By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gabriel Whitehouse 1

Here is a list of all the postings Gabriel Whitehouse 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hello + newbie question! :)
31/05/2018 12:45:34

Hello everyone I've been making various things with many fabrics for a long time but decided I wanted to join a group to help me advance my skills - so here I am!

My question - I've started selling things I make online and it's starting to take off (most of it is on local buy/sell sites). I was wondering if the profits I make from doing this counts as taxable income? I was figuring out my finances a while ago and while I don't sell to make profits as anything extra goes straight into nicer fabrics, new equipment etc. I was looking at this salary calculator and noticed with all the money I make from selling bits and bobs I go over the personal allowance into taxable income amounts (as I am only just under the personal allowance amount anyway). Should I be worrying?

The site I used: https://www.income-tax.co.uk/

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues