By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Margaret S

Here is a list of all the postings Margaret S has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Can a simple sewing machine do quilting?
13/09/2021 19:13:47

Thanks Eileen. I've always thought the posts were odd and that we were wasting our time answering them as there was never a reply. Now I see why. I did wonder if it was a real person.

Margaret

Thread: Show and Tell 2021
11/08/2021 17:09:06

It's so long since I was on here that I'd forgotten my password!

There have been some lovely projects going on. Love the little advent pockets, Rosemary. At first sight I thought the little blue one was a recycled jean's pocket then I realised the size.

Here is my latest project. It's an applique kit called "Doxie Love" by Madi Hastings. I thought it was a bit expensive but I hadn't read the size - 61" wide. One very big dachshund! It's taken me a couple of months+ to do the big stitch straight line quilting on the background. The dachshund is machine blanket stitch qayg.

Margaret

20210807_153911.jpg

Thread: Sewing quarter
14/05/2021 09:50:55

Can't really help you on that one, Eileen. I did buy some Victoria Findlay Wolf patterns from SQ when they closed down, but I have never bought fabric from them or SS as it is often too expensive, but the flower panels are an excusive and do look pretty. Maybe try one?

What really annoys me is that I don't watch the channel that often and Delphine Brooks kits are always sold out and she doesn't appear to have a website.

Confession time - I see books and things on the channel and then buy them cheaper else where.

Margaret

11/05/2021 14:06:18

Those are lovely, Rosemary. I admire your ingenuity. I wouldn't have the patience to work on something that small - or rather, my arthritic fingers wouldn't let me.

I have made 3 small charity quilts from my fabrics and just finished turning a quilt top from our late vice chairman's ufo pile into another charity quilt. (2 more of her's to go.)

I am watching Sewing Bee and thought the 2nd programme produced 2 of the worst garments that I have ever seen on the programme. I also can't get over that that programme wasted 44 pairs of men's board shorts! Latest episode was quite good though.

On Bargain Hunt today they had a small piece on Jo the quilter.

Margaret

Thread: Chat
09/04/2021 14:01:15

Had 2nd astrazeneca jab this morning. First jab made me ill so hope this one is better. Got a bad left shoulder at the moment so had this jab in right arm. This time I wasn't asked if I was pregnant !!!!

Regarding stash, I have been using up some of mine in charity quilts. Not made much of a dent. Only trouble is that I don't like florals or ditsy prints so much of my stash is geometric. Not very child friendly.

Keep safe.

Margaret

18/02/2021 09:35:09

I have ordered myself a new toy! The Grace Company are introducing the Cutie, a tabletop quilting frame. It's 4'ft wide and when you have finished with it, you can put it away in a cupboard or under a bed. It's a 'considered purchase' but much cheaper than the 1000s you would pay for the conventional long armers. It's on introductory special at the moment and stock is expected to arrive end of Feb beginning of March, so fingers crossed.

I plan to use my Janome 7700 with it, but yesterday the lady I spoke to at JB Sewing said that they had set it up with a normal domestic sewing machine. Obviously the quilting area would be smaller, the space to the right of the needle, but it was interesting to know. I am hoping that my fmq skills might improve!

Margaret

18/02/2021 09:19:51

My 2020 Temperature Quilt is finished. The months run vertically, but I think I prefer the quilt horizontal.

This photo did load on it's side and I had to go back to the original photo and crop the slightest bit off. This works, don't ask me why!

Margaret

2020 Temperature Quilt

14/02/2021 18:05:12

Rosemary, lovely little projects. Now if it was me in a year's time I will have forgotten the safe place where I put them!

Margaret

14/02/2021 17:59:39

Here you go Sylvia.  Well done.

Not mine - Sylvias projects

Not mine - Sylvias projects

Edited By Margaret S on 14/02/2021 18:06:27

Thread: Kantha quilting
24/01/2021 15:34:09

September Technique - Kantha

Brenda, I have had this piece of real Kantha for years. I thought that I may have tried it but I haven't so I can't help you. It must have been on my 'to do list' and then I forgot about it. I've got a cat pattern somewhere that I would like to try.

There is a small needlecase in the project section of this site called 'Wheel of Fortune'.

Margaret

21/01/2021 19:11:25

Love the colours and setting of this one, Eileen.

Started quilting again after a break. Trying to get my 2020  Temperature Quilt top finished as I need the wall!

Photo shows Jan to August. Have completed Sept and Oct and working on Nov so nearly there.

W.I.P.2020 Temperature Quilt

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 21/01/2021 19:12:29

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
21/01/2021 18:58:54

Love your fabric squares, Sylvia. Are there any instructions on the web?

Margaret

Thread: Chat
15/12/2020 11:03:10

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year. Let's hope that 2021 is a better year for all of us.

Margaret

Christmas 2020

Thread: Quilty Calendar for 2021
11/12/2020 16:12:15

Thank you, Rosemary, my lovely calendar has arrived. The printing quality is very good. Who made the liberty octagon?

Thank you for dealing with the idiot who paid into the wrong account, forcing you to remember an old password!!!! Sorry.

Margaret x

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
11/12/2020 16:08:21

Lovely work ladies. Fiona the 9 patch is so cheerful and haven't seen the snowflake design before, but love the modern vibe.

Good to see your gifted quilt looking so good in situ, Eileen.

Margaret

Thread: Christmas 2020
29/11/2020 15:18:01

Christmas Roundrels finished. I laced them across the back. Don't know if they will stay in this space between the doors in the hall.

Margaret

Christmas Roundrels

27/11/2020 11:20:43

Money sent. Hope I've got it right.

Many thanks.

Margaret

25/11/2020 11:06:07

Rosemary, I have copied your roundrel wall hangings. How did you finish the back? Did you cover it with a backing circle of fabric?

I bought some 9" embroidery hoops. They were a little bit small, so I bought some 10" hoops and they were too big. Went with the 9". I have an idea of hanging them as a set of 3, but don't know if this will work yet.

Thanks for the idea.

Margaret

23/11/2020 21:15:35

If it's around £5.35 or cheaper, lol, + p&p then please count me in, Rosemary. Many thanks.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 23/11/2020 21:16:37

19/11/2020 14:03:46

Love the Christmas face mask.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 19/11/2020 14:07:17

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues