By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Kimberly

Here is a list of all the postings Kimberly has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2015
25/05/2015 08:29:16

I had a major panic attack on Friday. I couldn't find the email with my information for the hotel reservation! I still needed to pay off the rest of the charge and Holy Moly I couldn't remember who the company was either. Getting old is not fun. Found it Saturday in a folder in a folder...???? All paid and accounted for. Thought I was going to have to text Princess Marian for the name of the company.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! I hope we have as much fun this year as we did last year Tessa.

Kim XX

24/05/2015 07:37:42

Hi Gang! Yes, I too am at the Novotel! Glad you got such a good deal too Marian. I so need this long weekend with wonderful Quilty friends. Love you all loads and I cannot wait to see everyone! I hope I don't have to wear my cloak of invisibility to get to crash in your room Tessa!

Katy...I owe you a drink as I recall!

Love, Kimmers

Thread: Winnie's Village Quilt
12/05/2015 08:49:30

Winnie, I hope you are feeling better. Please let us know and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Hugs and Love!

Kim

Thread: Bag Swap 2015
12/05/2015 08:37:55

Hey Katy!

I'll swap. I need a nudge to step out of my comfort zone...bags are either friend or foe for me. So let's see if I can make a friendly one out of a foe.

Kimmers

Thread: Colouricious Tribal Textile Tour April
20/04/2015 07:44:55

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kim

Thread: Gypsy Wife Quilts
14/04/2015 07:54:17

Hey Rosemary, I checked it out too. Wow...but it looks like she ran out of blocks so she just put the left over strips on the bottom. Very stunning however. Might give it a go...someday. Too many UFO's to get out of the way first.

Hugs, Kim

Thread: Chat
14/04/2015 07:43:51

Hi Ladies, I've been out of the loop but have taken time off to move from my old box room sewing room to the second bedroom. Yes, I've kicked the Fat Comptroller out of there, boxed up the trains and they are sitting in the box room, awaiting a conservatory to be constructed. He can sit out there till the cows come home. If he doesn't get it built and use it, they will go to the shed and I'll have one heck of a nice space to use for something. It won't be for sewing. I want to escape him, not be right at his beck and call.

Love him to bits...but.....he's been retired for 6 years and done nothing but moan. Bless him, his health hasn't helped.

Everyone is so busy making fun and beautiful things! I'll try to post a picture or two of what I've been up to. Hope to see ya'll at FoQ!

Hugs from Kimmers

18/01/2015 09:16:02

Margaret/Winnie...that wasn't my block! I've not mailed it yet. DH having some health issues and work making me crazy with wonky hours I've not gotten to the post office!

Will post on Tuesday Morning. Promise, pinky promise and cross my heart hope not to die before it's posted.

Kimmers xxx

12/01/2015 20:30:49

Well, here's my block. I'm afraid after looking at others' blocks my background fabric might be too dark. If it is, feel free to un-sew and re-sew it on the wrong side of the fabric....I almost did it that way to begin with. Hope you like it.

village quilt block

Thread: I Spy Squares
11/01/2015 08:18:58

Shelley, did you get my blocks? It was crazy time here and I hope I got it to you.

Best wishes, Kim

10/01/2015 19:02:04

Hi Winnie, I finally got my block finished. Took me a couple of tries...I ended up putting my seam allowance on .8 to get it the right size. Hope it's ok. Is your address at the end of the tutorial? If not can you pm it to me please?

Cheers, Kim

Thread: UFO Zapping 2014
09/01/2015 18:26:08

I was totally gob-smacked when I got a package from Katy/PP today! Holy Moly! Thank you so much!!! I just slogged through them...having Mr.J in hospital helped a lot...kept me busy and happier than when I just sat and worried. I really had no idea I had finished that many, but going to the states put the fire under me too, I had several gifts to take with me, so they had to be finished.

Again, my heart felt thanks!

Hugs, Kimmers!

Thread: Handkerchief Challenge!
09/01/2015 18:19:00

I'm envious Maria, I had a good stash of my great-grandmother's Hankies after she passed away. I planned on making a table cloth or dresser scarf with them...but then the house flooded and they could have grown toad-stools, so in the bin they went.

I'll have a look see for a hanky or two of my husband's mother's..will see what I can come up with.

Love a challenge!

Kim

20/12/2014 06:03:08

I am hoping to get down to making a few blocks today. After doing a Blitz of the house! I only bought the fabric a month ago!!!! Seems as if everything is getting in the way of what I want to do.

Hugs and I'm hoping to be posting pictures this afternoon/evening.

Kimmers

Thread: Christmas Greetings 2014
20/12/2014 05:54:42

That's a sweetie of a card. Every year I say I'm going to make fabric cards for Christmas and well I'm still saying it...

Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2015 to all!

Kimmers xxxxx

10/12/2014 07:28:47

Maria, I only got the stocking advent thing done 'cause it's going to I hope save me some time in the future. It almost got me in a Christmassy mood..but then it fizzled out. Enjoy the time with your kids. I'd give anything to be with my kids at Christmas time.

Hark the Hairy Angels sing...I must log off and start sewing....

Love, Kimmers

10/12/2014 07:15:36

I'm hauling the laptop up to my sewing room tomorrow and working on your block, Winnie. Can't wait to have a go. That is one beautiful quilt. or it will be when finished. Is there any certain colour you are lacking a bit on? Does that make sense? Like loads more pinks/blues and very few yellows or greens? Please let me know before I start.

Are we going to be able to buy tickets to possibly win this quilt? It's just so beautiful.

Also...who sent the sewing machine card and where did you get it?

Love ya'll

Kim

Thread: I Spy Squares
09/12/2014 07:34:34

Hi Shelly,

PM me your address. I've got lots of I-spy fabric (11 grandkids) so I've loads going spare. I'll gather you up a bunch and sent it this weekend.

Cheers,

Kim

09/12/2014 07:28:55

Oh Sandra, those pincushions are beautiful. What a great Thank You gift for the person who taught you.

Sew something for a person, and they've got something you've sewn, teach them to sew...and they have the skill to continue sewing, creating and teaching others...See, it's happening before our eyes, with each and every one of us!

I've been AWOL, lately. Made the Christmas stocking Advent bunting from Moda (I think) for the grandkids. Asked for pictures, but of course have not gotten any. Starting to get a tad (actually more than a tad) annoyed with the Step-family, when they only come to see us when they want something or we have something for them. Especially when so often they are a mile away at their mother's house. DH has almost died twice in the past two years, has a very dodgy heart and just like a final clearance, when he's gone...he's gone. I'll not be handing out tissues to them,..

Working on a quilt for a friend. Nine blocks to QAYG, I've never done it before...so wish me luck!

Cheers, Kim

Thread: Crazy Pig
09/12/2014 07:18:09

Beautiful Stuff! Good work Shelley.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues