By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Patricia Fox 1

Here is a list of all the postings Patricia Fox 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Borders
04/06/2016 15:24:57

Need advice after I decided to alter a quilt. Completed the top part of the quilt and quilted as you go sewing all the top bits, batting and backing together.

However have now decided to add a border which looks difficult as I have almost completed the quilt. Do I just cut strips for approx 3 inch border and add the batting and the backing together, then attach to the main quilt. Will this be difficult as so thick as when attaching I am going to have two lots of everything. main. batting and backing.

Or do you ladies know an easier way for me to do it.

Thanks

Thread: sew slip
26/03/2016 20:15:49

Tried Creative Grids. Nothing showed

26/03/2016 19:42:44

Heard a lot about Sew Slip 11. But where can I buy one. Can anybody help me please.

Thread: Shirring elastic
16/03/2016 12:29:46

Does anybody know where I can purchase shirring elastic on a large cone please.

Thank you for your advice on how much fabric needed for a shirring elastic dress. Perfect

Edited By Katy on 16/03/2016 17:46:55

Thread: Shirring
12/03/2016 11:49:02

Many thanks for the reply for shirring elastic. Have noted and buying from Ebay as advised.

I just wondered if anybody knows how wide a piece of fabric I would need for a 20" garment if I am shirring.

Total guesswork on my part - Double the width ?

I am sure there are lots of you ladies that know so much about this. I have never done it before.

Thread: Shirring elastic
12/03/2016 10:43:56

Does anybody know where I can buy a large cone of shirring elastic. The youngsters want summer dresses and would like shirring elastic tops.

Thread: stencils
15/02/2016 19:18:11

Now you all know I am a complete novice, but so keen to learn. Ha ha

Having a good look through creative grids I came across " stencils'. Having shown a keen interest in free motion am I right in thinking that these stencils would be so nice to use. Or should I say 'try' to use. They look so pretty.

So far I have chosen 4 patterns. Can I use these with a silver pencil.

Your brilliant advice ladies please.

Thread: fabrics for dresden plate
14/02/2016 14:32:19

Thank you ladies. Definately made up my mind to listen to advice at my class, but do my own thing too. Your posts are so helpful.

14/02/2016 10:45:53

I may have asked this already but now I am ready to start my quilt today.

At a class I joined only last week I was told NOT to use a plain fabric in a dresden plate. I have some really nice \kaffe fabrics to use but I would like to put in the odd plain fabric.

Am I doing something very wrong. Does it go against all the quilting teaching.

Thread: Rotary blades
13/02/2016 10:42:09

I have often wondered how often you change your blades in your rotary cutter. I have an Olfa.

Someone once told me you should change the blade with every project. But is that a bit extreme

Thread: Dresden plate
04/02/2016 10:41:26

This is my first dresdon plate design quilt for my Grandaughter at university

I have cut out the squares 12". Dresden plate to be in the centre.

I dont want too many blades ( is that correct).

How many blades are acceptable and how big.

This is brilliant having my friends on this Forum to ask, being a novice.

Thank you

Thread: Courses, classes
30/01/2016 15:20:34

Where would I fnd a list f courses, classes, groups in my part f the country.

We ar e a group of friends who really want to find a class etc.

Can anybody help ius here in Carmarthenshire.

Thread: Desperate for venues
30/01/2016 15:14:17

I live in Carmarthenshire. Our local authority have, in their wisdom, decided to close all community centres etc., which is where we hold our Quilting/Patchwork classes.

Why do the government do this. They say they encourage us to not sit in front of the tv, laptops, tablets etc., yet they close the venues where we love to go.

The last class will be in March.

Sorry to vent my feelings. Our group are going to be sorry to have lost such a nice class.

Thread: free motion
28/01/2016 11:40:38

I have two Janome machines. A DC3050 and a Gem 760.

Desperately trying to do free motion on a quilt using a Janomem Open Toe darning foot.

Front not too bad and maybe with practice I could get something ' nearly' decent'.

However the back is dreadful. Great big bunched up patches of cotton.

Can anybody help please

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners