By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lou

Here is a list of all the postings Lou has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: christmas wreath
30/09/2011 09:23:40
marlene, that's fab!

Are the hearts padded?

Do you know what size of ring you used and how many hearts?

Thanks for showing me this

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread: Orphan Blocks
04/07/2011 13:38:34
Hi Tessa

I received your package today. Thank you so much, its all lovely and will make perfect quilts.

Also, thank you to ros who has sent me some fabric and blocks which arrived this morning. can't find you on here but thank you!

Lou
xxxxxxxxx
25/06/2011 20:07:48
Hi Tessa

That would be fantastic, thank you so much.

My address is 18 Grange Road, Helston, Cornwall TR13 8SJ

Thank you again

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread: Landscape quilts or journal quilts
23/06/2011 17:11:49
Hi Katy

That would be good!

I've tried having a go with a small picture today but it looks a bit naff!! When i've finished it, i'll put a picture on here

thanks

Lou
xxxxx
Thread: Orphan Blocks
23/06/2011 16:00:15
Hello!

I've recently taken on the role of sw cornwall co-ordinator for project linus.

I have a number of ladies who would like to sew 'orphan blocks' together to form quilts?

If anyone has any spares blocks that they would like to donate, it would be very much appreciated. They can be of any size or colour.

Also, if anybody knows of anyone in the SW Cornwall area who would like to make or get involved with linus, do let me know.

Lots of Love
Lou
18 Grange Road
Helston
Cornwall
TR13 8SJ

xxxx
Thread: New techniques and challenges
23/06/2011 15:29:09
this sounds brilliant. cant wait for it to start!
Lou
xxx
Thread: Chat
14/06/2011 13:24:20
terrible washing!!

fantastic quilts

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread: Show and Tell
14/06/2011 10:16:20
is this still running?

Lou
xxxx
Thread: Landscape quilts or journal quilts
14/06/2011 10:15:18
Hello!

Can anyone help me?
I live in such a beautiful part of the world and i've recently been looking at scenery and thinking how wonderful it would be to paint it. Then i thought 'what if i could make it out of fabric instead'!

I've been reliably informed that to make a quilted picture is either a landscape quilt or a journal or miniature (can't remember how to spell that!) quilt. Is this correct?

Having gone back through some of my PP's, there are some fantastic examples but where on earth do i start?
Do i start with a photo? If so, do i then make a template from the photo? Some of the pieces will be quite small so do i applique these into a backing fabric and then quilt it?

The whole idea of the planning and then finding the fabrics and then putting it together is just beyond me! I haven't looked on the internet yet as i want to be sure i'm looking for the right thing.

I'm hoping somebody on here can help me?

Lou
Thread: Landscape/Journal Quilts
14/06/2011 10:13:07
Hello!

Can anyone help me?
I live in such a beautiful part of the world and i've recently been looking at scenery and thinking how wonderful it would be to paint it. Then i thought 'what if i could make it out of fabric instead'!

I've been reliably informed that to make a quilted picture is either a landscape quilt or a journal or miniature (can't remember how to spell that!) quilt. Is this correct?

Having gone back through some of my PP's, there are some fantastic examples but where on earth do i start?
Do i start with a photo? If so, do i then make a template from the photo? Some of the pieces will be quite small so do i applique these into a backing fabric and then quilt it?

The whole idea of the planning and then finding the fabrics and then putting it together is just beyond me! I haven't looked on the internet yet as i want to be sure i'm looking for the right thing.

I'm hoping somebody on here can help me?

Lou
xxxxxxx
Thread: Friendship Block Swap 2011
14/06/2011 10:03:51
please let me know if you do this sort of thing again as i'd love to join in.

Lou
xxxxx
Thread: christmas wreath block
11/06/2011 08:59:44
i''ve only just found this and i love it!!

I can feel a christmas quilt coming on!!

XXX
Thread: Submit your event listing here
11/06/2011 08:57:56
County - Cornwall
Title - Craft Fair
Dates - Sunday 3rd July
Details - 1030-1500. Craft fair featuring local makers, all in aid of Childrens Hospice Southwest's Precious Lives Appeal. Free entry and refreshments available, including cake!!
Full address including postcode - Culdrose Community Hall, Hibernia Road, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8DJ

Hope i can list this, as its a craft fair and not a quilt exhibition!
Lou
xxxxx
Thread: Easy bag
11/06/2011 08:28:16
your bag is fab caz.
i made a similar bag from a kit i brough at the creative craft show held at the bath and west showground last year. I got 5 fat quarters for £5 and a free bag pattern! Its almost identical to yours. It was very easy to make, using the stitch and flip method for the side panels. I have the pattern as i'm meant to be making myself a bag so if anyone wants a copy, let me know.

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread: Chat
10/06/2011 09:54:53
Hello girls!!

I'm back!!!!

I know, you're probably saying....who?!!

Its been so long since i've been on here. I feel like i lost touch with patchwork for a while but i'm back! I've even re-subscribed to the magazine!
My little online craft business (www.handmade-withlove.org.uk) is chugging along and i've now moved to cornwall which is fab!

Anyway, i have lots of ideas up my sleeve so stand by for lots of questions over the coming days!!

Can't wait to start chatting with you all

Lou
xxxxx
Thread: Project Linus Co-ordinator needed
10/09/2010 14:01:26
Hi

I'm the project linus co-ordinator for somerset, mainly south, but i'm moving to cornwall in december and i'm trying to find a replacement!

Project Linus is a fantastic thing to be involved with and it only takes up about 2-3 hours a month.

if you or anyone you know might be interested, do let me know, or pass on my details.  They don't have to be a quilter or crafts person, but an interest in this area could help - or at least have friends who can help!

having built up such strong links in the area, i really don't want to see them go to waste.

hope to hear from you soon

Louise A'Barrow
(01935) 434922
Thread: japanese fabric and what to do with it!
30/07/2010 16:00:09
Hi Girls

Hope you're all ok?

I went to Liberty's last year and brought some fab fabric.  Its japanese rayon chirimen crepe.  i've got 6 pieces that are about 8.5" x 6.5" and a piece that's slightly bigger, all in co-ordinating pinks.

BUT, i don't know what to do with it, or how to handle it!  its so flimsy and delicate, i'm not sure even how to sew it!!

If you have any ideas, they would be appreciated!

Lots of love

lou
xxx

Edited By louise a'barrow on 30/07/2010 16:01:50

Thread: Pin Wheel Wall Hanging
30/07/2010 14:18:32
I'm so proud of this!  my first piece of proper patchwork!!!

let me know what you think

lou
xxxxxxxxx
Thread: christmas wreath
15/06/2010 13:45:00
hi katy

that looks great! i hope its easier than it looks!

if i could have a pattern, i'd appreciate it.  my email is mrswheelie1@hotmail.co.uk if its easier to send it to me.

thanks
again

lou
xxxxxxx
14/06/2010 15:03:26
hello

yes, i know its early but a friend made christmas wreaths for her friends last year, but she won't tell me how to make them as she think's i'll just sell them!

i won't as i think the time and effort the goes in to them would make them cost hundreds of pounds but i'd like to make one for myself and my mum etc.

she used a polystyrene ring and covered it in fabric.  then she made lots of leaf shaped bits and sewed them all onto the ring. apparently, its similar to doing a christmas tree!!???

if anyone can understand what i'm trying to describe and can let me have a pattern or tell me how to do it i'd really appreciate it!

lou
xxxxx
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues