By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lexy

Here is a list of all the postings Lexy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
13/03/2016 11:47:40

Sounds like you are nearly finished Myra! I've got as far as deciding on which colour to pick (green) and printing out a paper-piecing pattern I want to use. Since then I've been distracted by a mini quilt and an ambitious english paper piecing project but hopefully I can make a start on my sketchbook quilt soon.

~Lexy

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
03/03/2016 09:39:40

Envelopes for the March birthdays (Maria & Sue) are going in the post today.

~Lexy

Thread: Show and Tell
28/02/2016 00:11:41

Lovely finishes from people recently, thought I'd share something too. I went to a 'Zippy Pouch' class today at Simply Solids quilt shop near Huddersfield. My first time working with zips (more practice is needed!) but great instruction and support got me through. Thrilled with the result, going to give it to my Mum for Mother's Day.

Here's a link to the pouch tutorial online if you're interested and a recommendation for classes with Simply Solids if you're local to them.

~Lexy

Zippy Pouch

27/02/2016 19:10:06

Sorry Di, I can't see a picture of you fabric and cards. Maybe try again?

~Lexy

26/02/2016 12:54:05

Happy Birthday for yesterday Di! gift

~Lexy

Thread: Music to quilt by
26/02/2016 12:53:06

I usually watch shows too, rather than music. My sewing cabinet has a mirror on the inside of a lift up lid so I put iPlayer or Amazon prime on my computer which is behind me and watch in the mirror's reflection. I usually try to pick shows I've seen before or that I can tell actors dialogue apart without having to see them speak - definitely no subtitles!!

~Lexy

23/02/2016 11:43:17

Happy belated birthday to Margaret and Alison - what beautiful fabrics you both got, can't wait to see what you do with them.

~Lexy

02/02/2016 17:55:27

Never fear February-birthday'ers I haven't forgotten you! Your squishies have gone in the post today, I hope you all have lovely days when they arrive.

~Lexy

Thread: free motion
28/01/2016 17:55:15

I prefer feed dogs down and also don't forget to put your foot down as well. I've set off sewing before without lowering the foot and it creates a mess on the back like you describe.

~Lexy

Thread: Show and Tell
19/01/2016 19:04:39

Juliet and Tessa, great teamwork with a beautiful result.

~Lexy

14/01/2016 11:11:02

Thanks everyone for your nice words on the cushions.

Sylvia, I love that fabric landscape. I've been admiring how people are able to do such lovely pictures like that - I may have to seek out a class.

Liz, great star wars quilt, the framing around the panel really works well.

~Lexy

11/01/2016 13:44:04

My first make of 2016 - new cushions. I love my sofas, very comfy, but that's an awful lot of brown/grey to put up with without a splash of colour. I've been hoarding this lovely bright Amy Butler fabric for a while now, happy to have found a use for it.  These are also the first cushions I've ever made so I was very relieved to find that the pads still fitted by the time I'd finished. laugh

~Lexy

Amy Butler fabric cushions

Edited By Lexy on 11/01/2016 13:45:29

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
05/01/2016 12:03:16

That's lovely Rosemary, really effective with the bright colours and white background. I found the perfect pattern to use my birthday stash of colourful solids for - started cutting and piecing yesterday so hopefully some photos to follow soon.

~Lexy

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
03/01/2016 14:19:10

I got away without having a UFO list last year, unfortunately I can't say the same for 2016. Here is my list, all started and then abandoned in 2015, wish me luck!

Low volume hexagon quilt

'Sew Happy Quilt-a-long' project

Fabric origami wreath

Astronomical block swap quilt

HST swap project

~Lexy

Thread: New Year Greetings
31/12/2015 23:59:45

Happy New Year Everyone!

~Lexy

Thread: Happy Christmas
24/12/2015 18:20:22

Merry Christmas Irene and all here on PP.

Spent most of the day doing prep for tomorrow, house smells of all things christmassy. Now relaxing and putting my feet up, might dig out some hexies or something I can be stitching whilst watching tv later.

All the best.

~Lexy

Thread: My Gift from PP
22/12/2015 13:52:49

I had a card waiting for me when I got home yesterday, parcel too big for letter box! A trip to the sorting office this morning to collect and what a lovely surprise. Like Tessa I received two books, one on applique and one for quilt patterns using pre-cuts, both look really useful for future projects. A bright chrismassy red spool of quilting thread and a lovely silvery grey spool of christmas ribbon. Finally some beautiful 10" squares of Makower fabrics from their Asami and Lila's kitchen ranges.

~Lexy

PP Subscriber of the month gift

21/12/2015 15:30:52

What a lovely bundle Tessa, a wonderful early Christmas present to open and so nice for you to have some more fabric for your Linus quilts. I'm now eager to rush home from work to see if I have a similar package waiting for me, after being featured subscriber of the month in December's magazine. Fingers crossed!

~Lexy

Thread: New Projects and Ideas to Try 2015
20/12/2015 23:43:53

After saying I wouldn't make anything else until after Christmas I ended up spending a large part of today making this wreath for my sewing room door. Katy, it wasn't specifically on my list but could you please add it and cross it off?

~Lexy

Holly Leaf Wreath

19/12/2015 18:40:18

Katy can you please cross Christmas tree skirt off my list? I have so many other Christmas makes on my list but honestly this will probably be my last one until the tinsel has settled and my guests have gone home after boxing day.

Christmas tree skirt

Tree skirt in situ

~Lexy

Edited By Lexy on 19/12/2015 18:41:01

Edited By Lexy on 19/12/2015 18:44:00

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues