By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eileen Foster

Here is a list of all the postings Eileen Foster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Can a simple sewing machine do quilting?
13/09/2021 18:36:27

I was going to answer this but realised its an ad from the USA

Edited By Eileen Foster on 13/09/2021 18:36:48

Thread: Chat
09/09/2021 08:05:43

wow a lot going on for you too then Fiona.

I too am contemplating attending a craft fair and using my stash stuff. I have lots of Xmas fabric from a spending spree 3 yrs ago. Eileen x

31/08/2021 07:23:40

wedding update. Both girls have booked their venues.

Victoria and Dan have set the date April 27th 2023. So at least 18 months to get all sorts done, not least loose a couple of stone if I can. This is taking place near to home [15 mins]

Elizabeth rang last night to say October 31st 2022 yes 2022, so only 14 months for the diet. I don't think her style of wedding will need input from me but we shall see. I know she doesn't want a ring cushion. But they both know I am more than happy to step up and help. Their venue is about 1 3/4 hrs from her home and ours and the various families.

exciting times ahead. xx

Thread: Show and Tell 2021
11/08/2021 20:53:46

Lovely little pouches Rosemary.

61" is a good size. Bet you were delighted when you found out that it was in fact better value for money. It is lovely Margaret.

11/07/2021 07:53:53

They are lovely Reenie, proper nursery pictures. Where did you get the panel from?

10/07/2021 19:44:12

I like those Rosemary. You make them so accomplished. Love the colours and finishing on them. Eileen x

07/07/2021 21:16:03

Victoria would like bunting for the top table to match the colour of the bridesmaids dresses and her dress yippee.

I have remembered I have some of my wedding dress material & lace in my stash and Dan's mum is happy to cut up her dress so I will use them to make the ring cushion. Then both Dan and Toria have something old from us both.

They are going to give wildflower seeds as wedding favours but I will be making the bags to hold them.

Eileen x

07/07/2021 12:21:11

I plan to do a x-stitch cushion for the rings and I have been given a suggestion of themed bunting [just need themes!] so that could become a wall hanging later.

I like the idea of a table cloth with signatures. I do hand embroidery and have a machine that would do that too.

I will need to put my thinking cap on - cards etc.

Eileen x

07/07/2021 07:14:46

Still not been that busy sewing and until I declutter my sewing room nothing will happen. Victoria, our youngest girl got engaged back in September last year and her fiance is staying with us as he has a 4 month contract on a nature reserve near us. So before he came a lot of tidying and rearranging of cupboards had to take place. Then his mum came up for a few days. So all the 'stuff' that was dumped in the spare room got dumped in my sewing room.

The joy of her visit was 2 fold. firstly for Dan seeing his mum and secondly we went looking at wedding venues. I think they have decided on which one, now they need to pick a date. Spring 23 is the closest we have so far.

Then our eldest, Elizabeth got engaged too. Their plans are for Autumn 23.

So ladies what would you suggest I sew as possible wedding mementos? they both have 2 quilts each.

Oh but i still have to declutter my room drat! Eileen x

04/07/2021 19:34:17

Thank you Rosemary, I was pleased it was included. I do like planning/designing as well as making.

29/06/2021 12:08:19

I made this lap quilt using 2 1/2" strips. At the quilting group just before the first lockdown a member had bought a stripology ruler and many of the ladies took fabric along to cut lots of strips as the 'hostess' of the show recommended. They then said what do we do next then.

This is one of the patterns I came up with. Earlier in the year I did an orange/yellow one too.

finished quilt.jpg

Personally I'd prefer to leave fabric as one piece so I can then cut what ever size I want. Though I do have several bits of binding left over that are 2 1/2" wide.

Eileen x

Edited By Eileen Foster on 29/06/2021 12:15:09

26/06/2021 18:16:55

Oh yes i do hope you manage to get there safely.

26/06/2021 18:15:46

that is so well constructed you are a very talented lady.

i am intrigued by this Rosemary. Eileen x

25/06/2021 16:20:34

They are really brilliant Rosemary. Such a talent.

glad you are keeping safe and well Sylvia. Eileen x

25/06/2021 12:38:02

They are both wonderful Rosemary. 3D printing is amazing.

I assume you will be making mini quilts for the bedrooms then. Look forward to seeing the progress you make Rosemary.

10/06/2021 09:59:14

Lovely to hear your move went well. I love your new sewing room. I am sure you will soon settle down into your new sewing rhythm and the last 8 weeks will be as if they never happened.

Eileen x

05/06/2021 19:05:31

They are lovely Rosemary. Such pretty little things. Eileen x

Thread: Sewing quarter
14/05/2021 10:35:25

Thanks for that Margaret. I found out that if you go the website you can see what is coming up at least a week at a time.

I often find the books in places like the range and the works much cheaper, so I agree about that. Though the books are usually less than the rrp.

14/05/2021 08:52:43

Or is it now called Sewing Street? either way what do you think?

13/05/2021 19:49:56

Have any of you bought from Sewing quarter, the tv channel?

Are the panels eg the block of the month good quality/value for money?

Hubby was watching and was interested and wondered if I was going to open an account.

I like to feel fabric first. So do any of you shop with them and what has your experience been like?

thanks Eileen x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues