By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Cathy Porteus 2

Here is a list of all the postings Cathy Porteus 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
25/09/2015 17:20:28

My October cards will be posted tomorrow. Thanks for the comments on my quilt top. I think I might make it into a double sided quilt and use a rainbow jelly roll for the other side.

24/09/2015 20:40:35

image.jpgHope people don't mind me posting thus here. I've just finished a quilt top using many of my birthday fabrics from this and previous years. I've loved going through them all to choose the colours. Now just the actual quilt making to do...

Thread: Astronomical Friendship Swap 2015
21/09/2015 21:45:59

Your colourful blocks look lovely Rosemary, the quilt should be great. Hope you like the block Fiona, I struggled with this one and think my fabric placement could be improved but it was a useful learning experience for me.

14/09/2015 10:29:46

Here's a picture of my block for Carol:

carols green star.jpg

11/09/2015 15:51:00

I've finally caught up and posted my July and August stars. The June star still needs a bit of tweaking, it's on my list for Monday. I did them in reverse order for some reason.

I'm pleased to have my machine back in full working order. It turned out that my naughty cat had done a bit of chewing on the wires, I hadn't noticed any visible damage but the engineer saw it. He has chewed through the printer lead and the Christmas lights before, I'll have to make sure to put the sewing machine leads away whenever I'm not there to watch him!

27/08/2015 17:29:51

Sorry Fiona, thought I had posted. Here's the lovely star that I received (hope this is the right one), I particularly liked the pretty pink sweetie fabric.

sweetie star.jpg

I am a bit lost without my machine, although have managed to finish 2 crochet projects and made good progress on a cross stitch picture in the meantime.

24/08/2015 12:09:56

Thanks very much for the star that I received from Carol. Sorry for not reporting in sooner, we've been away on and off. My sewing machine has had to go to be mended, the speed went all wrong and hopefully I should get it back next week, when the kids will also be back at school and I can get some crafting done!

Rosemary, please can I skip next month, then I can catch up on the blocks that I already owe. Thanks.

29/07/2015 15:55:02

Lovely blocks everyone. I have to apologise to my swap partners for June and July. I had a problem with my machine (well it might really have been me, I know about crafts people blaming tools) when I was making the June block and haven't yet got round to re-doing it. Sorry about that. I will try my best to get them both done by the end of next week.

Thread: Half Square Triangle Swap
08/07/2015 17:29:21

I've kept one of each of mine, as I said I would.

05/07/2015 12:24:18

I'm in for the next swap. If you like, then I could be the contact person for the September swap?

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
30/06/2015 16:55:28

I will be posting the July birthdays tomorrow.

16/06/2015 19:28:44

Those are lovely blocks (and of course a lovely dog). I have cut out the pieces for my block so hopefully it should be in the post by the end of the week.

09/06/2015 21:50:01

Thanks very much for my lovely block Mandy, such pretty fabrics. I have printed the instructions for the June block and hope to get to the actual creation later this week! Thanks

Thread: Half Square Triangle Swap
04/06/2015 17:11:02

Not sure of the value of sending them in order to receive them back though? I'd prefer to just be sent fewer back and keep some of my own, if that's OK.

04/06/2015 16:15:46

Can I suggest that we are allowed to keep a couple of our own squares? It seems a shame not to, as there are plenty of each in the swap. I did keep a couple of each of mine this time, perhaps I should have asked but only had scraps of each fabric so could only do one sheet of each. It means we've got more of a variety.

Thanks for the sweetie squares that I received today, they're lovely and colourful.

Thread: Beauty & the Beast Fabric Swap
26/05/2015 13:44:20

Sorry Kay, obviously got the wrong end of the stick. I'll await further instructions!

Hope your DS (and you) get more sleep tonight, it's tough when you've had broken nights.

26/05/2015 09:26:02

That's right Monique, I think we will also need to include a stamped addressed envelope for Kay to send a different beauty and beast back to us.

Kay, is it OK if my quarter square triangles go in the same envelope as my beauty and the beast? I'm going to hopefully get my triangles done today and will post them to you tomorrow.

Then I'm going to reorganise my fabrics, the plan is to have all the scraps in the colour coded drawers:

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/really-useful-11-drawer-rainbow-storage-tower/572895-1000

Well as long as my son lets me, he's also got plans too I think he wants to finish a Roman fort!

19/05/2015 18:39:47

Thanks for the pretty block Lexy, lovely colours and I particularly like the middle, which reminds me of a hankie!

Thread: Beauty & the Beast Fabric Swap
17/05/2015 19:42:12

Hi Kay,

This sounds like fun, I'd like to join please. (and somehow the whole thread has gone wonky but hopefully Katy will fix it)

17/05/2015 09:32:10

The teal ribbon fabric is to support Ovarian Cancer Research.

I was worried that the fabrics ended up looking a bit busy together but hopefully the block will look OK when surrounded by others with calmer fabrics! I didn't have any plain white on white fabric when I was making the block so thought the ribbon one matched the other teal one quite nicely.

NB I think the gold and teal fabric is one that Katy gave me for my birthday FQ a couple of years ago, thanks Katy!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues