By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Margaret S

Here is a list of all the postings Margaret S has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Slice quilts
29/04/2009 21:36:50
I am late picking up on this thread, but I would be interested in this as a group project. I have wanted to try for some years but there is not enough interest in my quilting group.

Margaret
Thread: 2009 Friendship Block Swap
29/04/2009 12:09:16
Hi Ros

Block finished and posted to you today.

Margaret
Thread: Chat
28/04/2009 20:58:04
Tessa

I've remembered that the technique is called 'Meshwork'. Search for - quilt japanese meshwork on the web. www.clover-usa.com has a free bag pattern and I am sure there are others. It might help you trace the book.

Margaret
28/04/2009 16:38:47
Tessa,
It could be 'Taupe Quilt' Ref: 4538  £17.50 from Cotton Patch.

Unfortunately, the friend who has made some of these bags is on holiday at the moment, so I cannot ask her. However, the bags are fabulous but fiddly!

Good luck in your search.

Margaret
25/04/2009 14:37:04
How I agree with Kim!

My Dad had breast cancer many years ago. When he felt unwell doctor gave him steroids for chest infection! He was an engineer in the days before they knew of the dangers of oil. Dad ignored it, but by the time they discovered the lump it was far too late.  People do not appreciate that men get breast cancer and men need to be more aware of the possibility.

It makes me angry too.

Margaret
23/04/2009 14:43:23
Yesterday was a good day! Someone has been watching over me.

I've been off-line for a while dealing with a major unexpected health scare. Makes you realise how good the NHS is. Lots of care and attention. Loads of tests, x-rays, scans etc. All fast tracked and free. Then the phone call yesterday. PET scan diagnosis wrong, appears I have had a lung abscess. Now, instead of the possibility of chemo, it's strong antibiotics and a follow-up monitoring scan. Fingers crossed. Big relief.

Last night I won £10 on the lottery!

Back to quilting at last and thinking cap on for Ros's Friendship Block.

Margaret
Thread: 2009 Friendship Block Swap
30/03/2009 20:20:06
Hello Janet

I have posted your block today. Our post is not always reliable but hopefully you will get it soon.

Margaret

(It may say MAS on top left but please call me Margaret. Like a lot of women of a certain age in England, I was named after the Queen's sister. My name had already been registered when I joined.)
25/03/2009 16:49:23
Being new to this and as this is a 'Friendship Block Swap', are we signing the blocks we send out?

Margaret
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues