By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chloe W

Here is a list of all the postings Chloe W has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Underground Railroad Sampler
08/05/2012 21:42:29

Hi Kerstin and Chris,

Your quilts are beautiful. It's amazing to see how we have all interpreted Tessa's guidance in such different and wonderful ways.

I'm ashamed to say that my blocks are not much further forward but I'm hoping to make some progress on them soon smiley

Chloe.

Thread: UFO Zapping 2012
08/02/2012 21:45:33
Margaret H,

I've found it in November 2010 issue - if you're a subscriber it'll be in the digital issues on this website.

Chloe.
08/02/2012 21:36:41
Margaret S,

I love your quilt, please could you post a photo of the back as well so we can see your mother's vintage fabric. I'd love to see what it looks like.

Margaret H,

there was a project in PP with disappearing 9 patch some months ago. I can remember it was for a bag, but I'm not sure which issue it was in. I'll have a look and if I can find it I'll let you know

Chloe.
Thread: Chat
08/02/2012 21:31:20
Tessa,

Happy Birthday

Hope you've had a lovely day

Chloe.
07/02/2012 22:07:44
Hi Angela,

I've just seen the message about your father. I'm so sorry and my thoughts go out to you.

Chloe.
Thread: Denim Delights
07/02/2012 22:00:22
I got a denim skirt from the charity shop at the weekend. I'm still thinking what to do with it though...
05/02/2012 20:53:10
Hi Zandra and Kay,

Hope you enjoy being part of the forum. I'm not from Northern Ireland either as I live in Hampshire.

We had some snow today, but it's mostly gone now although my DS (10 months) did enjoy it

Chloe.

Edited By BattyJan on 07/02/2012 23:14:21

Thread: Denim Delights
03/02/2012 11:03:12
oooh, I'm tempted to join in too. I don't have any old jeans (actually need to buy myself a 2nd pair) but will check what's in the charity shops in town this afternoon...

Chloe
02/02/2012 20:18:51
Margaret, congratulations on being the January UFO winner!

Annette, two already for February - wow!

Jan, that's not late - I started a quilt for my DS months before he was born last year and I still haven't finished it. I'm hoping to finish it before he leaves home!!

Chloe.
Thread: 4 Seasons Row by Row
02/02/2012 20:15:59
Carol,

I like being in Quilter's World too, and my DH knows that's where I am if he has to ask me something three times before getting an answer!

Chloe
26/01/2012 21:53:42
Katy,

That's a lovely idea. It's going to be hard to think of my own idea now!

Chloe.
26/01/2012 21:51:03
Margaret,

I love the colours you've used in your quilt!

Chloe.
Thread: Favourite Tips and Hints
26/01/2012 21:48:04
Hi Ladies,

I agree with the hints and tips so far - my 1/4" foot is a life saver as I can't sew in a straight line to save my life.

I also keep a roll of masking tape to hand if I'm cutting lots of squares (or HSTs) of the same size. I put the tape on my ruler along the square lines and then merrily get cutting. It means I don't keep having to check the square lines each time and I won't cut the wrong size accidentally. I also try and use it when I'm layering up quilts to keep the background fabric and wadding in place.

I also agree about this forum being great. I've tried patchwork that I wouldn't have done otherwise and taking part in the challenges is something I never thought I'd do because I didn't think my quilts would be good enough. But the ladies here give me the confidence to have a go. All I wish now was that I had more time to do more!

Chloe.
Thread: Albums
26/01/2012 21:35:04
Pam,

It's an amazing quilt and a really clever pattern.

Chloe
25/01/2012 18:40:49
Positive vibes to Jytte and to Kate's sister. Sometimes, I think some doctors see their patients as just the medical problem and not as a person with feelings. Over the years, I've encountered some really good doctors/nurses/other medical practitioners and some shockers.

Jytte could ask for a second opinion, especially as she saw a locum...

Chloe.
Thread: February Technique Challenge
25/01/2012 18:32:46
My crayons came today too -can't wait to give them a go

Chloe.
Thread: Penny's Baby QUilt
23/01/2012 20:01:04
Penny,

That is such a beautiful quilt - the baby that receives it will be very lucky

Chloe.
23/01/2012 14:50:43
Thanks Katy

Wow, sounds like we've all made a good start on our UFOs - just need to keep up the good work for the next 10 months

Chloe.
23/01/2012 13:05:08
Hi Margaret,

I agree with you about piecing and quilting. I definitely need to practice my quilting more so that I feel as comfortable doing it as I do piecing.

With UFO numbers, I've already finished more this year (1) than I did in the whole of last year (0)!

Chloe.
23/01/2012 13:00:27
Hi Mal,

Thanks! Your cushions are amazing, really beautiful.

Chloe
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues