By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for rosemary Rosenfeld

Here is a list of all the postings rosemary Rosenfeld has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ice Cream Swap
24/08/2009 21:59:06
Hi All,
great to see the creations so far, my quilt is pieced and I've started the quilting! Do you want to see the work in progress or wait for the completely finished article??
It is amazing how so many different fabric work together so well. We are obviously ALL VERY VERY CLEVER!!
Bets wishes
Rosemary
Thread: Festival of Quilts
22/08/2009 16:26:41
Hi All, there are some photos of the festival on the Guardian website for those of us not lucky enough to be going!
BW
Rosemary
Thread: Quilts 4London
22/08/2009 14:12:48
Hi All,
The link for this project is  www.quilts4london.org.uk.
Hope this works OK
BW
Rosemary
21/08/2009 17:59:50
Hi All!
Has anybody else become involved in this project? The aim seem to be to make a small pennant (Quilt) for each of the competitors in the 2012 games.I have signed up to show that I'm interested, I think it would be great to be part of the celebrations and a small quilt would not take very long. What do the rest of you think? I can post a link if anyone is interested and if it's OK Katy?
BW
Rosemary
21/08/2009 17:34:00
Fantastic work Tessa, You have been busy!
My blocks are really different, all trimmed today ready for the borders and joining so I won't send a picture just yet! Will there be a special album for them or does the finished article just go into our own?
BW
Rosemary
20/08/2009 18:00:45
My envelope arrived safely this morning. Thank you everybody, what a wonderful selection of fabrics!
I took a chance and had started my blocks, I had made the cornets and cut all the backgrounds, all I had to do today was to scoop the "icecream"  into the cornets and finish off the blocks. I will cut them tomorrow and add the borders before joining them. I think this is going to my Aunt  to be raffled (before Christmas) to raise money for a cancer charity. She did tell me the name but it has completely gone at the moment! I will let you know when/if I remember!
Thank you once again and thank you Dusie for all your hard work,
Best wishes
Rosemary
Thread: My first creative piece
20/08/2009 17:48:29
Well done! I know what you mean about quilting groups but I think there is room for the brand new as well as the more traditional in quilting. The so called traditional things were new once!!
Rosemary
Thread: Postcard swap
19/08/2009 14:22:03
Hi, I had a lovely card from Willy in Belgium today, nice for it not to be red for a change. I am just  about   to send a picture off to Cath so you all can see it!
BW
Rosemary
Thread: Attic Window quilts
18/08/2009 14:40:07
Hi All,
Does anybody have any "handy hints" for making attic window block? I am about to start a special birthday quilt (needed in December), made of photos and I planned  to make attic window . Unfortunately the photos are all differing sizes, some landscape, some portrait so I am taking time to think and plan before I start cutting. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received .
Many thanks
Best wished
Rosemary
17/08/2009 22:57:52
hi Dusie, can't wait for the post at the end of the week!!  Hope it hasn't been too trying for you but I'm sure you enjoyed opening all the parcels as they arrived,
Best 
Rosemary
15/08/2009 14:59:10
Hi All!
Isn't amazing how different all the cards have been given such a simple title! 
Can't wait to see them all!
Best
Rosemary
Thread: Computer aided design
12/08/2009 18:09:40
Hi  All,
I've seen ads etc for computer programs which can be used to design quilt blocks and quilts. Has anybody used them? Do they help? Or are they more trouble than they're worth?
Best wishes
Rosemary
12/08/2009 18:03:20
Hi Alison,
My postcard is ready to go in the post tomorrow, my first ever postcard, hope it survives the Post office!!
Rosemary
Thread: Chat
11/08/2009 14:22:15
Hi Angela,
I too am sorry to hear your news, there are some real rats around, they just don't realise the long term damage a few seconds greed can cause,  but you obviously have lots of friends around who are all thinking of you,
Best wishes
Rosemary
10/08/2009 16:18:19
Glad to know my parcel has arrived safely. Sadly the weather is no longer "ice creamy" , maybe that's just as well, all this talk is very bad for the waistline!! (But who cares!!!)
Rosemary
07/08/2009 17:40:13
It would be nice to see ALL the pieces but perhaps we might be disappointed if we missed out on a particular fabric!!  Does anybody think there will be duplicates?
Best 
Rosemary
05/08/2009 17:39:30
Hi All,
My strips are in the post, I have also posted a "sample" of the block I want to do. I have to sort out the background but thought I should wait until I see what arrives. Can't wait. Many thanks Susan for organizing it all. 
Besr
Rosemary
04/08/2009 23:58:45
Hi, can't wait, mt parcel is all ready to go in the post in the morning and I have already planned what I want to make, I am going to take it literally and make an "ice cream" quilt, I don't know who I'll give it to but I'll have great fun sewing!!
Thread: Stained glass Window Quilts
29/07/2009 15:52:30
Hi All,
As somebody fairly new to quilting I am learning as I go along. I am hoping to do a "stained glass window" quilt for my sister. I  have found a design and under stand the general principle. I think the quilt will be about 54 ins square, too big to use bonda web to applique (?) the windows (but not the leading), I have found lots of web suggestions but am looking for the advice from those more experienced quilters among you, I am sure you won't let me down,
Many thanks
Rosemary (from Worton near Devizes) 

PS I am looking forward to joining in with the new stripswap and postcard swap as well

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues