By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ann L

Here is a list of all the postings Ann L has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The strips
18/09/2008 21:18:00
Thanks Kim, The picture of the strips looks great! Can't wait to put something together with them. A
Thread: Ideas for an Autumn Swap
20/07/2008 23:34:00

Autumn colors sound great.  Reds, greens, yellows, browns?

Ann

20/07/2008 16:06:00

Hi Kimberly,

Have you decided on colors yet?  And which way do we cut the strips?

Ann

18/07/2008 19:55:00

Hi Katy,

Notified Kimberly hopefully she got my info.  I found lots of great fall prints at the fabric store today.  Still looking up block patterns.

Ann

18/07/2008 19:34:00

Hi Katy,

How about the tesselating leaves for fall with fall colors or is that too mundane?

Ann

12/07/2008 02:40:00

hi katy,

Would love to do a swap but never did one.  How do we get started?

Ann

Thread: natures magic.jpg
12/07/2008 02:29:00

Beautiful quilt!  really put together nicely.

Ann

Thread: lighthouse.jpg
12/07/2008 02:27:00

Thanks Margaret,

I tried to look up The Cotton Patch but couldn't find the right site.  Will try again.  Glad I'm not the only one crazy for lighthouse quilts!

Ann

06/07/2008 17:59:00

Hi Margaret,

I'm interested in the lighthouse quilt and wondering where I can get it.  I like doing lighthouses.  I have made my own pattern of the Portland Head light in Maine.  I can't wait to see the whole thing when it's done. 

Thanks Ann

Thread: It's your community - how would you like to use it?
10/06/2008 18:20:00

Hi,

I've used the steam and stretch on my carpet and it works great.  I also steam my miniatures and then press and leave them under heavy books for a couple of days.  It works great.

Ann

Thread: Questions about different techniques
24/05/2008 15:22:00

Thanks sally and Pris for your comments,

I took them to heart and did another wall hanging and it came out great.  I made sure my backing was not too tight.  I started quilting from center to outer edges.  I even did circles and it came out great. Thankyou very much

Ann

28/04/2008 21:35:00

Thanks Davina and Sally,

The front of the quilt looks wonderful.  Your right so what about the back! But I would like to improve my wall hanging quilts.  I wanted to make a continuous line of diagnals on the quilt to go with the tesselation pattern.  I put the safety pins about 2-3 inches apart.  Should I have the pins going all in one direction? Would that help?  I should have started from the middle out but I was determined  to take a short cut.  Now I know.  Quilts teach you patience.  I have another top to do tonight.  This one is smaller.  I call it Chocolate because I used some new line of fabrics that remind me of chocolate.  I made circles in the middle of squares using a curved edge.  Each block came out great but I really want to make sure the quilting comes out well.  Thanks again.

Ann

28/04/2008 01:29:00

Katy,

I have been struggling with machine quilting smaller quilts and wall hangings.  I just put the back on one today and used my walking foot.  I did simple straight diagnol stitches on a 23x 43 size quilt.  Well, I used quilters safety pins to baste.  I pulled the back as tight as I could get it and basted it to my carpet then basted top layers.  After I quilted I checked the back and there were puckers and wrinkles made by the stitching.  I was so mortified because I spent so much time basting it!  Should I do needle and thread basting?  I just can't figure out how to get that smooth look on the back.  What other things can I try? Please help.

ann

Thread: Help!
23/04/2008 22:33:00

Thankyou very much Mary and Katy,

I've been researching books from the library and bookstores and so far have found a few that I like.  Twenty little patchwork quilts sounds good.  Shall look that one up too. And Mary would be very interested in any other titles you have and I promise you I don't get bored looking at quilt books!  I have quite a collection and love it.

Thanks again,

ann

23/04/2008 00:57:00

Hi Everyone,

Need some help with finding a good book of miniature quilts.  Pictures really help.  Any suggestions?  For some reason I'm getting very interested in making them.

ann

Thread: It's your community - how would you like to use it?
05/04/2008 15:35:00

Hi,

New to this site.  It is quite inspiring.  I enjoy viewing all the sewing pictures.  I live in Maine and I am currently working on a small tesselation wall hanging and have a purse to do after that.

It's great to be inspired by others and see what they are doing. Love the sight.

ann

Thread: Triangular Box by Janet Thornhill
05/04/2008 15:29:00

Love this box.  It looks like she did alot of detail work.

ann

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues