By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Cathy Porteus 2

Here is a list of all the postings Cathy Porteus 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Lend with care
30/05/2014 12:39:31

I've sent a contribution to the group paypal account and a join request to the group on Lend with Care.

I noticed Muhammad Fayaz was looking for a loan for his embroidery business,perhaps he would be a good candidate for the next loan? He's listed under Entrepreneurs.

Thread: PPBC 2014
08/05/2014 13:47:42

Thanks to Chris IOM, I received your beautiful bright fabric and card today. I love the colours, they're the same colours I have in my lounge so I might use this one to make a cushion cover, alongside some matching plain fabrics. Maybe a really chunky log cabin would be nice.

Not to worry about yours being late Lesley, belated presents make a birthday last longer.

07/05/2014 17:28:13

Thanks very much for all my lovely fabric and cards.

20140507_073237.jpg

Thanks also for 2 squishies that I received when I got home this afternoon from Sandy and Hannah, they didn't make it to the photo but are also lovely.

I was thinking of making dresden plates with the pretty florals, then framing each one in a different plain colour. I've got a narrowboat called Janie Rose, so I'd like to make an extra quilt for our bed as it gets cold at night and extra layers are always handy.

05/05/2014 16:22:23

I've received yours thanks Chris H.

Hannah - the polka dot one is from me, I treated myself to some nice envelopes!

02/05/2014 14:12:16

Thanks Rosemary, I received my envelope from you today.

I've been using the lovely notebook cover that you gave me last year at FOQ, as I started a new job last week. It's got loads of compliments, so thanks again for this too.

Edited By Cathy Porteus 2 on 02/05/2014 14:12:42

01/05/2014 15:46:34

Another little collection for me today from Pam J, B. Hedley and Irene. Thank you all very much.

There have been some intriguing little parcels arriving for my husband that look like they might also be crafty presents for me. Looking forward to my birthday now, only 6 days to go.

30/04/2014 19:27:24

Squishie received from Mrs D Thompson.

26/04/2014 12:25:01

Happy Birthday Sandy, hope you have had a great day.

I've posted the May birthdays and also received some myself from Marian, Carol, Teresa plus another one with a WA postcode. Thanks very much.

23/04/2014 18:32:03

Thanks to Margaret and Fiona, squishies successfully received.

22/04/2014 17:12:52

I received envelopes today from Terry Pearce, New Zealand (Cathy I think) and Eileen. Thanks to you all.

Thread: Easter Swap for young quilters
19/04/2014 18:47:10

Thanks very much for Isaac's great bunny rabbit. He's delighted with it and has been playing games with it.

My Scarlet didn't manage to get her Easter make done before we went on holiday. Apologies, I underestimated how busy her schedule was for the week before we went. I'll hopefully be able to get it posted by mid next week. We've just got bak from a fortnight away on a lovely cruise.

Thanks for the email from Jonny, glad his Easter make got to Switzerland in time. Isaac really enjoyed the sewing, he's getting very good at using the machine although tends to give up with hand sewing and leave it to Mummy to finish. He's also been very handy at threading beads onto wool for a beaded crochet project I'm working on, see I knew the kids would come in handy one day!

19/04/2014 18:42:17

I've returned from a fabulous cruise to a big pile of post, including lots of PPBC envelopes.

Thanks to Monique, Maria, Claire, Glenda, T. Wallace, Mal and Alison. I've also got an anonymous one in a white plastic envelope, it feels like fabric and a card so I'll keep it with the others too. Very exciting having nice post like this.

Lovely fabrics Monique in your birthday collection, the colours look great together.

Thread: UFO Zapping 2014
02/04/2014 20:12:51

Well done Kim. Thanks for the compliment Katy.

I'm disappointed but not surprised to not win the prize. I almost didn't post my quilt when I saw that someone else had finished several items, as I've seen in the past it means they are guaranteed to win for that month. It does seem a bit unfair to those of us who are more novice sewers and aren't able to polish off lots in one go. Perhaps a random pick of everyone who had participated would be a fairer way to choose? I'm not sure I will post again, I'm not finding it as motivational as I had hoped.

22/03/2014 18:18:10

I've posted all the April birthdays today.

Thread: UFO Zapping 2014
17/03/2014 09:46:31

I've finished my first UFO of the year, my sew a row scrappy quilt. This was my first patchwork project, inspired by Popular Patchwork.

20140317_093821.jpg

Thread: Worldwide Quilting Day
16/03/2014 16:37:33

I did a couple of hours on the binding for a long term UFO. It's actually the first patchwork quilt that I started making from the Popular Patchwork Row a Month Scrappy Quilt pattern. I did the rows but then lacked the motivation to actually finish it. I will post a picture in the UFO thread once it's all done.

Thread: quilting together blocks
16/03/2014 16:34:02

Both lovely pink quilts. You might have inspired me to do a similar jelly roll quilt Rosemary, it looks fairly straightforward, Scarlet might be able to do some of the stitching. I'm hoping definitely going to finish the last bit of binding on a UFO tonight, so need a new project.

24/02/2014 17:01:04

I've posted the 2 March birthdays today. Love the rainbow of spots Margaret, have you decided what you are going to make?

01/02/2014 11:21:12

I've posted the remaining February birthday squishies today, hope they get there soon.

Thread: A new swap for young quilters
21/01/2014 10:25:10

Can you add Isaac and Scarlet to the list please. We're going away for Easter so will get them done before.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues