By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eileen Foster

Here is a list of all the postings Eileen Foster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A blue and white star quilt
19/10/2019 21:04:41

well all 49 blocks are done.

photo shows the way they are going to go together 7 rows of 7.2 rows.jpg

There will be a 6" border but I have done corner stones of smaller stars.

corner stone.jpg

I am ready to add the borders to two 2x7 set of rows and a 3x7 set. Then I will sandwich them, quilt them and then join them [qayg].

I will do echo quilting as that is my favourite and suitable for my machine.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
12/10/2019 21:54:40

I can get on with the blue and white stars as the backing fabric hasn't been delivered yet. So I had a look through my various scraps etc.

I made this dog based quilt . it measures 36" square.

It looks 'lumpy' but it is sitting on cushions.p1090786.jpg

This is a close up of a section so you can see the details in the fabric.

p1090787.jpg

The 8 patch block has the dogs the right way up and upside down too. So the quilt can be any way up.

Eileen x

11/10/2019 17:33:51

this is beautiful Rosemary. One very lucky baby.

Eileen

x

09/10/2019 21:16:09

That's lovely Margaret. So jolly.

Eileen

x

06/10/2019 19:13:15

it is similar to the Ohio star but this only has 2 colours whereas the Ohio one usually has 3. so many names though.

eileen x

04/10/2019 18:17:36

I have made all the blocks. they came together really quickly. 25 white with the 'blue star' and 24 blue with the white star.

I am now waiting for the shop to get the backing fabric in that my friend has ordered and paid for.

Eileen

x

Thread: Chat
04/10/2019 18:14:03

I've just watched it and I was disappointed by it. The advice we saw was too wishy washy. I also found it interesting that the quilter had his friends construct a quilt. He wasn't 'in it for the money' but I thought that was the point of the programme. When they said the bargello's we priced at £2000 I was gobsmacked. I wonder what Kaffe's quilts sell for or if he does?

I am not sure I will watch it but I will leave the series on record just in case.

.Eileen x

04/10/2019 16:52:45

I was out at a gardening talk but I did record it. Not seen it yet that's tonight's viewing after tea. I was told it was a bit like bake off with people being eliminated so we shall see.

Thread: Value of machine
02/10/2019 12:19:44

Afternoon all.

a friend has recently died and her widower is after selling her machine.

it is a Bernina activa 230 Patchwork edition. It is only about 5 years old and doesn't look as if it has been used much. It has been serviced and not used since as the service note re-oil is under the foot. it is in excellent condition with its soft carry case and box of 5 feet.

what is it worth/ what can he expect to get for it?

Thanks in advance

Eileen

x

27/09/2019 20:50:15

That is so pretty Fiona. A lucky daughter indeed.

Eileen

x

27/09/2019 20:47:09

A friend has asked me to make her a quilt. She wanted a blue and white theme using a star motif.

So I have planned it and started making the 2 star motifs.

she asked for it to be about 8ft x 8 ft so it will over hang her bed. I will have to make it in 3 sections. There are 49 12" blocks with a 6 " border in blue.

blue back ground

white back ground

I will up date this as I progress.

Eileen

x

19/09/2019 18:23:00

lovely Margaret. some one is going to be very happy with this one.

Eileen x

10/09/2019 15:52:00

that is so pretty. my daughter had nemo curtains, cushions and rug. happy memories

Thread: Chat
09/09/2019 08:44:13

There certainly was a fabric shop in Bath 4 yrs ago when I visited. I have just googled fabric shops in Bath and a few have popped up. One that I remember doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Enjoy both cities are amazing.

Eileen

x

31/08/2019 11:34:21

I ladder stitch pieces together as I find when I try to machine them they get a ridge. use mine for mug mats and stuffing too. daughter has used very small bits to clean nail varnish when she ran out of cotton wool.

25/08/2019 14:41:22

that is beautiful Margaret.

I so want to sew today but I havent got any mojo, tis too hot !

Eileen

x

Thread: Noodle box reversible bag
16/08/2019 15:05:53

I got my September issue 2 weeks ago and I was really surprised.so nice things in it as usual.

eileen

x

Thread: Canadian Geese King Size Quilt Finished
14/08/2019 21:10:30

wow what an amazing quilt. the colours are so beautiful and that blue really adds an excellent focus to the middle section.

Eileen x

Thread: Do you match thread colour to fabric when machine piecing?
14/08/2019 12:48:07

I tend to use beige or gray depending on whether it is a light or dark fabric. I have several cones of these colours and use them even when dressmaking unless the fabric is sheer then I will colour match. I don't see the point in using a colour match, though I do use a colour match for hand stitching the binding in place.

Eileen x

12/08/2019 17:55:09

That is beautiful Margaret. love the backing fabric, so much to see and play with.

my eldest [Elizabeth] asked me to make a baby quilt as a christening present. I decided to make it double sided with the back being an I spy quilt. I used some of my birthday blocks too.

I gave Elizabeth it yesterday and she loves it but I forgot to take a final photo. it is 42"x36"

this is the back and this most of the front [middle section]i spy quiltbaby aurora.I will have to ask my daughter to take a photo of it.

Eileen x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
Crafting Live
Search Press
C&T publishing
bredons
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues