By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Nicola Moore

Here is a list of all the postings Nicola Moore has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Scrappy Shenanigans II...!
11/12/2016 19:15:15

Margaret...

Many thanks but I've been spoiled by Rosemary and Pam and I have more than enough to finish my project laugh

I really am overwhelmed by the response and the fabrics I have received are diverse, high quality and absolutely perfect!!! I couldn't have asked for more.

This forum has truly reignited my project which I will admit was stalling so I am very grateful in more ways than the obvious that I posted my request.

Once again...thank you rose

08/12/2016 20:42:30

Ohhhhhh....thank you both wink Truly looking forward to the postie coming with my goodies Rosemary!

Pam...what can I say! I ohhhhhh and ahhhh'd my way through every piece you sent and lost my heart to the foxes!

I'm so excited to get going again!

Pam...you should have a wee parcel arriving soon mail

Rosemary..do let me know what you would like in exchange...

Take care...

Nicola

Xxx

04/12/2016 23:04:02

Evening Pamela...I'm a colourful magpie and can work with any colours! I love brights and novelties but have a bit of everything in the quilt already so any colours that can be spared... I'm your girl 🤗xxx

04/12/2016 20:21:10

Evening Rosemary...!

I have a few pieces as small as an inch square smiley The sizes range wildly as I just work with what I can get! Xxx

04/12/2016 16:56:05

Hi everyone...

I was working on a scrappy quilt mid year and after a hiatus have gotten back to it however, even with all the amazing donated scraps I found that I've ran out no

Does anyone have any small bright scraps that they could possibly swap? I'm afraid I don't have any fabric left to swap as I gave it all away in the last swap however I do have two books by Rayna Gillman (mint condition) one by Tonya Ricucci (mint condition) and one by Janet Bolton (dog eared on the outside cover but perfect otherwise) I could swap or a selection of threads or one or two lovely pieces of velvet (ideal for crazy patchwork)...

Email me for further info!!!

Nicola

xxx

Thread: Professional long arm quilting
02/06/2016 23:54:24

Laurel...I have the same questions and fears. I don't have space to even lay a single quilt out let alone quilt it. I hadn't thought about short arm v long arm quilting nor the expense. Is long arm quilting costly? Will I have full control over the thread used? Backing? Wading? And what about patterns? Does the quilter decider?

Thread: Sending quilts away to be quilted...
02/06/2016 23:49:23

Thank you Diane!!! star

02/06/2016 23:35:37

Hi...when I eventually finish my first quilt top...I want to get it quilted professionally. Does anyone else get there tops quilted? Is there anything I need to consider? Any pitfalls? Can you recommend anyone?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

xxx

Thread: The 'ultimate' quilt show...?
21/05/2016 14:55:16

I did look at going to The Festival of Quilts this year however, it was going to cost me £211 return on the train and that was the cheapest option! The French shows sound appealing though....more research needed...xxx

20/05/2016 21:33:41

Hi all...I'm new to quilting/patchwork but have visited some of the shows local to me such as Harrogate and Edinburgh. However, I was wondering what the 'ultimate' quilt show is? Is it the Festival of Quilts? Or one of the American shows? Or European ones? What is the one show you would love to attend???

Thread: Scrap Bags
18/05/2016 23:35:29

Update on how all my scraps are been utilised!!! blush I really can't thank everyone enough...wee parcels are in the post for all those who have sent goodies...xxx

Vortex 2

02/05/2016 11:56:09

Hi all...I'm working on a 'Scrap Vortex' quilt along http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/scrap-vortex-qal-week-one.html and wondered if anyone knows where to purchase scraps of fabric? I'm working with whatever I have at present and the sizes range from an 1'' to 5'' all different dimensions and themes but all 100% cotton. However, I think I may run out hence the question!

I could potentially trade a fat quarter or two for scraps so that is also an option...xxx

Edited By Katy on 03/05/2016 10:20:08

Thread: Quilt Labels
12/03/2015 22:16:56

I'm nearly there...I'm about to finish my first wee quilt/wall hanging but need to create a label. What does everyone else do? Handmade? Bought? Written? Embroidered? I don't know where to start!!!

Thread: Half Square Triangle Swap
03/03/2015 22:56:16

I just have a binding to finish this week...can I join too please?

Many thanks!

Thread: Scrappy 4" squares swap!
11/02/2015 10:56:51

Lexy!!! You are one funky quilter winkWhat a fantastic stash of fabric!!! Sorry for getting back to you so late but I have a dire head cold which isn't shifting.

Mandy...I'm not the quickest cutter and I'm a little under the weather but if you're up for swapping still I can see how many scraps I have! Pm me or reply on the forum.

Nicola

x

Thread: Invisible Bindings
06/02/2015 15:31:58

Margaret...huge thanks!!!

I've just found two links written by Susan Brubaker Knapp which outline what you recommended with step by step photos and the results are exactly what I was hoping to achieve!

Nicola

x

05/02/2015 22:24:42

No hurry Lexy!

Lillian...Liz...WoW!!! You both made my day. Thank you for the beautiful and varied selection of fabrics! You really can't get fabrics anything like the ones you have swapped anywhere in the north east of England. Dinosaurs, Vikings, insects, foxes, florals...the list is endless. What a joyful experience this swap has been!

I'm busy making some small improv quilts to teach myself patchwork and quilting and will be branching out from hexagons...way to boring for all the fabulous fabrics you have all provided!!!

Nicola

x

Thread: Invisible Bindings
05/02/2015 22:16:46

Hi...

Is it possible to invisibly bind a small quilt approx. 12.5" x 12.5"? I want to keep the project small and hopefully more contemporary by not having visible binding on the front. I've never made a quilt before so if anyone can recommend a resource or technique...that would be fantastic! xx

04/02/2015 22:31:51

Fantastic! I'm so pleased all my parcels have arrived safely. I'm busy grinning at the comments re: ironing. I hate ironing clothes but find ironing fabric pieces therapeutic!!!

I'm truly looking forward to seeing what the postie brings over the coming days!

Nicola

x

03/02/2015 20:56:54

Lillian...unbeknown to me, our local post office have sadly stopped afternoon collections so your parcel should be one it's way tomorrow morning!

Cathy...you are a STAR A stunning range of fabrics with only one duplicate! We must both have our heads in the stars...I can't thank you enough as your choices really made me chuckle...I'm actually a sea swimmer so doubt I will ever have the heart to cut the seaside themed fabrics and the swimmers in their old fashioned costumes...I might have to frame. I love them all though!!! I just wish it wasn't my first quilt and I could do them justice...I'll try my best!!!

Everyones parcels are now in the postal system so hopefully they should arrive any day soon!

Nicola

x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues