By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for rosemary Rosenfeld

Here is a list of all the postings rosemary Rosenfeld has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FRIENDSHIP SWAP 2010
12/01/2010 17:48:46
Yes,  the list will close at 12 midday on Friday 15th  January.  So there is still time for any "lurkers" to make up their minds and join us. There are 13 of us at the moment so room for a few more!
Best wishes
Rosemary
P.S. I am sending an "off forum" email just to confirm all your thoughts so far!! R.
Thread: Postcard swap
12/01/2010 14:49:34
Thank you Fiona, your card has arrived. I will post a photo as soon as!!
Best
Rosemary
12/01/2010 13:08:55
Please can I come and visit too?
Best 
Rosemary
10/01/2010 12:52:55
Hi All,   PLEASE don't be anxious! This is supposed to be fun. I agree that it can be a bit nerve wracking using somebody elses(?) fabric but I pass on a suggestion from one of the 2009 swap (sorry, was it you Maggi?) who was making 2 blocks every month, 1 to keep and 1 to send, so that at the end she will have 2 quilts. I am going to try this even if I use different colours. That way I can try out each block first and solve any problems first!
Best wishes
Rosemary

Thread: Chat
10/01/2010 12:43:28
Glad things went well Cath, I'm sure people will visit as soon as they are able!
Best
Rosemary
Thread: 2009 Friendship Block Swap
10/01/2010 12:38:20
Hi All,
I don't know what you're all worried about, our swap WILL be just as good as this one because it will be sewn with just as much love!!!!!
Best
Rosemary
Thread: Olympic pennants
08/01/2010 17:19:45
Where do your ideas come from!!!!!
Best wishes
Rosemary
08/01/2010 17:14:01
13 so far, anymore still thinking about it?
Rosemary
07/01/2010 15:52:55
11 and counting!!! Lots of super ideas, all different so far!!
Best wishes
Rosemary
07/01/2010 12:50:13
Hi Everyone,
We have 10 people signed up for this swap so far. I will close the list next  Fri.,JAN 15th. so if anybody else is interested there is still time to join us!! It is not restricted to "newbies", all are welcome!

If you could all send me your name, address , email address and if you have decided, your theme for the swap, as soon as,  I have heard from most of you but.....

I aim to begin on Feb. 1st. Who will be the lucky beginner?

Best wishes
Rosemary
06/01/2010 14:25:29
No problem at all Cathy, it may just take a little longer to get there. That makes 10 of us!
Best wishes
Rosemary
Thread: Shops in Sheffield
04/01/2010 15:40:41
Hi All,
 I'm hoping you will be able to help. Can you let me know of any quilting shops in Sheffield, I have been asked to make a "wedding quilt" and want to let the "happy couple" see what's available before they decide what they want.
Also if anyone has any wedding/anniversary quilts in their albums could they let me know. It would be nice to show them some alternatives. I think they want to include some wedding photos so there is no hurry but............ things can suddenly  get very busy where weddings are concerned!!
Many thanks
Rosemary 
04/01/2010 15:08:26
Hi all,
9 of us now, welcome Jackie and Marian T.
Thanks to those who have already sent their names etc. No hurry !
Can you also send me your "off-forum" email address if you have one.
many thanks
Best wishes
Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 04/01/2010 15:23:32

03/01/2010 17:28:47
Hi All,
There are 7 of us so far,

Irene B
Fiona
Joan
Jeny
Patricia B
 Maggie McKay
and Me,

A few more would be nice but we have enough people already to make it work.

The RULES!

1.      The block can be any size, square or rectangular, but any one side should have a minimum length of 9 inches and a maximum length of 16 inches.
2.      The blocks can be any technique such as pieced, appliquéd, painted, embellished or a combination.
3.         The recipient will decide on the theme and MAY chose to send a piece of fabric to the others if they wish.
4.      The finished blocks should be posted to **************  by the end of the month
5.    ***************** can put the blocks together in a quilt, make them into cushions or anything else that she likes, but the result must be posted on the forum thread when finished.
6.     When*************** has received all the blocks, or by the 1st of the next month, you will find out about the next round.

I think this more or less covers it. The order will be chosen by lots. I will ask my "real" quilting group to do that. "Quilt and Patch" is a member of both groups and will ensure fair play. 

I will send you all PM with some more thoughts soon!
Best wishes
Rosemary

Thread: BIRTHDAY AREA
03/01/2010 16:15:47
Happy Birthday Carol!!
Best wishes
Rosemary
01/01/2010 15:24:48
Only 2 takers so far, 3 of us in all! Anyone else going to join us?
Best
Rosemaru
Thread: Christmas Decoration Swap
31/12/2009 16:37:54
Just about to post a picture of me sewing a decoration with Joe. He "belongs" to a friend but I borrowed him for the afternoon. We both had fun!
Best wishes
Rosemary 
Thread: Chat
31/12/2009 15:12:33
Happy New Year to you all,

My sister and husband are coming for dinner and we shall raise a glass to our Mum's slow recovery!!
Best wishes
Rosemary
30/12/2009 16:00:00
The title says it all. I have been made very jealous by all the lovely blocks I've seen which have been winging their way all over the world!!
I only discovered PP after the swap had begun and I'm sure there are a few more people in the same boat!!

Now is our chance to get our own back! Katy is happy for me to organize a new swap, it will follow the same lines as the 2009 one. Katy is going to re-post the explanation (until she does you can find it on the thread "Friendship swap2009) and I'd like to start it at the beginning of Feb.
So get your thinking caps on and let me know if you're interested.  I'm a beginner so don't feel shy or be modest.

Best wishes and Happy New year to you all
Rosemary
Thread: BIRTHDAY CLUB
30/12/2009 15:40:15
Hi Jan, I received my message but I have 1 question,

WHO is  going to organize a little something for you??
best
Rosemary
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues