By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Margaret S

Here is a list of all the postings Margaret S has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bargello workshops with Jan Hassard
25/11/2018 09:39:57
Lovely strata Eileen. I am sure that you will be pleased that you changed those pinks. Good luck with the classes.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 25/11/2018 09:40:22

18/11/2018 11:04:32
Looks a great bargello quilt Eileen. Are you saying you had to choose 30 fabrics? If so, wow.

Bargello is not difficult if you keep your seams accurate, and keep your maths/logical head on. Concentration is the key.

Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing your progress photos.

Margaret
Thread: Patchwork Calendar 2019
13/11/2018 14:58:22
My calendar has arrived! Thank you Rosemary and forum friends. Love all the photos and the backgrounds.

Margaret
Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
07/11/2018 17:15:28

Happy Birthday Beryl. Hope that you have had a great day.

Margaret rose

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
07/11/2018 17:13:16

Festive Foliage cushion

My latest completed project - Festive Foliage cushion, designed by Kristina Brinkerhoff in latest Love Patchwork & Quilting. My kind of project - cost nothing other than my time, as all fabrics were from my stash and green scraps bin.

Margaret

Thread: ticking fabric
05/11/2018 09:18:21
As I understand it, ticking is a striped, close or twill weave fabric that comes in different weights. Some of it can be like a board whilst others are much softer. Think light canvas sort of weight. Hope that helps. A google search will show you possibilities.

Margaret
Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
29/10/2018 17:58:19
Beryl
Squishie posted to you today.
Margaret
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
29/10/2018 11:12:39
Hi Rosemary

Made a payment to you at last! Not sure if it went to the correct account!

Margaret
Thread: Patchwork Calendar 2019
27/10/2018 14:57:22
Sent an email with 2 jpgs, Rosemary. May be a bit bigger than I thought. Let me know if it is too big for your inbox.

Please put me down for a calendar. Thanks.

Margaret
Thread: making oven gloves
25/10/2018 20:56:56
Looked at my commercially made oven glove and edges are raw inside. Personally, I would use an overlock or zig zag stitch to neaten the raw edges. I would have thought it is safer to have all layers together and quilted, rather than a loose proper lining to slip around.

Would do the same for Christmas stockings too. No point in making work for yourself for such a short period of use.

I use a tea towel, can't get on with gloves.

Margaret
22/10/2018 10:35:24

Wanted to play with my new Sizzix Curved Braid die by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. Made another throw for the arms and seat of my chair.

Curved Braid Armchair Throw

My usual autumn colours for this time of year! Front and back.

Curved Braid Armchair Throw - back and front

Margaret

22/10/2018 10:14:14

Eileen, for some reason the photos have disappeared from your thread. Seems cheap enough to me. How about £4 each, 4 x £15? You know your market though. Here they want everything for nothing, but my day group meets in an affluent farming area and they will pay much more.

Good luck.

Margaret

Thread: Chat
16/10/2018 10:10:05
Also, big prints don't work well in Bargello.

Margaret
15/10/2018 22:11:03
Hi Eileen

At this time of year I tend to think autumn colours. How about Christmas or ombre colours?

You may have noticed that I like Bargello! Look in my 'Quilts and Wallhangings'album, started in 2009. There are 2 there. Gold metallic is not a good idea. It helps not to iron it!
2017 Quilts and Things album and 2018 Quilts and Things album both have Bargello quilts in them.

It helps to have one strong colour or contrast.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 15/10/2018 22:12:20

10/10/2018 22:15:02
Lovely blocks Rosemary. This month's " Love Patchwork & Quilting' has free templates for two sizes of Pineapple block.

Lovely items, too, Brenda. Jordan Fabrics has a Youtube video on making the wall hanging,something that I would like to try, but I hadn't thought of using a panel with a figure.

Congratulations both of you.

Margaret
Thread: Chat
10/10/2018 21:57:57
Second that Rosemary. I've been worried all day, but don't know if it is in the area where she lives.

Margaret
04/10/2018 11:13:11
Thanks for that Rosemary. I did try and look yesterday, but couldn't find it.

I find hand basting and hemming down bindings very relaxing. Both,to me, are fairly undemanding and I use it as my relaxing/thinking time.

Margaret

P.S. How is it that you can hit a quilt problem, worry about it for the rest of the day and night, get up in the morning and inspiration solves it?
Thread: login issues
04/10/2018 11:05:14
Eileen, Sorry can't help. I have just signed in and it has worked. I usually read without signing in.

I think someone has been tweaking the site recently. I have had it set for years on my phone to open on the Forum page, but now it opens on the Home page. The list of Forum posts seems to be moving further down the page too.

Margaret
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
24/09/2018 16:46:02
Welcome back Rosemary. The sun has come out for your return!

Oh dear. Not mine as it is ready for posting tonight, for collection from the box tomorrow. Hope it arrives safely!

Is your paypal still s....r..?

Margaret
20/09/2018 16:26:41
Those look pretty Rosemary. I have been working on mine today. Nearly finished.

Are you back home now? If so, I'll speed up the finishing.

Margaret
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues