By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Cath

Here is a list of all the postings Cath has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FIONA's quilt for her mum
04/07/2010 20:50:43
What a wonderful surprise for your Mum Fiona, and such lovely colours!

Cath
Thread: Chat
28/06/2010 21:49:55
Well done Irene!! 45 years is a real achievement! I hope you've both had a lovely celebration.    We are taking our family out on Sunday for a celebration lunch, as it's our 40th, Ruby I think. Where do the years go eh? Quite scary!

Congratulations to you too Caz, you must be very proud of your son.

Cath

Edited By Cath on 28/06/2010 21:50:16

Thread: 2009 Friendship Block Swap
28/06/2010 21:42:47
Hi Jackie, I posted your block today, so it will hopefully be with you within a couple of days. I've had it made two weeks or more, but just didn't seem to get to the post office!!

Cath
14/06/2010 21:22:00
Your quilt looks wondeful Anita, Well done.   

I want to say that I'm sure I have seen another completed quilt Katy, or is my memory playing tricks.........it often does these days!! 

Cath
13/06/2010 20:38:50
Hi Sylvia,

I do sympathise with you with your flight problems....I thought it was bad enough working out my route from Surrey into London, then from Euston to Brum!!! A doddle compaired to you.     Anyway, I'm going up on the 19th, booked into the Etap for two nights, then back home on the Saturday morning. That gives me a half day on Thursday and all day Friday.     Hopefully I'll be meeting as many of you as possible on those days.......can't wait!!!  

Cath
05/06/2010 21:35:33
Hi Tessa, I'm quite envious of your recent train excursion to Fort William, but after all you've been through recently,it must have done you the world of good, and you deserved a lovely treat like that.

We went to F.William for our honeymoon, (40 years ago now...shhh!) and it's somewhere I would love to re-visit. We also travelled by train on an overnight sleeper from London, but it wasn't exactly comfortable honeymoon sleeping!!!

We went to York on Thursday, again by train and came home today. We had a good couple of days, and I did a demonstration at the Quilt Museum on Friday afternoon, because I have a quilt in the Breakthrough Exhibition there at the moment. It was my first visit, and I had a thoroughly lovely time, and came away feeling really inspired by all those wonderful quilts. I'm also hoping to re-visit the V&A this week, so I'm certainly getting my fill of quilts!!!!! 
05/06/2010 21:20:11
Looking forward to making your block Jackie, and then finally Kerstins too. I can't believe that we're almost at the end of this  block swap, and I haven't even started to put mine together yet!!!! I think it may have to be a retirement  project......hopefully within the next year or two....fingers crossed!!  and something to keep me out of mischief!!

Cath
Thread: Hundertwasser Toilets!
05/06/2010 21:14:30
OOOH!! Have a fabulous holiday Caz.....even if there isn't!! 
Thread: Stained glass
05/06/2010 21:11:26
Hi Katy, I've only just seen this, I think it must have been a new thread while I was away in N.Z. 

I think it's just lovely, and I must agree with the majority that it is a fuchia! I love the greeny turquoise fabric, it really shimmers, and I would love a stained glass window like that. You must make some more!!

Cath 
Thread: Hundertwasser Toilets!
01/06/2010 14:05:33
Thanks everyone, and I'm pleased it's given you something else to explore Katy.

They really are wonderful loos, it seems funny to be talking about public toilets like this, but  they are so inspirational. Maybe some of our public loos could take some ideas from these. I'll post a couple of the photos I took into my album.
31/05/2010 19:56:03
Hi Tessa,

I hope you will soon be feeling 100%, being affected by the anaesthetic couldn't have helped either! I hope the sun is shining for you in Cumbria, because that would help I'm sure!     It's freezing here in the south today, and the leaden grey skies are not exactly conducive to that feel good factor. Where or where is summer???!!! :>( 

Edited By Cath on 31/05/2010 19:57:06

22/05/2010 20:45:56
Hi Jytte,

I'm so pleased to hear that you are at last feeling better now, even if not 100% yet. It sounds like a really nasty episode of poisoning.

Also pleased that you are liking all your blocks, the flowery background fabric was from UK, but the black backgrouind was from N.Z.

Cath
Thread: Look what happens when you're nosy!
22/05/2010 20:27:53
Lovely story Katy, I hope the rest of your week goes well too, and that this lovely weather lasts for you all. Our half term is next week,  we'll probably be back to winter again by then!!!

Enjoy your week too Fiona, and enjoy just "turning over" for another forty winks each morning!

Cath
10/05/2010 19:39:14
I was half hoping that I would be held up in New Zealand by the volcano, and then I could have spent some extra time with my new GS. He's only three weeks old tomorrow, but it will be September when I next see him, (fingers crossed) as my daughter is hoping to come and stay with us for a month. I bet he will have grown and changed so much by then! Thank goodness for Skype!

Cath
10/05/2010 19:32:31
Hi Jytte,

I only arrived back from New Zealand on Friday, so your tulip block will be the first bit of  proper sewing for over a month!! I'm really looking forward to getting my sewing machine all set up again, and making your block. I've got a couple of ideas, so just need to give it a bit more thought.

Cath
Thread: V&A Museum, Quilts 1700-2010 exhibition
25/04/2010 03:00:43
Hi Caz,

Have a wonderful day on Monday, I just know you will have a fabulous time at the V&A. I'm hoping to go again when I get home, something positive to take my mind off missing my little grandson!

Hope you make it to the Grace Kelly exhibition too,

Cath
25/04/2010 02:55:35
Hi Kim,

Big congratulations from me too, on the safe arrival of baby Peter. There really is something so special about a newborn, so like me, I'm sure you are going to make the most of every precious second!

They grow up all too quickly, and I'm so going to miss my darling little Owen when I fly home.     Hey Cathy, how about we swap places for a few months!! hee hee! 
23/04/2010 23:58:34
Thankyou all so much for all the Good Wishes. As you can imagine, life here is rather hectic at the moment, and little Owen is certainly letting us know that he has arrived! He is just so gorgeous, and I can't take my eyes off him.

Needless to say that I'm not managing to keep up with the posts on here, so I apologise for not commenting much on what is going on with you all, but I'm sure I'll catch up once I get home.

I did manage to take some pics of the yummy fabrics I bought here just before Owen was born, so here they are.....hope I don't make you all too jealous!!!! hee hee

22/04/2010 00:36:54
I've been "off-air" so to speak for a few days now, but that's because my daughter Emily and her partner Ian are now the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy! We are all so thrilled, and he is a very healthy 6lb 14oz born on 20th April local N.Z. time. I will honour their requests for no photos to be made public, so you will have to take my word that he is the most handsome little boy, with a very happy and proud Nana!!          

Cathy, many thanks too for the info about the quilt shop in Whangarei.....we went within a couple of hours of reading your message, and what a fantastic shop! I spent far too much, but the fabrics are to die for, I think I may have to make another visit, but fortunately for my purse, I'm limited in my suitcase as to how much more I buy. Will try to post some pics of the fabric soon.
17/04/2010 06:24:52
Well, now that my first week over here in N.Z. is over, and we've stopped rushing around so much visiting all the local sites, I've actualy found time to get onto the computer and catch up with a few things. We are just waiting now for baby to arrive, already three days late, so my daughter is resting up a bit. Maybe too much excitement and rushing around has slowed things up!

Interesting about the mistyfuse Jan, I've not tried it, so must order some. If it doesn't have a paper backing, how is it stored? I find that bondaweb seems to perish too, when it comes away from the paper. Does mistyfuse last longer, especially if it can be bought in 10 metre packs?

Cath
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues