By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dusie

Here is a list of all the postings Dusie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tessa's Tears!!
23/08/2012 17:26:55

Hi Tessa, sorry I wasn't able to be there on the Saturday, but at least we got a chance for a quick catch up on Friday, So glad you love the quilt, it has been very exciting being involved in it and keeping it secret too!

Dusie.

Thread: FOQ Friday
14/08/2012 13:12:08

And me.

Thread: Chat
05/09/2011 21:09:06
Just wanted to say thank you very much to the lovely ladies that have bought some tickets for my quilt - I am quite overwhelmed with how much I have been able to raise.

Thank you! xxxx
Thread: Book Trail
23/03/2011 22:04:11
I like her books when they are about the groups aswell, but not so much the ones about the history, they are interesting, but not what I want. And I didn't really like the cookery one either.
23/01/2011 20:04:56
Pam (I think!), could I be added to the list for the first book?

Thanks,
Dusie.
Thread: Chat
17/01/2011 14:43:42
Juliet - that is fabulous - I am very impressed. Just wishful thinking on your part that it would be a real quilt shop in your house? 
Thread: Gifts for boys
17/01/2011 14:42:19
Hi Penelope - you could just free-motion quilt the letters - or even draw them on by hand first. That works really well.

Dusie.
Thread: Underground Railroad Sampler
05/01/2011 21:54:36
I am one behind - just December to do - it is all cut out, but lost the bit of paper I planned it all on!
And now January too.

Fiona, I am following your lead and doing quilt as you go - I have never done one like that, but have thoroughly enjoyed quilting a relatively small piece on the machine - I put lots of little detail in.

Dusie.
04/12/2010 20:19:34
That is lovely Juliet. So many pieces - well done.
04/12/2010 18:39:53
Pam, I know what you mean, even with Katy's instrucitons, there are still lots of things to work out. I keep thinking that your geese flew out of the window!

Have cut out quite a few squares of it, but didn't sew them up yet because Star Wars was on the television and I was too loud.

Hope to get it done tomorrow. And Tessa, I have only taken your name in vain a couple of times, hee, hee.
02/12/2010 18:40:07
Marian, that is gorgeous.

No one mad enough to do 4 inch blocks then? Hee, hee, can you imagine this square that size?

Will get onto it at the weekend.

Susan.
26/11/2010 17:07:44
Irene that is lovely  - well done.

Nearly time for the next one. 
Thread: Quiltpro or EQ6
20/11/2010 22:24:50
Thanks both - most useful information. Will go and have a good look.

17/11/2010 21:49:58
Actually, there is no rush as I have just been off to investigate prices.

So, back to my pencil and paper........................................ 
17/11/2010 21:09:05
Has anyone else (apart from Angela!!) got anything to add to this as I am wondering myself..........

Thank you in advance!

Dusie.
17/11/2010 19:31:30
Go Kerstin, go Kerstin - glad you are catching up.
Lovely blocks.

Dusie.
Thread: December Wallhanging
17/11/2010 19:30:21
No Juliet, not at all - I have decided to set up a file on the computer to save pictures of all the future quilts I am going to make. So I don't forget either.

Lovely wall hanging, shall I just pop round and pick it up from you? I could give it a good home.

Dusie. 
12/11/2010 16:05:30
Sorry Cathy, all in the same sandwich, yum. But I'll share it with you, might get a bit squishy in the post......

I agree Irene, I have just finished it too, very good read. If there is anyone who isn't on the list and would like it, just let me know and I'll post it to you.

Dusie.

10/11/2010 08:40:22
Aude yours is lovely too.

They are all lovely.

And three weeks won't take long Tessa, but then it's nearly Christmas!!!! Aaaggh!
And I agree, don't stop over Christmas/New Year - couldn't possibly wait 2 months.

And I just noticed that the offer for joining the website this month is a draw for three fat quarters - I won a set of these about a year ago from here, and the one on the right is included in my wheel.

And Cathy - yuk! Peanut butter or marmite? No thanks. Ham, cheese and pickle.

Dusie.
08/11/2010 20:35:57
And it's very exciting Tessa, as I haven't got the book, so I have no idea what is coming next, and it's not like other BOM's where you know what the finished product will look like.
Thank you!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues