By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eileen Foster

Here is a list of all the postings Eileen Foster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Christmas 2020
29/11/2020 16:42:11

they are beautiful Margaret.

I really should make the effort to do something similar.

Eileen x

20/11/2020 11:30:13

that is so pretty Margaret. I have a couple of panels but I am always concerned that I might spoil them. I really must bite the bullet..

Eileen x

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
05/11/2020 20:56:47

been making a play mat with some fabric from my stash.play mat

detail of the pattern

playmat detail

I also made a cushion with 0.50m of linen look cotton that was in my stash. I don't know where it came from either. Wonder if one of my girls bought it.

flower cushion

28/10/2020 13:02:15

yes I am with you on that Steph, as I also wear specs and they steam up really quickly. I have tried all sorts of anti misting liquids with no success. I will be making a few more masks as my hubby keeps losing them! I am tempted to make a shocking pink one for him.

Eileen

x

28/10/2020 12:58:23

that is very pretty Maria I can see why you are taking your time with it.

Eileen x

Thread: Chat
28/10/2020 12:56:15

Oh Maria I know how you feel, it is so strange, remembering to remove their favourite food item from the shopping list was one thing hubby took time to adjust too.

We did have an empty nest but the youngest at 23 is back with us. lockdown had her back here to finish her degree and now she is struggling to get a job. preferably in wildlife conservation but at the moment anything. she has lost count of retail jobs she has applied for. It is such a depressing jobs market at present. To make it worse one of her friends committed suicide. The family are devastated and she was not able to go to the funeral.

It is treading on eggshells at the moment but I know it will get better.

I have daughter tidying out my sewing room, putting fabrics of one colour all together etc, it will make it easier to select later ; I hope.

Eileen x

26/10/2020 17:46:57

they are very pretty Rosemary. I might 'nick' your idea as I have some small pieces from panels.

Eileen

x

26/10/2020 17:35:28

That is very pretty Sylvia and functional too. I haven't made a 'basket' for ages. I am tempted to make a couple for family. Eileen x

18/10/2020 21:53:11

Haven't even thought about Xmas yet and not sure if I will be able to have a stall at any local craft fairs. at the moment we are in tier 1 but I don't expect us to stay in it.

however my youngest girl got engaged 3 weeks ago and I am thinking of things to do for them.

Edited By Eileen Foster on 18/10/2020 21:53:44

11/10/2020 21:57:52

awhh she is lovely.

I like the strawberry thief pattern. Eileen x

11/10/2020 18:47:20

That is beautiful Mandy. Such lovely fabrics, I also love the liberty prints.

Thread: tying a quilt
11/10/2020 15:16:18

all done, the binding took almost 5 hrs as I hand sewed it down on the back.

3 photos, the fabrics, the sandwiching and the finished quilt. fabrics.jpg

quilt sandwich.jpg

finished quilt.jpg

you can just make out the blue knots well easier than the cream ones.

Eileen

x

11/10/2020 15:10:33

they are lovely Fiona.

I have finally finished the extra large quilt. Sorry its laid on its side.finished quilt.jpg

Eileen x

10/10/2020 20:53:33

That is a lovely quilt Maria. I made a resolution not to start anything new until the current project was on going and apart from having to make baby gifts which have been a weekend job I have managed to do that. The latest big quilt is now finished so I can start sewing for my pleasure again.

How many UFO's have you got Maria?

Eileen x

Thread: tying a quilt
10/10/2020 20:48:18

well the deed is done. Its taken over 3hrs to do the binding, machined on then slip stitched in place. The threads are now 1" long and apart from the label it is finished.

I will put it on my bed tomorrow for a photo. I am really pleased with it. Thanks for the support ladies.

Eileen x

09/10/2020 22:56:08

I've used DMC Petra crochet cotton, similar to cotton Perle. Tied using reef knots as according to hubby they don't untie and are non slip knots. They also lie flat.

I think I'll cut them off at an inch long then..

Eileen

x

09/10/2020 18:19:07

Well its all tied now and I have one question please. How short do you cut the threads. At the moment they are 2" long. The blocks are 51/2" square if that makes any difference.

thanks in anticipation.

Eileen x

Thread: FMQ beginner Janome CXL 301
20/09/2020 07:37:25

I have tried fmq on my janome 9500 machine with varied success.

I dropped the feed dogs but left the tension as I would for normal sewing. my machine came with a darning/embroidery foot and I used that.

I didn't have that much success but found a medium speed gave me the best results with better stitches and a better looking back of the work.

I just need to keep practising but I find it a bit off putting.

03/09/2020 17:47:18

I love that garden scene through the gate to the mountains. It has a feel of a Monet about it doesn't it? you deserve to be delighted with it Sylvie.

Eileen x

30/08/2020 18:07:53

They look amazing Fiona so they end up as 15" blocks if my maths is correct. I will have to have a go.

Eileen x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues