By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eileen Foster

Here is a list of all the postings Eileen Foster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
10/06/2021 09:59:14

Lovely to hear your move went well. I love your new sewing room. I am sure you will soon settle down into your new sewing rhythm and the last 8 weeks will be as if they never happened.

Eileen x

Thread: Show and Tell 2021
05/06/2021 19:05:31

They are lovely Rosemary. Such pretty little things. Eileen x

Thread: Sewing quarter
14/05/2021 10:35:25

Thanks for that Margaret. I found out that if you go the website you can see what is coming up at least a week at a time.

I often find the books in places like the range and the works much cheaper, so I agree about that. Though the books are usually less than the rrp.

14/05/2021 08:52:43

Or is it now called Sewing Street? either way what do you think?

13/05/2021 19:49:56

Have any of you bought from Sewing quarter, the tv channel?

Are the panels eg the block of the month good quality/value for money?

Hubby was watching and was interested and wondered if I was going to open an account.

I like to feel fabric first. So do any of you shop with them and what has your experience been like?

thanks Eileen x

13/05/2021 19:44:49

I enjoyed Sewing bee last night. Katherine who went out last week is an acquaintance of mine. She said it was an experience she thoroughly enjoyed.

It annoys me that the lad who never follows the instructions never seems to get penalised for it.

I also watch the jewellery one too.

09/05/2021 12:32:36

Wow Rosemary they are beautiful. I love the idea of the little purses and i will have a play and a think about how i can adapt the idea too.

you are a very talented lady.

I've not done much sewing lately as the fine weather has demanded gardening and motorbike riding with hubby.

I have been watching sewing bee have you?

16/04/2021 07:54:53

Well you have had a year of it and meeting up with friends is something I'm looking forward to. Dorothy has done well to get to the big 100. I bet you will have a lovely time.

Congrats to DD on completing her degree, our 's came home March 24th last yr and had to complete her dissertation from home. Not ideal and she also has only a printed at home copy of her certificate. They are hoping that there grad ceremony will go ahead this year.

Thread: When do you get yours?
13/04/2021 18:12:37

It has finally arrived yippee, something new to read. Eileen x

10/04/2021 07:13:43

that is just an adorable quilt. so cheerful.

wow that is a big decision re downsizing but if you are well and able to then why not? Much better to do it on your terms than have the decision made for you.

as you say as long as you are sewing does it really matter what you make.

Eileen x

09/04/2021 17:37:53

Ooh lets hope mine comes tomorrow then.

Thanks for letting me know. Eileen x

09/04/2021 09:29:59

I am not that young, though it is all relative isn't it? I get a perverse joy thinking my 2 girls would have to sort my sewing room. Problem will be sorting the classic motorbikes of my husband [14 in total plus 2 classic cars]

My eldest girl would happily take most of my stash so it will have a home, hopefully not for many years.

My youngest would take all the embroidery/wools etc as that is her preferred crafting medium.

Hope you are all well and coping during this slow release from lockdown. I am still waiting for my second jab [late May].

Eileen x

06/04/2021 13:12:42

Still no sign of my April edition sad

29/03/2021 16:19:17

I rang them today and they said it had left the depot at the back end of last week so should be with me soon.

Eileen x

29/03/2021 16:17:47

That is beautiful Sylvia.

it took me ages to work out what you meant about the mirror image so it clearly isnt that much of an issue. I'm still not 100% certain which bit is wrong[ if any is!]

Eileen x

21/03/2021 10:50:49

I didn't get a march issue so I bought one at least 2 weeks ago. I assumed the subscription would kick in for April.

Thanks for getting back to me Rosemary.

Eileen x

19/03/2021 21:41:55

I have renewed my subscription but I haven't yet got my April issue. When do most of you get yours in the post. The DD was taken out late February.

Eileen x

14/03/2021 21:47:50

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I have even been watching Sewing Street properly and whilst I have gained some ideas for borders etc I'm not inspired to start anything.

I often look and feel my fabrics but then end up putting them back as they are too special to use just yet!

I keep re-reading my project books but when I find something I fancy making I don't have the right fabrics.

Perhaps I will get some inspiration from the flowers growing in the garden.

13/03/2021 15:59:09

How are we all doing? I seem to have lost my mojo to actually make something, though I am desperate to sew something.

what do you do if you hit the 'wall'?

I am halfway through a knitting project but that is for sitting whilst watching TV.

Eileen x

01/03/2021 18:39:17

how about a piece of gingham there are a range of sizes. I have some that was school uniform stuff that may in fact be poly-cotton. In my scraps I may have red, lilac and possibly pink.. I do have some poly-cotton in a range of colours but that has impressed daisies on it and they are about the size of a 1p coin.

if they are any good let me know and I will see what I can dig out for you.

Eileen x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues