By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lexy

Here is a list of all the postings Lexy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Astronomical Friendship Swap 2015
10/12/2015 19:42:22

Hi Claire

Thank you for my lovely block, the colours are great. Do you need me to post a picture or have you got one?

~Lexy

Thread: Tess's Advent Calendar
02/12/2015 13:07:25
Posted by Tessa on 02/12/2015 12:38:52:

... you can always suggest to your husband that he put a note in some of the drawers with clues to a larger gift is somewhere hidden. wink

What a wonderful idea, I shall convince him before next Christmas.

Thread: New Projects and Ideas to Try 2015
02/12/2015 12:33:58

That's really pretty Carol, a lovely use of the fabrics from your birthday squishies.

~Lexy

Thread: Tess's Advent Calendar
02/12/2015 12:30:51

Lucky you Tessa, and well done to your DH. I came home yesterday to find my DH had made me this wonderful advent box, but looking at the size of the drawers I don't hold out hope of finding any beautiful fabric in them, So far a lip balm and a small scented candle!

laugh ~Lexy

Advent

29/11/2015 22:35:07

Marlene I love these robins, do you have a link to the pattern or remember where you found it? They are so cute.

~Lexy

Thread: Chat
29/11/2015 12:13:38

Hi Irene

I didn't have any problems when I upgraded but it sounds like you may just need to reset some of your default settings, which tell your computer which programme you want to use for things like web browsing, email, playing music, etc.

If you click on the window icon at the bottom left of your desktop and select the 'Settings' option. You should see several options on the screen that pops up, one of them should be 'System', select this and then look for 'Default Apps' in the menu on the next screen.

If you look at your Web Browser default it sounds like its currently set to Internet Explorer or something other than Google Chrome. If you click on whatever the current default is you should get a lit of options you can switch to, aslong as google chrome is still installed on your machine you should see that as an option and you just click it set it as your new default.

Hopes this helps.

~Lexy

Edited By Lexy on 29/11/2015 12:14:26

28/11/2015 21:19:07

Thanks everyone. I am a little in love with paper-piecing at the moment and this is a great pattern, not as complicated as it looks when finished. I like it so much I'm thinking of doing an orange/teal version for my final block that I make myself.

~Lexy

28/11/2015 13:51:53

Hope you're feeling better now Fiona, I hate being ill at this time of year. Here's my Indian Summer star block I made for Fiona.

AFS - November

Edited By Lexy on 28/11/2015 14:03:58

27/11/2015 12:21:19

Hi Katy, just waiting to hear that Fiona has received mine and then I can add the photo in.

~Lexy

22/11/2015 10:37:44

These weren't on my list but I've found a great pocketed-potholder pattern that I thought would make nice Christmas gifts for family and friends - here's my first batch.

~Lexy

Pocket Potholders

Christmas Pocket Potholder

21/11/2015 10:43:00

Fiona, I've posted your November block off today, I hope you like it when it arrives. I've taken a picture to post when you let me know you've received it and I also took a picture of your block to me and I've added it to the album.

~Lexy

November

Thread: Popular Forum Group Quilt for FoQ 2016
21/11/2015 10:33:58

Rosemary my star has been posted this morning, the package also has your birthday squishie in it, but it is safe to open. I will PayPal you today.

~Lexy

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
18/11/2015 20:46:35

A big thank you to Tina and Jayne for my cards which have arrived this week - both lovely bright fabrics to add into the ones I received on my birthday.

PPBC 2015b

17/11/2015 18:07:03

Hi Fiona

My 'Swamp Angel' block has arrived and I absolutely love it, both the block and the fabric. Thank you. Yours is half finished, if I can stop myself from getting distracted (happens all too often!) I might be able to finish it tonight. Let me know if you need me to post of photo of your block to me.

~Lexy

Thread: Wine Bottle Tote
17/11/2015 11:37:18

Hi Glenda

I found this one with a bit of googling - is this the sort of thing you wanted?

DIY Wine Tote

Thread: Popular Forum Group Quilt for FoQ 2016
13/11/2015 19:03:08

Hi Rosemary

Finally found some time to make my star, do you want me to make two, or do you think you have enough? I'm happy to do a second one or I can return the unused black fabric to you for sizing up blocks.

Am I sending paypal to your normal email address? PM me if its any different. Can't wait to send you my block so I can begin getting pictures of everyone's contributions. Will post it tomorrow or Monday depending on whether you want a second one making.

~Lexy

Thread: Chat
01/11/2015 09:40:15

Hi everyone, just trying to catch up on all the threads I'm active in and check out what you've all been up to - beautiful work as always.

The month of October has been non-stop for me and I haven't managed to do any sewing since the first week! Thankfully I've got a week off in November that I've already set aside in my mind as my 'relax and sew' week. So anyone who's waiting on swaps or blocks from me will get sorted out then. I will try to get Beryl's birthday squishie to her before the 7th though.

~Lexy

Thread: Half Square Triangle Swap
01/11/2015 09:34:56

Hi just popping in to apologise, I'd said I'd be in the swap for Christmas HSTs but this month has been so busy I just haven't had the time. Sorry if I've delayed anything for you all, hopefully I can jump in again when my time is more my own. Can't wait to see what people come up with for the Christmas HST challenge.

~Lexy

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
01/11/2015 09:32:10

Belated Happy Birthday to Mandy! Beryl I will be posting your squishie in the next couple of days smiley

~Lexy

01/11/2015 09:29:48

Just checking that I'd uploaded all my photos and found this one which is the block I made for Dany in September. I've added it to the album.

AFS - September

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues