By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lexy

Here is a list of all the postings Lexy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell
12/04/2017 09:11:31

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to come back and share this quilt with you, in particular with those of you who were in the Birthday Club in 2015. I received a lovely bundle of 10" bright solids through the club that year and finally found the ideal project for them with Rebecca Bryan's Rainbow Remix improv block quilt. Yesterday I managed to find a sunny day and a friend to hold it up for me so I could take a nice photo. So, thank you to all PPBC 2015 members who contributed a bit of colour to this quilt.

~Lexy

Rainbow Remix full

Rainbow Remix

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
23/12/2016 17:02:19

Hi Rosemary, your squishie has been posted, hopefully it arrives on time.

Merry Christmas in the meantime. laugh

~Lexy

20/10/2016 12:17:38

Beautiful fabrics Marian.

Cards arrived from Sandy and Fiona - thank you both.

~Lexy

PPBC 2016b

19/10/2016 09:50:31

Happy Birthday Marian, I hope you have a lovely day.

Your card is in the post, it should arrive today laugh

~Lexy

17/10/2016 12:08:26

Here's a photo f my lovely Christmas fabric collection and cards. I'm thinking of making HSTs and putting together a pair of cushions for the festive season. Thank you all, if I manage to get the project started before Christmas actually arrives I'll post some pics.

~Lexy

PPBC 2016

PPBC 2016

15/10/2016 10:25:03

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes and the beautiful selection of Christmas fabrics I received. It's been a whirlwind of activity since my birthday on Wednesday, apparently if its a 'big one' you get to do more fun stuff and stretch it out! I will post up some pictures soon, I have family arriving imminently for the weekend portion of the celebrations!

~Lexy

Also, additional envelopes arrived from Chris H, June and Lillian.

11/10/2016 17:46:59

Sorry Carol, just checked and yours is there I must have missed it off my post on the 4th. frown

~Lexy

11/10/2016 12:20:25

Margaret, squishie received, thank you.

Edit:  Carol, I don't think I have yours yet but will check with OH in case he's squirreled it away thinking its a family one.  Mandy, I did get yours, it was one of the first and I thought I'd posted here to say received, sorry if I forgot.

~Lexy

Edited By Lexy on 11/10/2016 12:22:51

08/10/2016 14:50:50

Squishie received from Rosemary, thank you!

~Lexy

04/10/2016 15:34:17

Sorry for the late acknowledgments, my OH has been hoarding cards and it only occurred to me to ask him about this weekend! Going through the little stash he's built up I've received envelopes from Maria, Beryl, Alison, Glenda, Marion, Jayne & Sue.  Thank you all.

~Lexy

Edited By Lexy on 04/10/2016 15:37:47

08/09/2016 16:13:09

Hi there

Squishies received from Tess and Mandy - thank you both. I admit to having fallen behind on sending out my birthday squishies so I apologise to those ladies. I'll be cutting and posting them this weekend so I hope you don't mind a belated birthday treat? embarrassedgift

Lexy

Thread: Missouri Star Quilt Company
28/05/2016 22:00:18

Well now I'm just in a flood of tears - what a a great video. Google introduced me to Jenny and her videos when I first started quilting and I've made a couple of her projects and followed some of her great tips - she's never steered me wrong. What I didn't know before today was all the family/business history and the strong connection to their town. I think I may be following Diane and moving to Hamilton too!

~Lexy

26/04/2016 11:38:40

Happy Birthday Sandy giftcake

~Lexy

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
24/04/2016 20:01:14

I'm back to the drawing board too Pamela. I worked on mine this weekend only to discover that it is bigger than the 10 1/2" size limit, it's a paper pieced pattern so I can't really trim it down. I should have realised that the wadding that came with the magazine was slightly larger than needed and been more careful reading the guidelines. Hey-ho, I will try and come up with a new idea.

23/04/2016 11:55:35

Echoing Tessa's belated birthday wishes to all you April ladies. Also, on the ball after last month I've just posted the May squishies so be on the look out cool.

Sun is shining here today and everything is lovely and spring-like - hope you are all enjoying the same.

~Lexy

Thread: Popular Forum Group Quilt for FoQ 2016
08/04/2016 09:15:59

Well done Rosemary, I can't wait to see the photos. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this.

~Lexy

08/04/2016 09:15:07

All April squishies are now posted yes

~Lexy

07/04/2016 16:03:49

Oh dear surprise it would appear I am behind in sending our squishies! I had it in my mind that I'd sent the April ones but when I went to check the emails for May I quickly realised it was the March birthdays I remembered posting.

I'm so very sorry to Kay and Fiona for missing out on getting them to you on time. I'm rushing home to cut all the April fabrics out tonight and get them ready for posting tomorrow. If I don't get the internationals to the post office tomorrow I will go first thing Saturday.

Sorry again, promise to pay more attention from now on. blush

~Lexy

Thread: Scrap Management
31/03/2016 10:13:49

Katy, that's exactly what I had - a box of exploding plastic scrap bags! Every time I tried to look through it for something I could use I ended up with everything tipped out and muddle together!

Margaret, I hadn't thought of storing by width of strip or by separating into dark/med/light as opposed to colour. I think that's a great way to deal with the strips I have, although I was trying to get away from having stacks of storage boxes as I don't really have the room. Will have to give it some thought. Those fabric baskets are great, I love blue one with the decorative tassel.

I think I will follow Irene's idea and focus on using up some of the scraps in a log cabin quilt, time to go and get some inspiration from the internet!

~Lexy

30/03/2016 10:40:04

Hi All

I haven't been as active on the forum recently as I would like but I have been busy in the sewing room. So much so that I began to see a rapid increase in the amount of scrap fabric I had, when it could no longer be contained in one tub I decided to make a feature of it.

Here are my scrap management storage pods, as well as coloured ones there are also pods for low volume, Christmas, novelty/multi-colored, solids and selvedges. For most of them I sewed scraps together till I had a large enough piece to cut the pattern out - that got rid of a few bits and pieces!

So far I've decided that anything smaller than an eighth of a yard is a 'scrap'; eighth or bigger stays in with my normal stash. I'm not sure what to do with the thinner strips I have, which are between 1-3", they would be handy for log cabins or other foundation piecing so I might keep them separate from the larger scraps.

How do you sort your scraps out and what sort of projects do you use them for? Please share you hints and tips and pictures of your storage solutions or scrap project ideas.

The pattern for the storage pods is by Beth Studley, here's a link if anyone would like it, although its not a free pattern I'm afraid.

~Lexy

Scrap Storage Wall

Scrap Storage Pods

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues