By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Irene K

Here is a list of all the postings Irene K has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
29/04/2011 17:07:06
Simplicity bias tape maker -

Just thought I'd mention that I bought one of these a few weeks ago from a place called Sew Essentials, which is based in Walsall, West Midlands, and it definitely has a British plug.

If anyone is interested, their email address is enquiries@sewessentials.co.uk, or telephone number 01922 722276.

Mine cost under £80 with free delivery, so it's worth checking out if you're interested in purchasing one. They also had all the extra fittings for different size tapes, which you buy seperately.

Irene K

Thread: Gary qilt "Townsquare"
17/04/2011 13:30:54
Wel done Heike, it's beautiful and the fabrics have such lovely warm colours.
Clever girl!

Irene K
Thread: Book Trail
12/04/2011 11:22:57
Hi Mal,
Thanks for your PM, I'm posting the book this afternoon, so you should get it shortly.

Look out for a brown A5 envelope with your address on a white label and my name, postcode and PP forum on the back!

I've also pm'd you.

Irene K x
Thread: 2011 Birthday Club
12/04/2011 10:41:37
Hi Glenda,
A very Happy Birthday to you, hope you enjoy your special day!

Love, Irene K x
Thread: Basket Quilt
10/04/2011 14:33:03
Caz, your quilt is really beautiful too! It's amazing how one pattern can be made to look so different, I'd like to make them both now!

Irene K
10/04/2011 08:55:58
Hi Mal-A,
You are just in time - I was going to post it back to Marian tomorrow!

If you pm me with your full name and address details, I will get the book in the post to you. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading it.

Irene K
Thread: Basket Quilt
08/04/2011 18:58:56
Hi Irene,
This is a real 'work of heart'. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm really glad you're keeping this for yourself - you deserve it after all your hard work!

Irene K x
07/04/2011 14:38:17
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd mention, in case any of you don't receive emails from East Coast Quilting...
They are having a 40% off sale at the moment as they are moving premises at the end of April, and don't want to take everything with them.
You need to quote the reference YYGZBMT9 if you order anything to get the discount.

Irene K

Thread: 2011 Birthday Club
05/04/2011 11:28:49
Fiona - have a lovely birthday and enjoy opening all your little packages. Looking forward to the photos!

Irene K x
03/04/2011 15:25:45
re: the Ann Petry book about Harrient Tubman - Conductor on the Underground Railroad, oringally sent on it's way by Marian many moons ago..

I have finally finished reading this wonderful, inspirational and moving book and enjoyed it so much, but have no names to pass it on to.

If you haven't read it and would like to - please let me know so that I can pass it on. Otherwise I will return it to Marian with my grateful thanks.

Happy Mothering Sunday everyone!

Irene K
21/03/2011 15:27:12
Hear Hear - 3 cheers for Jan!

At my quilt group, we have a lovely teacher who has written several books and articles fgr magazines, and does the most beautiful work, but although she encourages us to do the best work we can, and shows us the traditional and newer ways of doing things, she never criticises what people are doing, or what materials they use.

After all, patchwork and quilting would probably never have got off the ground if there had been rules and regulations about what to use - most of the old quilts were in a great mixture of materials, including anything anyone could get hold of, or worn out clothing. Testament to this (as anyone who visited the V & A will know) is that many of these quilts still look as fresh as the day they were made, even those made more than a century ago.

Irene K

19/03/2011 16:37:34
I have finally finished the Harriet Tubman book and loved it.
Not sure if anyone else is waiting to read it as I have no names to forward it to.
If you are interested, please let me know, if not I will return it to it's owner with grateful thanks.

Not sure what is now 'doing the rounds' but whatever there is, if it's about quilting, count me in please!

Irene K
Thread: Postage
19/03/2011 09:33:10
I always post anything other than an ordinary letter via the post office counter, as you can always get a free proof of posting at the same time, which helps if the item goes missing. Also, if the post office have taken it and given you this p of p they can hardly come back to you for extra postage, and if they did, you would have a good case for a refund.

As with the other ladies though, if you have found a problem with anything I've sent, please let me know and I'll happily reimburse.

Irene K
19/03/2011 09:26:33
Hi Rosemary,
I'm not sure if you are referring to printed quilt labels, but if you are, I recently bought some beautiful ones from ebay.
There are 11 gorgeous labels of varying sizes, and they cost £3.95 for the panel. Mine are printed on a black background with bright colours, but they are also available with a while or cream background with less vivid colours.

The panel I got is made by Fabric Freedom, so you might look at their website to see if this is what you're after, and if you google Quilt Labels on ebay, you will probably find them, which is what I did.

Good luck in your hunt!

Irene K x
Thread: PP Forum Mini Round Robin
19/03/2011 09:17:17
It's really lovely Irene, and I know it looks even better 'in the flesh' . Have you decided what to do with it?

It's a shame that the photographs don't do the colours justice - like with mine, it looks much better in real life and I'm so glad you'rfe pleased with it.

I loved doing this and have decided to keep adding rounds to mine and include the beautiful fabrics I got for my birthday, so that it will be a true 'friendship quilt' as I can't bear to part with it! (I will make an alternative cot quilt for Linus though as I feel very guilty!!!)

Irene K x

Thread: Oh I am so Stupid sometimes!
16/03/2011 21:04:01
Oh dear Katy!
It reminds me of when my sister lost her phone . We searched the house from top to bottom and finally decided that it must have fell into her waste paper bin and that it was lost forever.
A couple of weeks after she died, we were clearing out her house and one of her daughters took home a couple of umbrellas that were hanging in the hallway. Months later, she decided to use one of the umbrellas, and as she put it up, out fell her mom's phone!
So....you never know, it might turn up - hope so anyway, but we all do daft things, so forgive yourself.

Irene K x
Thread: PP Forum Mini Round Robin
16/03/2011 20:56:49
Hi Jeny, I'm so glad you like your quilt and that it arrived so quickly after I posted it!

Irene K x
15/03/2011 21:48:12
sorry - I hiccupped!
Irene K x
15/03/2011 21:47:25
Judith, your quilt is beautiful, so bright and 'happy'. All of the quilts have turned out beautifully.

Jeny, your quillt was posted this morning by first class post, so you should get it shortly. It's in a white padded envelope with a sticker with my details on the back. Hope you like it - I think it's beautiful.

Irene K x
15/03/2011 21:47:23
Judith, your quilt is beautiful, so bright and 'happy'. All of the quilts have turned out beautifully.

Jeny, your quillt was posted this morning by first class post, so you should get it shortly. It's in a white padded envelope with a sticker with my details on the back. Hope you like it - I think it's beautiful.

Irene K x
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners