By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eileen Foster

Here is a list of all the postings Eileen Foster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bargello workshops with Jan Hassard
15/02/2019 16:33:26

Just my husband laugh

Jan Hassard said she liked the border and has printed of the image to show when she teaches the course again.

Thread: I was the winner of the Little Sweetheart Fabric Pack, resulting quilt
14/02/2019 21:02:55

that is stunning Janice. it is wonderful when a project is completed.

Eileen

x

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
14/02/2019 18:47:25

I wish I could crochet!

This is lovely Rosemary and I don't have a problem with it not being patchwork/quilting.

Eileen x

14/02/2019 14:00:18

I was bored on Tuesday as it was too frosty to garden so I made a table centre in bright sunny spring yellow and 2 fabrics with bees as part of their motif. I love it but hubby isn't keen, says its too big at 20" square.

Eileenxtable topper.jpg

09/02/2019 11:29:46

the watersmeet bargello designed by Jan Hassard is now complete. I am really pleased with it.

watersmeet bargellocomplete.jpg

Thread: Bargello workshops with Jan Hassard
09/02/2019 11:27:54

well I have finished it laugh It will go on the spare bed.watersmeet bargellocomplete.jpg

I used some of the strata that was left to create the borders and a navy fabric for the rest of the borders binding and backing.

Eileen x

07/02/2019 17:19:06

I knew there was something different as the quilting went in a different direction at that point and I couldn't see why. When it was laid flat I did think rather a lot of light reds but hadn't twigged as to why. I had to dig a round in the scraps box until I found an appropriate bit.

As you say I'm in good company.

Eileen

x

06/02/2019 21:56:41

I completed the top a couple of weeks ago and did the quilt sandwich.

I started quilting it and was happy with the way it was going. It was laid flat on the table so it doesn't crease. Hubby waked past it a couple of times then says the 'fatal' words : why does that red block not run the same as the others?

Oh no he was right I had joined 3 strips incorrectly and then I spotted another in the bottom left hand corner. Now I think I was struggling with a lack of the red fabric and that was the cause.

watersmeet bargello.jpg

Today I unpicked the quilting within 2 segments of the red sections, unpicked the red bits and replaced them, but this had to be done by hand as it was 2/3 quilted and all around the sections.

Back to the quilting tomorrow then the rest of the borders. Tired shoulders today but tomorrow is a new day.

Thread: Chat
05/02/2019 14:54:26

Thanks Alex

Eileen

04/02/2019 17:56:33

That is such an adorable quilt. Well done for taking it on and completing it for your friend.

01/02/2019 22:45:27

that's very pretty Rosemary. And such a good cause too.

Eileen x

01/02/2019 18:33:01

I was looking for the competitions but all I get is the page that tells me there are some but there aren't any below the instructions. Am I just looking too soon?

Eileen x

01/02/2019 17:58:48

That pooch looks blissfully happy Margaret, almost laughing laugh

sorry to hear you have been unwell Maria. Lets hope they sort you out soon so you can get home in the warm in your own surroundings.

Eileen x

27/01/2019 21:21:07

I started this before Christmas but didn't finish it. But I am being strict with myself and finishing the UFO's before I start anything else. I have my bargello quilt to finish.

Eileen x

table runner.jpg

Thread: christmas wreath block
27/01/2019 21:17:16

well better late than never blush I used gold bias binding for the edging.

Or is it very early for 2019?

Eileen x

table runner.jpg

Thread: hug hearts
26/01/2019 17:25:05

you deserve those hugs Carol. I was faced with a similar situation 20 yrs ago. my family are 2 1/2hrs away so I understand the bone weariness this can induce. Hugs from my too

eileen

x

26/01/2019 17:20:46

Oh the teddies are lovely Rosemary. A lucky little person is going to love that.

I do like that palette Margaret, which people find odd as I am blue/purple colour blind. they look like different shade of the same colour. I also love minty greens/aqua colours too. Though my favourite colour is softish yellows/primrose/lemon.

eileen

x

25/01/2019 15:19:53

that is exactly what it should be. A celebration and memory. I think that is the perfect place for a lovely quilt.

Being in a 'strange' mood is also understandable. Funerals do that for me too. Eileen x

22/01/2019 15:58:08

This is my very first applique picture. its Japenese iris and I am really pleased with it. sorry it is on its side but I couldn't flip it.

Eileen x

p1080593.jpg

Thread: Which bobbin thread do I use?
22/01/2019 15:53:46

Thanks ladies I will have a look for it.

Eileen x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues