By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Kimberly

Here is a list of all the postings Kimberly has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mountains of Fabric
17/04/2008 06:36:00

The thread mouse...great idea!

This is another blog with a great way to organize stash;

http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/?p=124

I have a small chest of drawers in my sewing room (the box room so it's got to be small!) and a small bookcase. WIP's, are in the chest of drawers, and UFO's in the drawer below it. Then I have the larger yardage in the bottom drawer. My cutting mats are on the top of this. Several of my rulers hang on the tie-back hook next to it on the window. To the left of the drawers I have hung a travel thing for shoes, lingerie and toiletries, in it are rulers, scissors, spare blades, and any other bits and bobs I don't want cluttering up the place. Above the chest of drawers I have a bullitan board. Photos of friends/family, Inspirations, cards, and a place to keep my pattern pinned at eye level as I cut. I hate having to keep looking around at the book/magazine to make sure I'm doing it right.

On the book shelf I have my FQ's arranged by colour/type/theme...ie; oriental fabrics/kids novelty prints/batiks. The bottom shelf has yardage that will not fit in the drawer. In the cupboard (the stairs are below the box room) I have my wadding, spare bedding, wool, misc. junk I can't put anywhere else.

I have a shelf that runs around half the room at about eye level for me and on it I have boxes holding magazines, patterns, and books. A small TV to keep me company, and a cd player/radio. I listen to a lot of audio books while I sew. Kill two birds with one stone I say. I'm an avid reader and this allows me to "Do" two hobbies at once.

Oh, I also have a sewing machine in there too!

Cheers, Kimberly

Thread: Help!
17/04/2008 06:07:00

Hi Jenwren,

How long ago did you look at the site? It might still be in your pc "history" list. Click on the little star in the upper left hand corner, then click on history...that's all I can think of doing. Good luck with finding it though. I found an idea on another site for making a small ironing board from a wooden TV tray. That fabric would be perfect for it too.

Cheers, Kimberly

Thread: Wee squares March 08.jpg
17/04/2008 05:57:00
I agree, and I've just solved the problem of what to do with all those tiny cut-offs in the large bag in my sewing room!
Thread: Chatsworth
17/04/2008 05:56:00
It's beautiful!
Thread: It's your community - how would you like to use it?
09/04/2008 07:39:00

Hello Everyone! I agree, this has the making of being a great community of online quilters. I've only really been quilting for about 18 months. In that time I've completed 8 quilts (5 of them single size I spy quilts) 2 wall hangings, and have three more quilts and a wall hanging waiting to be quilted. I'm an American living in England for the past four years...love it here!

HOWEVER... I started a quilt in 1976 taking over the quilt blocks from my great-grandmother when she passed away. She had started a Dresden Plate quilt for my cousin. In my youthful ignorance (I was 22) I thought I could finish it while I stayed at home with my new baby...silly me. The quilt was for my cousin, who was 15. I thought I would finish it for her 16th Birthday...then 18th, then school graduation...then she was getting married! What, getting married because she's pregnant?! Woo hoo, I can make a crib quilt...Five years later...what she's having twins now? Hmmmm....I think I'll send her a pot holder! I didn't even do that and my daughter found the blocks stored at her house when I moved to the UK and has sent them to me...like a darn bad dream...there they are again... my UFO from hades.

Thanks for reading my rambling, I look forward to "meeting" with you often.

Kim

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues