By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Margaret S

Here is a list of all the postings Margaret S has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
18/09/2018 14:21:45

Completed my disappearing 9 patch quilt using my 2018 charm squares, bit of Janet Clare grey Aubarde, border fabric bought from Pam on ebay and backing fabric that was my mum's. Had to use 2 different greys when it came to inner border and binding as I only just had enough for each one.

Birthday Club 2018 quilt completed

Wanted to do a Baptist Fan quilt pattern right back from the days that I hand quilted. Did this by machine over paper template.

Birthday Club 2018 quilt back

Margaret

Thread: Chat
16/09/2018 22:04:46

Sending many positive thoughts and virtual hugs your way Eileen. Hope the op goes ahead on the due date, after waiting all this time, and that you will be home again very soon.

Margaret x

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
15/09/2018 10:05:55

Happy Birthday Eileen. I hope that you have a great day.

Margaret rose

12/09/2018 10:38:55
Hi Eileen

Squishie posted. Hope it reaches you safely.

Margaret
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
07/09/2018 15:30:27

Lovely quilt top Rosemary. Took my addled brain some time to spot the hsts!!!!

Delivered this play mat/quilt to it's very special 6 week old new owner today. So long since we have seen a baby. He looked very small. Special gift for a couple who have longed for a baby for years, tried ivf, it didn't happen. Suddenly in her mid forties, and dad quite a bit older, things worked!

Margaret

Baby Play Mat/Quilt

25/08/2018 10:32:09

Love the bag Brenda. Gorgeous colours.

Looking forward to seeing your House Quilt progress, Rosemary.

Slowly progressing with my Cassini quilt. On round 16 of 19 now. Just over 36" diameter at present.

WIP Cassini Quilt

Margaret

25/08/2018 10:20:26
Congratulations on your new machine Rosemary. I don't know that machine as I have a QE 4.2 but I hope it gives you much pleasure. One problem(good) with the Pfaffs is the IDT. Once you have used it then other makes of machine's walking feet seem archaic! I have mine on all the time.

Enjoy!

Margaret
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2018
22/08/2018 11:57:36
That butterfly quilt is wonderful.

Margaret
21/08/2018 09:54:39
You certainly managed to take a lot of photos in your short time there, Rosemary.

I particularly like the miniature with the balls rolling down the slopes, although I think the large green one would cause a blockage! Like the first miniature too, but maybe a bit visually unbalanced?

To my eye, the 'Best in Show' is slightly unbalanced too, but I am told it is stunning in real life.

I am told that there didn't seem to be as many people on opening day as usual. What did you think when you were there?

Margaret
18/08/2018 14:53:28
Very gentle virtual hugs to all of you who need them at the moment and loads of positive thoughts to wish you all on the mend soon.

Margaret
Thread: king sized bed quilt to make
18/08/2018 14:47:08
Well done Eileen. Lovely colours.

Margaret
18/08/2018 14:45:28
Eileen, Well done. Your sil will be one lucky lady when she receives her quilt.

Margaret
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
18/08/2018 14:42:47
Count me in Rosemary.

Margarer
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2018
14/08/2018 16:18:44
Thank you Rosemary. As a stay at home I miss all those photos that Katy used to put up for us. You certainly managed to photo some nice quilts. How big is 'The Best in Show'?

Regarding sewing machines, I think a 'price fixing' is operating. There don't seem to be the good deals that there were, although some firms say contact them for discounts.I wonder if all the machines sold on the sewing channels has affected the market. I know that as soon as you go for the wider arm space it seems to cost at least 1.5k!

Margaret
11/08/2018 09:19:17
Need to buy some cheese. Dh asks why I have put Cathedral Window on the shopping list!

Margaret
Thread: Foundation piecing can you help please
10/08/2018 20:24:10
Hi Rosemary

The Cassini quilt that I am working on is fpp. I don't mind the mess although, as Jo Avery said on Sewing Quarter yesterday, you need to keep the vacuum cleaner near by!

Before I started, I thought about using my Gutermann Solvy but decided I would rather run the paper through the printer than draw onto the Solvy. (Available from Cotton Patch) I have never used this though so can't say if it is any good.

If you don't mind leaving the foundation in, then you could always use lightweight Vilene, or whatever it is called now.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 10/08/2018 20:25:49

07/08/2018 09:23:56
Our group chairman got a frantic phone call from one of our newer members who was at a garage sale. There were 2 quilts and she recognised the name on the labels and she didn't want the quilts to end up in landfill if unsold. The maker is well known locally for her beautiful hand quilting, sells her quilts for good money, has won major prizes at quilt shows, has a piece in one of the QG heritage collections and a block in the Queen's 90th birthday quilt.

Apparently a small quilt was priced at ?5 and a double bed quilt, which had been on ebay but was unsold was about ?15-20! Our member bought both and is going to keep the smaller quilt and is going to be reimbursed for the other one so that our group can decide what to do.

So much for the family of a quilt's recipient valuing our craft!

Margaret
03/08/2018 10:14:02
Eileen, yes green dot means I am on line and you can direct message by clicking the envelope icon next to my name. I think it changes colour when I have logged off, which I am about to do!

Margaret
03/08/2018 09:42:40
Rosemary, bottom right hand corner. The block with the Fossil Fern sky. I love Fossil Fern. Your block is also the front page of that swap file.

I had planned on giving it away until I found the space fabric for sashing in my stash. Now it's a keeper and on the hall wall.

Margaret
02/08/2018 15:38:45

Didn't think that I had achieved much this year! Thanks to the hot weather I have been sewing in the cool part of the bungalow.

UFO#4 Zapped. 2012 Friendship Block Swap. I asked for Moon beyond the mountain. I have put the 10th block on the back.

UFO#4 zapped 2012 Friendship Block Swap

I am a fan of Victoria Findlay Wolfe and wanted to make her herringbone quilt but did not want to buy her new book just for one quilt. I found plenty of instructions on the web for the construction process so did my own version using scraps, some of them are very old. Used cotton seersucker on the back and quilted with one of the serpentine stitches on my Pfaff elongated to it's max.

Herringbone Quilt using scraps

Margaret (One more to photograph!)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues