By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Emma Kennedy

Here is a list of all the postings Emma Kennedy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: September challenge
06/09/2017 16:38:49

Hi Rosemary,

They are exactly the type of projects I was thinking of, pity you wont be able to join in! Love the sewing roll- what a great swap!

Here's to the next time!

Emma

Thread: Chat
06/09/2017 15:51:06

Hello Myra,

Here's what Joanne Ridley from the Chelford Patchers has said in her the follow-up feature for the competition in the October issue:

'...we moved to the village hall in Chelford, Cheshire, where we still meet every Monday morning. We now have around 10 members, with a range of experience in patchwork and quilting and we all work on our own projects with Anne on hand to offer advice and give us much needed assistance.'

Hope that answers your question,

Emma

06/09/2017 15:44:12

Hi Brenda,

I'm afraid we don't send the cover mounts overseas which I agree is a shame. However, the challenge is definitely up for anyone who fancies it! We are just looking for a simple sewing accessory project - anything you wanted to make that would sit in your sewing kit- like a pin cushion or needle case. It's just for fun, so completely up to you what you choose to make. Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Emma

Thread: September challenge
05/09/2017 14:24:40

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE!

Inspired by your BOMs I have decided to add a little bit more of a creative edge for those who like a bit of a challenge!

Hopefully you have by now received the September issue of Popular Patchwork with the free pincushion fabric and pattern? So, thinking of a quick challenge… I thought I would ask you to create your own sewing kit accessory. It can be anything you wish in any fabric. It could be a needle case, a pouch or sewing roll- or even a pincushion (no such thing as too many pincushions!). It can be patchwork, applique or embroidery. It can be embellished or plain, the choice is yours!

Simply upload your pictures by October 1st with a few words about your design and the winner will receive a mystery prize!

Emma

05/09/2017 14:22:09

Following on from my previous post, hello and Catch-up...as mentioned here is a quick SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE!

Inspired by your BOMs I have decided to add a little bit more of a creative edge for those who like a bit of a challenge!

Hopefully by now you have received the September issue of Popular Patchwork with the free pincushion fabric and pattern? So, thinking of a quick challenge… I thought I would ask you to create your own sewing kit accessory. It can be anything you wish in any fabric. It could be a needle case, a pouch or sewing roll- or even a pincushion (no such thing as too many pincushions!). It can be patchwork, applique or embroidery. It can be embellished or plain, big or small - the choice is yours!

Simply upload your pictures by October 1st with a few words about your design and the winner will receive a mystery prize!

Thread: Hello and catch-up...
05/09/2017 14:16:18

Oh My!

Where does the time go?

It has been a very busy few weeks since the Festival of Quilts, which I must say was pretty amazing. So, I’ll give you all an abbreviated account of what’s been happening in the world of Popular Patchwork!

The FOQ was a first for me. Having been a regular at various other shows including the Knitting and Stitching show, I had a good idea of what to expect, and wasn’t disappointed! I absolutely loved it. Apart from all the obvious excitement of seeing the show quilts and exhibitions, it was also a great opportunity to meet the readers- which is always interesting, and of course lovely to put names to faces from designers and advertisers to the trusty Forum members including Rosemary and Carol (Thimble) and the sorely missed Katy Purvis! It was also good to catch up with some old faces- Kaffe and Brandon, Stuart Hillard and to meet one of my all-time favourite designers Victoria Findlay Wolfe - who was as dynamic as her quilts.

We also had the winning quilts from the Lewis and Irene competition on display, which looked great and received lots of attention- not least from members of the winning groups! 1st Prize St Thomas Stitch and Chat group, 2nd Prize Chelford Patchers and 3rd Prize Cake and Crafting group. There’s a full write up in the October issue!

Straight after the show, it was back to Brighton – via London (where my car decided to break down!) and finishing off the October issue which goes on sale Friday! It was then onto shooting the November issue where I had to create a particularly Christmassy theme! Fortunately, over the years I have had quite a bit of experience of ‘Christmas in August’ shoots, so with fake snow and Christmas trees at the ready, we set to work and I hope you’ll all approve of the results!

So it has been pretty busy, but as someone on Instagram recently commented on one of my posts ‘’ what a great job you have’’… and at the risk of sounding smug, they’re right, I have!

Look out for the September Challenge... coming next!

Emma

Thread: FOQ 2017
25/07/2017 15:44:37

Hi All,

We are all in the middle of planning the PP stand- which we will be sharing with our sister titles- so it will be great to get to meet some of you! For those of you who don't know, we are on stand E32- and I can't wait. Somehow I have never managed to make it to the FOQ as it always seem to coincide with our family holiday. I have heard so much about it over the years so I can hardly believe I will finally be there!

I will be with Deputy Editor, Julie Sheridan waving the flag for Popular Patchwork all day Thursday and Friday and also Saturday morning. Stuart will be there between 2pm and 3pm each day signing his latest book- which I have to say is gorgeous, and there is an amazing competition! We have teamed up with the lovely folk at David Drummond who are giving away Janome Memorycraft 9400QPC sewing machine, worth £2,199! GULP!!!

Let me know what else you think I need to look out for (or any survival tips you think I might need!)

Emma

01/07/2017 14:03:01

Hi All,

I thought I would give you all a quick up-date of my week at PP HQ!

It's all been pretty hectic as we were putting the final pages together for the August issue, It's always a tense week, and we all work flat out! I am just about to do the final sign off, ready to go to print on Monday morning, and happy to report it's all looking particularly beautiful with lots of quilts, accessories and projects.

On Wednesday I did the September shoot with photographer Emma Sekhon, at a beautiful location in Kent. It was a stunning converted barn, complete with gardens I could only dream of, chickens, out buildings and the perfect garden shed! So apart from having serious house envy, the day was a success and I have just finished doing the final picture edit. I have worked with Emma for several years which is great (apart from sharing the same name which can get confusing) as we know exactly how each other likes to work. In the past, working on other magazines and projects we have both had assistants to help us on the shooots, but these days it's just us, and the funny thing is, it's actually a lot simpler! There's certainly more to do, but less people to worry about- and we just get stuck in!

I don't know if any of you like instagram but I always pop pictures up on there from the shoots. Do have a look if you have a moment! @ popular_patchwork. I realise a lot of you don't like social media (and I must admit I'm not much of a fan either), but Instagram is my favourite as it's just lots of beautiful images!

So, I am about to get stuck into the September issue next and my next job is to get the photographs of Stuarts mystery quilt blocks taken! OOOH, I think you're going to like it!

Well, I'll get back to the proofing the pages now and leave you all to get on with the rest of your weekend!

Emma x

23/06/2017 11:26:29

Hi Everyone,

Having seen Pamela's lovely cushion, I thought you might all like to know that next month we have the first installment of a nine part Mystery Quilt by Stuart Hillard! ... and I have to say it is rather fabulous, so watch this space!

I also wanted to thank you for your kind messages and emails, it's lovely to feel so welcome! I have noted your suggestions, and happy to say many of your ideas are already in the pipeline. Great minds think alike!

Have a lovely weekend,

Emma

20/06/2017 13:35:43

As promised, this should give you a clearer idea with regards to your subscriptions.

Any subscribers that paid by credit card will not have been affected at all, as when you subscribed it will have logged on the system that you were due to receive 13 issues. So, if for example you have 6 issues left to receive, this will not have changed.

For Direct Debit subscribers, we suggest you please get in touch with our subscription bureau just to make sure that the 13th issue has been credited to your account. The contact details are listed below.

Email: help@pp.secureorder.co.uk

Address:

My Time Media Ltd
3 Queensbridge
The Lakes
Northampton
NN4 7BF
United Kingdom

Phone:

UK: 0344 243 9023 International: +44 1604 828 748

UK Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number.

Phone lines are open:

• Monday-Friday: 0800-2000
  • Saturday: 0930-1530
  • Phone lines are closed on Sundays & UK public holidays.

When contacting us, please make sure that you include the name of the product or magazine you are enquiring about. This will enable us to deal with your query more promptly. If you're a subscriber, please also include; your full name, address and subscription number if you know it.

This change only affects subs taken out before 31st December 2016.

Although we cant bring back the bag issue (for now) we do hope this helps answer your questions.

Emma

20/06/2017 13:28:01

Hi all,

Where to start? Firstly I have had a response from the subscription team, which I'm going to post separately as it makes (dare I say it) slightly dull reading compared to the passion you are showing in your previous posts!

As I'm sure most of you know, starting a new job is always a bit of a challenge, and taking over at PP has been no exception. However, it also coincided with quite a few other changes, staffing and otherwise, which has certainly added to the 'fun'. The most obvious change which appears to have affected you all greatly, is the large gap left by Katy. To quote Carol and to echo what I believe many of you feel- 'she was the glue that held you all together'. This was clearly true, but as they say- all good things must come to an end! However, the end should not refer to the PP forum!

What I have picked up very quickly from reading through all your posts, is the true sense of warmth and support - not to mention creativity- that you show each other, and whether you see it or not, that warmth continues to come over loud and clear, even without Katy. I do appreciate it's a loss to you all, but I can also see you all still have plenty to say and I think it would be an even bigger loss to you all if this forum wasn't here.

And finally, I know many of you are still adjusting to some of the changes we have made to the magazine. But the aim remains the same and that is to bring you a varied mix of patterns, from quilts to bags and home wares along with engaging editorial each month. It is always going to be impossible to please everyone, but hopefully, out of the ten plus patterns in each issue there will be ones to suit your taste. We are a small team, but we are passionate about delivering you a quality magazine each month, and to that end please let us know what you would like to see more of, designers you are following and patterns you love.

We are in challenging times, so let's focus on the good things- and in my humble opinion, this forum is one of them!

Emma x

20/06/2017 09:21:10

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know I have asked the Subscription manager Kate, to clarify how subscribers will be compensated for the missing bag issue. Kate has only just returned from maternity leave, and is looking into it now-so hopefully we will have an answer for you shortly. Apologies to any of you who have already made enquiries!

With regards to bag patterns, we will include a bag pattern in every issue, which I appreciate isn't quite the same as an entire dedicated issue, but hopefully a nod in the right direction! Let us know who your favourite bag designers are and what styles you particularly like or would like to have a pattern for and we'll see what we can do.

In the meantime, I hope you're all enjoying the weather!

Emma

Edited By Emma Kennedy on 20/06/2017 11:52:13

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues