By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Margaret S

Here is a list of all the postings Margaret S has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bargello workshops with Jan Hassard
15/02/2019 10:48:36
Stunning, Eileen. Hope that you don't have a furry companion to share it with!

Margaret
Thread: hug hearts
15/02/2019 10:46:23
Glad you are home again Maria, and hope you are now feeling much better.
Did they find the problem? Was it a virus?

Enjoy making a pillow cover with the hearts.

Margaret x
Thread: Show and Tell 2019
15/02/2019 10:41:37
That's lovely Rosemary. Did Sheila design it or was it a pattern?

It's Show and Tell here so I have no problem with any quilter posting what they have been working on.

I have noticed a growing trend of quilters turning to crochet, and I have just made a tabard having not done crochet for 40 years! Will post a picture when I have sewn all the ends in.

I would like to crochet a Virus Shawl next and yesterday I met a quilter who has made a small version of one.

It really isn't difficult to learn basic crochet Eileen, and they now have ergonomic, soft handle hooks!

Margaret
Thread: Chat
12/02/2019 17:26:11
Start of GB Sewing Bee tonight, BBC2 9p.m.

I'll have to record it as it clashes with the start of Shetland.

Margaret
07/02/2019 13:44:50
Is it only me or are others finding that posts by others sometimes take their time to appear on the Forum list?

For example - the latest Event Listing took 24 hrs to appear on my phone, and the I am a winner one took 9 days!

Margaret
Thread: Bargello workshops with Jan Hassard
07/02/2019 13:39:30
It's not easy to unpick and reposition Bargello, been there and done that. Would you have noticed if dh hadn't told you?

Still you are in good company for not noticing. Many years ago PP published a pattern and the designer had made a mistake in one block on her sample.
Sewing Quarter had a quilt with one hst the wrong way round. I think they noticed because after an ad break it had been rehung to try and hide the mistake. Recently they had a Pickle Dish quilt with 2 monumental placement errors in it. It was no longer the Pickle Dish that Jo Avery had designed.
Look forward to seeing your quilt finished.

Margaret
07/02/2019 13:27:16
Eileen, love your Christmas runner. Very smart.

Rosemary, it's bitter sweet finishing things for a late quilter friend, isn't it? You are pleased to finish them for her, but are so sad that she is no longer here.

The cushion and quilt are lovely.

Margaret
01/02/2019 19:15:13
Sorry that you are unwell Maria. You certainly seem to be having a rough time and stress is the worst thing for Crohns. Hope they get you sorted quickly.

DH went for his regular drug infusion and iron top-up this week and was told that his Crohns consultant had recently died from a heart attack! Chaos at the clinic.

Eileen, I was going to suggest using the 'contact us' box, but this is defunct too. I don't know if there still is a web editor to sort it out, but the competitions have definitely disappeared.

Margaret
01/02/2019 13:21:10

Hope all in U K are safe, warm and well. We are in the middle of an amber alert, but it is not too bad. Our 2 Romanian rescues love the snow! Pepper was thrilled when the door was opened this morning.

One happy girl!

Margaret

26/01/2019 10:45:34
Love the water iris wall hanging, Eileen. Is that your favourite colour palette?

The teddy quilt is so sweet, Rosemary. I might 'borrow' that idea!

Ooops - you can leave a UFO too long! I have found one that I last worked on over 10 years ago. It's QAYG in 3 parts using a decorative machine stitch. The first section is quilted, the second section is half quilted and the third section had not been sandwiched. The machine I was using has died and gone to quilt heaven and I no longer have the variegated thread I was using. Recently, I nearly gave away the remaining backing fabric!

It's definitely time to finish it - somehow. I'll see if there is a similar stitch on my current machine and have ordered some thread, which I am hoping will be near the original.

Margaret
Thread: Which bobbin thread do I use?
22/01/2019 10:11:47
Hi Eileen, I was going to suggest Madeira Bobbinfil, but Rosemary's suggestion is probably cheaper.

Margaret
20/01/2019 16:48:38
Lovely, vibrant quilt Fiona. You put me to shame as mine is still pinned to a sheet! One of the rows I received was much shorter than the others.

Lovely group quilt Eileen. It looks like 'Storm at Sea' so Tsunami is an appropriate name. Bet matching all those points in a group quilt was fun! Hope the charity finds a good home for it. You too put me to shame, as I have a Storm at Sea batik top waiting to be made into a quilt.

Margaret
Thread: 2013 Birthday Club
20/01/2019 16:39:34
That's a blast from the past, although I may have an older birthday ufo! Well done Fiona. I think that I can see my block too.

Margaret
Thread: Hug hearts
20/01/2019 16:37:02
Hello Myra. I am not usually a fan of bunting, but I think it would be an ideal choice for your hearts. (You have one of mine in your selection.x)

Margaret
19/01/2019 17:47:46
GBSB due to start 12 February BBC 2, with new host Joe Lycett.

Margaret
16/01/2019 12:21:46

Very pretty, Rosemary. I am sure it will be well loved.

Gave a talk to my group on book covers and needed two more samples. The A4 file is a Carolyn Forster design from ' Quilt Now'. The diary cover is my design - applique with a bit of bling.

Margaret

Book Covers

31/12/2018 20:39:00
Sylvia, what about the red knickers?

Winnie, so pleased that you have an appointment date.

I will be so glad to see the end of 2018.

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope it will be a peaceful and happy year for us all.

Margaret x
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
31/12/2018 17:39:04
Great, Rosemary. Love the robin. My mum had a thing about robins too. Whereas I have loads in the garden all year, she was thrilled if she saw one. Mind you, her cat Andy might have had something to do with that!

Margaret
31/12/2018 10:11:18

The photo of this bag lay on it's side when I uploaded it. I deleted it and went back to the original and cropped it a tiny bit and for some reason it then loaded the right way up. Maybe this will solve our photos laying on their sides?

Margaret

31/12/2018 10:07:24

Probably my last project of the year. The Tied Knot Bag, a design by Lee Brown

A combination of a chenille evening and a bag making Saturday. Nowhere on the pattern did it say the finished size of the bag and it has turned out small, being 12" wide x 11" high. The handles and top decoration are interesting, tubes of fabric tied with a simple knot.

Margaret

The Tied Knot Bag

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues