By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lou

Here is a list of all the postings Lou has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: my first bag!!
15/07/2009 13:04:05
cool, thank you! i'm glad you all think it's good!

Its a bit dodgy in places but for my first attempt, i'm really pleased.

cant wait to start making more bags!!
15/07/2009 09:45:23

Thread: not really to do with quilting but.......
10/06/2009 16:17:48
hi girls

Firstly, i got my sewing machine for my birthday!! It wasn't a janome but its a toyota frs21? its fantastic!!!!  i've done 'sew' much on it already!!!

I've had a few requests to make things for people such as doorstops, pot holders etc? I dont really know what area these makes come under? a quilting comes under quilting but what does pieces of material sewn together come under?!!

I've been asked if i'd like to try and sell some bits but i dont know what catagory to market these in? 
i went to a massive agricultural show a couple of weeks ago, the royal bath and west show here in somerset and when i was wandering around the many crafts tents and stalls, there were NO patchwork types items and no hand sewn items, such as doorstops etc? surely there has to be a market somewhere for it?

if this makes any sense to anyone, i'd be greatful for some advice!

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread: my first quilt!
28/05/2009 09:43:16
hi

you are all so kind! thank for you very much for your lovely words. i'm glad you all like it. it was my first project and was given to my mum for her birthday. it wasn't done from a pattern, i just put it together myself.

i'm looking forward to starting my next project, just dont know what to do! i'd quite like to have a go at a bag but i'm not very good at understanding the pattern instructions!!

will post pictures when i've done my next project.

thanks again

Lou
xxxxx
Thread: quilting equipment
27/05/2009 21:15:07
hi

i'm new to all of this, only been doing patchwork etc since xmas. 

its my birthday friday and am hoping to get a sewing machine!

i also need to get a rotary cutter, dresss makers shears and a large ruler, specifically for quilting etc.  where is the best place to get stuff like this online, quite cheap?

lou
xxxx
Thread: my first quilt!
27/05/2009 21:12:31

Thread: i'm new!
14/05/2009 16:30:44
thanks guys for all of your supportive comments.

i understand that i wont make any money from it!!  I have booked a stand in november at a local craft fair and intend on selling advent calenders, stockings and general items such as door stops, draught excluders and pot holders etc?

I've seen this sort of thing for sale before so people must make money somewhere?

i'm loving this already! thank you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
13/05/2009 14:52:47
hi

i'm new to the site and have only been doing patchwork for about 6 months!

i'm loving it and have just completed my first quilt, which is my profile picture (when its approved)

as i'm a stay at home mum , i have the time to do things and therefore would like to do a course or gain a qualification in patchwork/quilting. i would veyr much like to sell my items too.

any help or advice any one can offer will be great.

i look forward to speaking with you all soon

lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners