By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Emma Kennedy

Here is a list of all the postings Emma Kennedy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: February Challenge
02/02/2018 10:42:31

Hi All,

As it’s the beginning of the month, and the days are apparently getting longer from here on in, here’s a competition to hopefully encourage you all to get on with some UFO busting!

Time to dig up all those long-forgotten projects which are languishing sadly in corners and complete them. If they have been abandoned because you are tired of looking at them, think in terms of gifting them to someone who will see them with fresh eyes (that’s always my incentive on projects I’ve managed to cast aside in favour of a shiny new one).

There will be two prizes for this competition! One will go to the person who completes the most amount of projects, and the other will go to the person who completes the most complicated – perhaps a full size quilt or similar. Simply take before and after photo’s and post them up by the 28th and the winners will be announced!

Good luck everyone and happy Finishing!

Emma x

Thread: Quilting stencils
02/02/2018 10:38:21

Hi all,

Just reading through your comments with regards to fabric stenciling and have had some thoughts of my own for doing a technical feature in the magazine on this subject. In the past I have designed and cut my own stencils for fabrics and wonder how you all feel about learning the technique. It's relatively simple, but does involve a scalpel!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and also the type of designs and motifs you like.

Emma

Thread: Chat
01/02/2018 13:58:54

Hi Everyone,

We have had a reader get in touch with us with the following query. Unfortunately the Office at MyTime media don't have issues going this far back, so I wondered on the off chance if any of you might be able to help her?

If any of you can throw some light on the project she's looking for, do let me know or post here, and we can forward it on to her.

Many thanks,

Emma

Hi,! Strolling in a second hand market, I came across few old of your magazines. I am a beginner in quilting and like to read old magazines as they have good tips for me. So, I found a picture of one quilt called Justapone by Ruth Peel, your magazine of September/October 1994. Would be possible if you could give any information where I could find the pattern? Your answer will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sonia Bisby, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Thread: Not Happy!
31/01/2018 10:05:31

Hi Jayne,

Sorry I misunderstood you.

I agree with you and many others, it would be good to have our own website and is something we are discussing, so fingers crossed it will happen!

Emma

31/01/2018 09:59:26

Hi Sylvia,

That's good news! Though I am sorry you had to work quite so hard to do something that should really be quite simple!

Thanks for letting me know,

Emma

28/01/2018 16:45:07

Hi everyone,

Just coming up for air from finishing the March issue and logged on to see all your comments.

So, I'll try and respond as best I can from the top!

Jayne, I agree that there should be more content from the magazine on the website, so I will have a look through and make sure that patterns and features from past issues go up over the next few weeks. The reason it was reduced was to encourage new readers to buy the magazine, but I do see your point. Make sure you check out the Katie Jane fabric giveaway- this went up last week and is closing on the 2nd of February.

With regards to the digital copy, you should be receiving this before the print copy. I have let subscriptions know and will get them to amend the timings which are clearly out of sync.

Competitions.

Although I appreciate Facebook and other social media platforms aren't for everybody, we do have quite a following that we also have to cater to. However, I can see your frustration and will make sure all the competitions will now go through the website, as well as the ones which are exclusively just for members.

Sylvia: I will sort out your subscription issue first thing tomorrow, and make sure someone contacts you asap.

So, I hope this clears up some of the 'unhappy' issues mentioned in this thread, and I'll keep you posted on progress!

Best wishes,

Emma

x

Thread: Christmas Post card swap and November Challenge
11/12/2017 12:51:31

Hi Everyone,

As per my previous post, I LOVED all the cards, but it wouldn't be a competition without a winner!

So, the winner is.... Claire, with the too-cute dog!!

Congratulations Claire. Your prize is winging its way through the snow to you, and will hopefully be with you shortly!

That was the last competition for 2017, as if you're anything like me, the Christmas to-do list will have taken over all your spare time, but do look out for a new one in the New Year!

Emma x

05/12/2017 09:20:23

Wow, these are all so gorgeous! I would be over the moon to receive any one of them!

Well done all of you!

Emma

24/11/2017 09:35:40

Hi Everyone,

Well, the days are flying by and Christmas is looming- though having said that, in magazine time, I shot the February issue this week so as usual there's a part of me that feels I have already 'done' Christmas and the daffodils will be appearing any minute now!

I hope you have all seen and admired the Christmas issue with Rosemary's clock? I thought it looked great. It was a lot of work putting together the Christmas issue, but we thought smaller gifts and makes was more suitable for the run up to Christmas. Let me know what you thought!

That aside, I have a request for you all. Deputy Editor Julie has been Oooh-ing and Aaah-ing over so many of your projects posted up on this forum- and would love to feature some of them on the Show&Tell pages in the magazine.

So, this is a call-out to you all! If you would like to be featured (and of course have a chance to win the star letter prize) why not drop Julie a line? Her email is editorial.pp@mytimemedia.com and I know she would be more than delighted to hear from you.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Emma

Edited By Emma Kennedy on 27/11/2017 13:25:26

Thread: September challenge
07/11/2017 14:10:48

Hi everyone, as promised I’m here to announce the winner to the October challenge.

Absolutely lovely entries again, and all so original and different. I do enjoy setting briefs as everyone’s interpretation is so different. When I brief the designers for the magazine, I’m always intrigued as to what will come back. Brenda as I mentioned, I loved the surprise of what was behind the cover and Shiela I thought yours was so atmospheric and like Brenda’s wonderfully illustrative.

But, without further ado, this month’s winner is…. Drum roll… Glenda with the gorgeous Owls. I love the top stitching which gives that lovely hand-made quality, the cute factor provided by the owls themselves- and of course the sheer practicality of it.

I have selected a second book in the Zakka Style series as a prize, which is a lovely collection of 25 projects ‘stitched with ease, to give, use and enjoy’.

Glenda, PM me your address and I’ll pop it in the post today!

I’m off on holiday now for a week, but I believe Rosemary will be giving you details of the December competition, with a particularly festive feel!

Have a great week everyone,

Emma x

06/11/2017 13:43:12

Oh you talented lot! They are all gorgeous and so Autumnal! Well done for following the brief so well, I'm truly impressed!

I'm going to announce the winner tomorrow morning, so if there are any last minute entries, you have till then.

Emma

x

30/10/2017 13:51:19

Wow! Carol and Brenda, they are projects for sore eyes on a particularly challenging Monday!

Carol, I love what you have done and think you should continue with the rest of the seasons! ... and Brenda, all I can say is I wasn't expecting that! I studied the first image for a while wondering what the zip was for, before I scrolled down! Lovely!

(Bad luck Rosemary! the competition is mounting surprise....)

...and please send them all in to Show and Tell!

Emma x

Edited By Emma Kennedy on 30/10/2017 13:51:53

29/10/2017 15:57:18

I love that Rosemary... really pretty!

You're looking like a clear winner right now. I'm going to announce a winner on Monday 6th November, so that gives everyone another week, if you want to join in?

... and I have a great prize lined up!

Emma

x

09/10/2017 13:07:55

Hi All,

Just to let you know I have posted an October Challenge (under the September challenge thread)!

Have a look and see if you want to join in.

Emma

09/10/2017 13:04:50

October Challenge

Hi All,

As promised (and just a little late) here’s the October challenge!

With Autumn well and truly here, this month take inspiration from nature and create a piece of work that reflects the season. Using whichever techniques you prefer – applique, embroidery, patchwork and quilting, I would like you to design a small picture. Size is of course up to you, but I would suggest that working within a 12in square would keep it manageable. However, if you wanted to use it as the start of a cushion cover or something else, then obviously work to a size that suits you. (It doesn't need to be square- it may be any shape you want. These are simply guidelines and not rules).

Your work could be figurative or abstract. It could depict nature through use of imagery or purely through colour and texture- as always, the choice is yours.

The winner will be chosen beginning of November.

Good luck and enjoy!

Emma

03/10/2017 18:00:47

Hello All,

I have just read your recent comments and although I don't know Dany, it's always sad to hear news of that nature.

On a much lighter note, I just wanted to let you know that I have announced the winner of the September challenge!

x

03/10/2017 10:51:15

Hello and thank you to everyone who took part in the September challenge!

Time for me to choose a winner, but to be honest I am struggling here! There are so many lovely projects and also great ideas! I love Glenda's pincushion with threadcatcher, Marian's collection of pincushions, Rosemary's sewing roll...and Carol B- the wall hanging is on my to-do list!

But now, cue the drum roll....The winner of the September Challenge is... Sheila Nixon with her Cathedral window pin cushion. I love the fact it is so pretty for something so functional- and the pearly pins were the icing on the cake! Congratulations!

If you could email me your address, I will pop the prize - a copy of Zakka-Style Gifts by Cecilia Hanselmann in the post for you! (it's a lovely book of sewing accessories and homeware patterns in the Love to sew range of books by Search press.

Thanks again to everyone, and look out for the October challenge which I will try to post up over the next couple of days.

Emma x

14/09/2017 17:18:07

These are all gorgeous projects!

I am NOT looking forward to choosing a winner though... (I always forget that bit when I set a competition).

Anyway, keep them coming ladies!

Emma

08/09/2017 10:21:00

Hi Margaret,

Don't worry, I'm aiming to do regular challenges, so look out for next months - or you could always enter a 'here's one I made earlier' ....

Just a thought!

Emma

08/09/2017 10:14:23

Thanks Rosemary and Brenda for leading the way on this first challenge, and Brenda, I'm pleased it was the reason behind 'a good day at the office!'...some lovely work!

Emma

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues