By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lexy

Here is a list of all the postings Lexy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
10/12/2014 12:14:08

I spent a pleasant hour watching Kirsty too - my favourite were the two Scandi guys with their knitted balls - fascinating (as a non-knitter) to see them work with five needles. The Christmas cakes were also really fun to watch and so creative.

That seems like quite a hike for your insurance if nothing has changed Margaret, I would definitely shop around a bit. In fact that reminds me it's that time of year to run our gas/elec suppliers through an enerry price comparison site.

~Lexy

Thread: Sew Happy Quilt A Long
08/12/2014 17:53:54

Hi Katy

My copy of PP arrived today so I've just been reading this article - I would like to take part please.

Thanks

~Lexy

08/12/2014 10:07:19

Those are so pretty Sandra - I love the little Christmas trees. Another activity added to my 'to do' list.

~Lexy

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
08/12/2014 10:05:00

Hi Carol - your squishy is in the post.

~Lexy

Thread: New Projects to make and Ideas to try 2014
07/12/2014 15:13:32

It feels like I've managed to have quite a productive week - finished the table runner, in time for Christmas thankfully. My first solo quilting project and I feel I've learnt a lot - mostly what not to do... It's far from perfect and I won't be winning any prizes for quilting in a straight line! But in the process I've learnt the following;

• the importance of positioning seams to avoid too many bumps and lumps
  • how to use my machine's walking foot
  • that I hate basting and will try basting spray next time
  • that I need to use the guides on my machine more for even sewing
  • that sometimes you end up preferring the back of a project to the front,
  • how to mitre a 60 degree angle (this one needs more practice)
  • and soooo much more.

Christmas table runner - front

Christmas table runner - back

~Lexy

05/12/2014 00:50:55
Posted by Carol B on 04/12/2014 20:21:42:

Lexy,

Congrats on winning the Nov join prize, it was lovely reading all about you, you are 'one of the family' now

Carol B face 23

Thank you Carol, it's great to be here!

05/12/2014 00:47:25

I don't have a list for 2014, as a recent convert to the forum, but as this was inspired by Margaret's recent project post I thought it might be okay to post my version here. Thank you for sending the original pattern Margaret and also for the idea to make it into a tree.

I might rework the pot, it's a little shallow but otherwise I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Origami Christmas Tree

Origami Christmas Tree - reverse

03/12/2014 20:18:37

Love the satchels Sandra and great fabric choices. I'm struggling to finish one thing before Christmas, let along five satchels!

~Lexy

02/12/2014 23:31:57

Thanks Carol

Protecting it from the wet weather makes sense - I'll try to package accordingly and will let you know when it's sent.

~Lexy

Thread: Xmas Mugrug Swap
02/12/2014 18:25:24

Hi Jay - if you find a post from Glenda in this thread you can click on her name to open her profile. At the bottom of her page will be a link to message her. Hope this helps?

~Lexy

02/12/2014 14:05:47

Just out of interest, as I prepare Carol's fabric, is there a recommended packaging for posting? I know you all call them squishies but is that just because of the feel of fabric in an ordinary envelope or because you all use padded envelopes?

Thread: Xmas Mugrug Swap
21/11/2014 20:43:43

I am very intrigued by the notion of a mugrug - I don't have the time or skill to participate in this specific swap but I have added a mugrug swap onto my ever growing list of projects for 2015. And I look forward to seeing all the pictures from this swap.

~Lexy

19/11/2014 11:56:19

That wreath is lovely Margaret. Did you get the pattern from a book or online? I'd love to make one of these for my Mum, although it may have to be for next Christmas.

Thread: Hello from a new quilter (inc. sneaky request for quilting advice)
16/11/2014 23:55:21

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and welcome to you too Margaret. I've signed up for the birthday club and am really looking forward to being part of the Astronomical block swap too. All that and the inspiration I've had from reading through your Projects and Ideas thread for 2014 I'm already constructing my 'to-do' list for 2015. I have a feeling it will just grow longer the more time I spend on here.

Edited By Lexy on 16/11/2014 23:55:45

Thread: Astronomical Friendship Swap 2015
16/11/2014 13:35:13

This sounds like fun and a great way to learn new block techniques - I'm in! I'll have a think about a colour scheme and PM you when I have one.

~Lexy

Thread: Hello from a new quilter (inc. sneaky request for quilting advice)
15/11/2014 17:36:39

Hello to you all.

My name's Alex, although for years I've used Lexy when I'm online - I'll answer to either. I only signed up to the forum this week and have been having a good old poke around, you've all made some beautiful things judging from the pictures in your threads.

I'm pretty new to quilting, but in my youth I did quite a bit of embroidery, blackwork and cross stitch, I even tried my hand at bobbin lace once (unsuccessfully). My OH and I recently moved house and I've finally got some space to house my hobbies a bit better and after I made a quilt top with my Mum this summer whilst we were on holiday I've gone on to try some more projects by myself and I'm loving it.

I'm certainly looking forward to getting more involved with other quilters through this forum - there don't seem to be many local groups for me to access in Merseyside (Liverpool) without some travel or they happen during the daytime when I work. If anyone does know of any I'd love to hear from you.

So finally to my sneaky quilting question. I've set myself the task of making a Christmas table runner to grace our table this year (in our newly decorated dining room). I found a lovely pinwheel-type pattern and then I've strip-pieced a back from the same Christmas fabrics so the finished runner will be reversible. But now I'm not sure how to quilt it, I thought that maybe stitching the edges of the pinwheels would bring them out but then I'm not sure how that will look on the striped back. So I'm leaning towards trying out a free motion meander all over instead. Any other suggestions? I will need to practice the free motion a bit before trying on the actual runner I think. I've attached a picture of the top in case that helps.

Thanks ~ Lexy

Christmas table runner - top

14/11/2014 13:16:03

Hi there

I'm new to the forum and was just reading through your birthday club thread for last year. I think it's a wonderful idea and I'd love to be involved, such a happy coincidence that today is deadline day. I will send a PM with the info requested.

Alex

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues