By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Kimberly

Here is a list of all the postings Kimberly has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
29/01/2017 06:11:37

Too late, he's found them all, plus Police interceptors, Pay or we'll take it away, etc. I do enjoy the Westerns on occasion but Lord give me Strength, I'm tired of Murder She Wrote! I didn't like it back in the day, let alone now. The only consolation is I've now noticed how much my best friend in the states looks like Jessica Fletcher, so I pretend it's Jane. LOL! I'll have to find a photo of us from a few years ago and you will see what I mean.

Sister in law goes home tomorrow, so it's my last day to have a ladies maid. I honestly have trouble asking someone else to do something for me. It makes me feel as if I'm lazy. Mr. J has no problem. It honestly angers me. But he is short of breath after he does anything, so I guess he has his reasons.

Well, off to see what's happening on the other threads, Hugs to all.

Kimmers

Thread: Quiltlet Challenge for 2017
29/01/2017 06:01:56

I just came across this, obviously I have been in no shape to join in, but I look forward to seeing all of them! I too would have a hard time deciding what program to choose.

27/01/2017 15:18:39

I love to crochet too Margaret. It can be addicting. I've been doing needle felting lately. Easy to do as I sit in front of the telly and Mr.J watches bowling, westerns or repeats of Midsummer Murder.

Doing better since the fall, the surgery and the getting used to not being able to do things I want to do. Not that I'm happy about it, but at least I'm getting better. Off work for another six weeks and I'm itching to get to the sewing machine.

Maria, I know nothing about any border fabric for a dress, what colour is this invisible fabric?

Cheers, my dears!

Kimmers

27/01/2017 06:34:56

Hi Diane, We've not met yet. I've been out of the loop for a while. However as far as your fabric that is the wrong colour. Try tea dying it. Perhaps doing half a yard at a time, cook up some VERY strong tea, let the fabric stew in it for quite a while and then see if it helps the colour. If you iron it after it dries it should set it pretty well. The other alternative might be to buy a brown sheet. Lots of fabric, not much expense.

I hope this helps.

Love what you are doing. Kimberly aka Kimmers

Thread: Sad news
27/01/2017 06:24:21

Sad news. Condolences and prayers for Geoff and family.

Kim

Thread: Linus and other charity quilts
05/09/2016 15:04:52

Hi Rosemary, I'm in the state's right now. When I get home I have some fabric for Linus quilts I will send to you or whoever wants it. X Kim

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
29/08/2016 11:30:50

Carol that is really cute! I was hoping the winner would be announced by now. Probably too many votes to count...or there was a tie!

Anticipation...Anticipation, is making me wait.

xx Kim

Thread: Show and Tell
21/08/2016 11:18:18

Nice looking Card Carrier! I don't think I have the patients to work on things that fiddley. Wish I did though.

xx Kimmers.

Thread: FOQ 2016
17/08/2016 18:24:55

I love the group photo too! Thank you Rosemary. Now I've seen Simone who made a lovely bag for me in a swap we did last year. We certainly have a beautiful group of quilters on this forum. Beautiful both inside and out!

Kimmers

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
17/08/2016 18:20:43

Well, I'm the Colour Chameleon!

Certainly some great little quilts and I'm glad I don't have to pick a favourite to win.

Good Luck and Congratulations to us all for such great work.

Kimmers

Thread: Maggi Birchenough
31/03/2016 07:41:51

There are no words to express my shock and sadness. Remember our first big gathering at FoQ when we all met in Person? She was there. She helped us get discounted tickets too. Always smiling. We met up at the Uttoxeter show and were standing together chatting when someone came up and asked if we were sisters. We were stitching sisters and she will be missed..

10/03/2016 07:48:04

Sandy and Cathy, feel better soon.

Fiona... take it easy!

Angela, kiss that little man for me.

Hugs to all. Kimmers

Edited By Katy on 10/03/2016 09:15:39

Thread: Alphabet Month Blocks
15/02/2016 08:12:58

I agree with Jayne and Tessa. Yummy!

11/02/2016 08:28:51

Oh Angela, God Bless you and your family. What an awful lot of "stuff" to have to deal with. Big hugs to you all.

Kimmers xx

Thread: Marian's Hounds tooth Cushions
16/01/2016 07:21:55

I really like it too Marian! Rather snazzy, I must say. Some friends recently bought their first house, this would make a nice gift for them.

Cheers, Kimmers xx

14/01/2016 08:53:49

Hi Gang,

I got my issue yesterday and I'm just blown away by how interesting ALL the articles are. Especially seeing our very own Irene!

Getting down and dirty with UFO's and making those darn name buntings. Why oh why did I start those bad boys? Three to make, so I need to spend less time reading and more time sewing. I also need to stay off Pinterest!

Hugs to all. I'll check in weekly probably till I've caught up. Love ya all so keep quilting!

Kimmers

06/01/2016 09:35:37

Oh Katy, I too have gone through the mill with someone pushing glasses on me I didn't want. That is why I got my pink Diva glasses that I wanted to begin with. They were over £200 when I first saw them four years ago. WTHECK? For plastic frames??? So this last time I happened to look on ebay and found the exact frames. I kept an eye on them and when the price went down to I think £27 I bought them. Boots had to have my receipt from ebay to prove they weren't shoplifted. But I have my D&G glasses...with my £200 lenses...It;s a racket.

Glad you stuck to your guns! The Force was with you.

Kimmers

Thread: Bag Swap 2015
02/09/2015 19:14:07

Monique! It came yesterday. I love it! Love the extra little presents and the fabric you sent is divine. Thank you so very much. moniques bag

Thread: Quilted swap at FoQ 2015
19/08/2015 06:42:25

I'm a bit slow checking out the photos. "We done real good", as they say back home.

What a wonderful, creative, giving group of folks we have here.

xx Kim

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2015
12/08/2015 07:43:59

To my friends in the Coming Thru Crew...I complained to Frankie and Benny's for the abismal service and attitude of the seating staff member. Hope it is taken on board.

Love the pics Sylvia!

Yes, Chris, I'm saving again too.

Kimmers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues