By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lou

Here is a list of all the postings Lou has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: japanese fabric
14/12/2009 13:33:21
hello!

i went to london at the weekend and visited Liberty's where i purchased some wonderful japanese fabric (or at least it said made in japan!)

anyway, its rayon chirimen crepe BUT it feels very delicate so i'm not sure how to handle it, sewing etc and i don't know what to do with it?
i'm thinking a wall hanging?

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited By louise a'barrow on 14/12/2009 13:49:36

Thread: my online shop
09/12/2009 22:26:36
hi susan

yes, i do get quite a bit of interest. you can see how many people have looked at each item and at present my highest count on one item is 78 and its been on two weeks.

i've sold 5 items in total, one of those was a commissioned piece. someone contacted me to ask if i could make something similar.

its definitely worth a go

Lou
xx
08/12/2009 16:04:09
hi maggi

yes it does use paypal.
i found people were weary of buying from my shop on Etsy as it was in dollars - i'm having a much better experience on Misi.  i have taken this from the site:

Who are we ?

MISI is a service of MISI CREATIVE LTD.
MISI is the UK's online craft marketplace. Set up by a keen crafter, Web developer and Work at home mum, MISI is bringing together the UK's craft community and giving them a place to sell what they make. Buyers can find high quality products with a personal touch. MISI has been running since Late October 2008 and has already attracted more than 3000 sellers and is reaching 75000 visitors per month.
MISI Creative Ltd puts on various craft related Events bringing the MISI community alive in the offline world.

In October 2009 MISI was proud to be awarded The Mumtrepreneur 2009, Highly Commended Best Start Up Business

Lou
xxxxxxx
Thread: mystery quilt series in PP
08/12/2009 11:43:08
hello

i've just got the latest PP where the mystery quilt series finishes?

i'm just wondering whether i could make the quilt from a jelly roll and charm pack? 
i'm not good at working out measurements etc so cant tell from what's needed whether a jelly roll would be enough?

thanks

Lou
xxxx
Thread: my online shop
08/12/2009 11:18:45
hi girls

firstly, apologies if i'm not allowed to advertise this!

I have recently opened a shop on a fantastic craft selling site.  Some of you may have heard of Etsy, but this is based in america and is in dollars. 
I have found a UK one, called Misi!  Its very similar to Etsy but is much better, i think!!

So if any of you would like to sell bits and bobs, take a look.

as an example, my shop is www.handmadewithlove.misi.co.uk
(all christmas items have free postage!!)

hope this is helpful to some people

Lou
xxxxxxxx
Thread: courses in patchwork/quilting
07/12/2009 19:50:27
hi maggi

that isn' what they told me this afternoon.

i emailed them regarding enrollment dates and i had a reply stating that they were no longer in business.

lou
07/12/2009 17:29:31
hi

thanks for your suggestions so far, they are perfect!

just to let you know though, quilters keep learning are no longer in business - i found this out when i emailed them!

thanks again

Lou
xxx
07/12/2009 12:24:35
hello

i would love to go on a patchwork/quilting course, especially looking more into patchwork as an art (dare i say that!!)

can anyone help me?  i cant do anything during the day as i have my little girl so that counts a few things out!  if i could find something online, that would be great!

look forward to hearing from you all

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread: 2009 Friendship Block Swap
17/11/2009 21:10:41
will we be doing this next year?

Lou
xx
Thread: i'm in this month's PP!!!
08/11/2009 12:08:52
I'm very excited and surprised to find that i'm in the months PP!!

In the snippets section (i think its called) there's a tiny article about misi?  I have an online shop on misi and sometime ago there was an article in PP asking for anyone who had an online shop to get in touch!!

Just a shame they didn't put  a link to the shop!!

Lou
xx

Incase you're wondering it www.handmadewithlove.misi.co.uk !!!!

Thread: trip around the world
05/11/2009 11:48:35
hello

i apologise if this is the wrong group but i'm curious to know what 'trip around the world' is?
i went to a quilt show recently and everyone was flocking over a lovely quilt, just because it was a trip around the world?!!!

Is there a pattern for this?

thanks!

Lou
xx
Thread: where's my magazine!
05/11/2009 11:46:41
hello

for those of you who suscribe, have you had your magazine yet?

i've just seen on here that the december issue is out tommorrow!!!

lou
xx
Thread: help - my first craft fair!!
21/10/2009 16:47:19
Hi Caz

Its at westlands on Sunday 1st november? its a christmas craft fair.

i've done it in the past, with my husband's photography business so i know its a very well attended event

lou
xx
Thread: Jester bag
20/10/2009 14:38:37
that's fab!!!

well done

Lou
xx
Thread: help - my first craft fair!!
20/10/2009 14:37:47
Hi Everyone

I need your help!

I'm doing my first craft fair next sunday!! i've made lots of nice christmas things as well as other bits, but i don't know how to display it all?

i'm being provided with a 6ft table but obviously i cant just lay things out on the table as it will look a little messy?

i wish i could afford to go and by display boards etc but i can't, i may never do another craft fair as it could be a complete flop!!

any ideas would be appreciated.

thank you

lots of love

Lou

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread: Project Linus
20/09/2009 22:24:12
yes liz, i wasnt expecting to be doing both!!

still, all for a good cause!!

Lou
xxxx
19/09/2009 17:00:46
Hi Caz!

I'm in Yeovil!!

Which group are you a member of?  I recently went to an exhibition in martock held by stanchester quilt group and it was fantastic! My friend has since joined the group.

That's where i discovered Linus.

Lou
xxxx
18/09/2009 16:41:13
Hello

Firstly, i apologise if there is already a thread for this.

I've just become the somerset co-ordinator for project linus and i'm very excited!!!

i'd love to hear from any of you who donate to this fabulous cause or anyone who is a co-ordinator themselves.

looking forward to hearing from you all soon

Lou
xxxxx
Thread: i won!!!
18/08/2009 20:44:50
Just wanted to say thank you to those of you had any involvement in my winning the bag competition!

i had no idea i'd even entered it - i just displayed the photo for all of you to see!

i've never won anything and i was so thrilled so thank you all. i got 5 lovely fat quarters and a real boost!!

Lou
xxx
Thread: help
30/07/2009 23:02:23
in a recent addition of popular patchwork, they had some worded fabrics, specifically for quilters? I can not find the copy of the magazine it was in and cant find them on the internet!

i think they came as a set and had different slogans, such as ' a quilter cant have too many fat quarters' or something like that! i have friends who quilt who i'd like to make gifts for with these.

if anyone know's what i am talking about, please get in touch!!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners