By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alison

Here is a list of all the postings Alison has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
12/11/2017 09:10:03

Maria,

Faultless hot iron cleaner always works for me.

Alison.

Thread: September challenge
07/09/2017 09:15:53

Rosemary,

The sewing roll was from the secret Santa swap that year. I know because I made it.

Alison.

Thread: Show and Tell
02/09/2017 09:25:07

Eileen,

That's a lovely quilt.

Have you found Quilter's Cache? It's a great site to find lots of different quilt blocks, we've used it a lot on here for swaps.

Alison.

30/08/2017 09:34:11

DS and his partner have recently bought their first house. this is the housewarming present that we took to them at the weekend.

d and s.jpg

I don't think they were surprised that we arrived with a quilt!

Alison.

30/08/2017 09:24:00

Sylvia, you quilt is fantastic, I'm sure it brings back lots of memories.

Margaret, your quilts are great, like you not too sure about the brown one, but then I'm always drawn to brighter cleaner colours.

Alison.

18/08/2017 09:11:39

Fiona, your beast is gorgeous.

Well done Jayne and Gang, I'm sure they'll be much appreciated, they're all lovely.

Alison.

04/07/2017 11:00:01

Thanks Ladies,

I don't know about patience but I did need a spread sheet.

Alison.

03/07/2017 08:58:01

My Nephew's 18 today so I can now post a photo of his quilt.matts quilt.jpg

Alison

20/06/2017 09:59:51

Tessa, Kim,

Thanks,

Kim, I'm sure it's just me, it's not been a good year so far.

Alison.

16/06/2017 09:08:08

I too will not be renewing my subscription when it becomes due.

I agree with Winnie the atmosphere on here has changed, I always found it difficult to post but now I find it almost impossible. It doesn't help that when I take the time to do something for someone, they don't take a minute to say thank you straight away, -it's happened more than once- it makes me feel like the invisible woman, so why make the effort to post if no-one's going to notice.

Alison.

Thread: Newbie here
25/04/2017 11:02:21

Rachel, welcome, that's gorgeous, how big is it?

Alison.

25/04/2017 11:01:11

Margaret, I too like optical illusion quilts, yours is lovely.

As Margaret says everyone's been busy lots of gorgeous work on show.

I've not been very productive this year, my nephew's 18th birthday quilt has been by/on my sewing machine since Christmas. Once my mojo reappeared I realised I needed to colour code my pattern and produce a spreadsheet to make sure I didn't waste any fabric, I didn't have much spare to allow for mistakes. It's now made and I'm half way through quilting with hundreds of ends to sew in. Those of you who know me will know that I don't often go in for simple patterns, but making sure I got the fabric placement right on this one has been time consuming.

Alison.

13/04/2017 09:03:11

Wow Lexy, that's gorgeous.

Alison

06/04/2017 09:22:25

Fiona,

I'm pleased to hear that your home, enjoy the peace and get plenty of rest.

Thinking of you,

Hugs,

Alison.

06/04/2017 09:20:51

Carole,

Do I recognise the heart block from the village quilt? I love the colours you've used, so different from the village quilt but just as gorgeous.

Alison.

26/03/2017 09:42:54

Gorgeous quilts Margaret and Carole.

Alison.

26/03/2017 09:40:17

I'm sorry to hear Fiona's back in hospital, I hope she's home soon.

Sending her love and hugs.

Alison.

Thread: Thank you everyone
23/02/2017 11:25:14

That's great news Katy, I'd like to echo everything that's been said already.

Alison.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
20/11/2016 12:03:47

Hi Everyone,

I hope you’ve all received the December email, because I’ve only had one acknowledgement. The same happened in November, which tells me that the ‘novelty has worn off’.

Most of you get the squishies out on time, but this is not the case for everyone. I know everyone has had at least one late squishie so we all know how it feels, but this is not in the spirit of the club.

Because of the above Katy and I have decided not to run the club next year. To be quite honest, and not wanting to sound all ‘woe is me’ it’s become a thankless task.

I’ve noticed Rosemary’s offered to run it next year. Having helped run the club for the last 5 or 6 years, in my opinion it’s a job for more than one person. Katy did everything while I was recovering from my operation a few years ago, I've done all of it since Katy became unwell.

Alison.

Thread: Westalee Rulers
14/11/2016 19:06:16

Hi Carol,

First thanks for the comments.

I have a Janome MC6600p, and I have a high shank foot.

It's important you get the correct foot, I'm not so sure it matters as much for the rulers. Which ones are you interested in?

Alison.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues