By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Diane Ford

Here is a list of all the postings Diane Ford has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
07/04/2017 04:15:24

Fiona

I'm sorry to hear you've been in hospital again. I wish you a speedy recovery under the watchful eye of your mum.

Take care.

Diane

Thread: Thank you everyone
22/02/2017 19:10:37

Katy

We'll all miss you, but good luck in your new job.

Diane

27/01/2017 11:32:40

Kimberley

No, we haven't actually met yet, but it's great to see you on here again. I hope you're recovering well after your recent fall.

I've used tea to dye fabric for light skinned rag dolls in the past, but I think I'll be able to use this fabric just as it is. I bought it with some other fabric I wanted from the US because it was inexpensive (I won't say cheap because it's lovely quality fabric), and I think the colour will be just fine for the dolls I plan to use it for.

I have to wait for a while before I start making the dolls though, because at the moment I'm making crochet shawls to use up a big bag full of oddments of yarn that was getting in my way. Apparently shawls are very popular with the ladies in the Gambian village I'm making things for, and I've become slightly addicted to making shawls since I discovered some great YouTube video tutorials two years ago, and learned to crochet, lol.

Diane

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2017
23/01/2017 23:38:07

Tessa

I hope going to Slimming World helps you. I went to a slimming group with my mum a long time ago. It was when I first started to put on excess weight, and it really helped me. I knew I was going to be weighed again at the next meeting, and I didn't want to have to admit to having failed to lose weight, so I was determined to lose something every single week. I'm sure doing something like that would be beneficial to me again now, but unfortunately it won't happen.

Good luck.

Diane

Thread: Fidgets and Fiddles for dementia
21/01/2017 15:14:09

Jayne

They are very addictive, and once you start making them, you start to see all sorts of things you come across in the course of a day in a whole new light. It's amazing what things can be utilised in fidget quilts.

Diane

21/01/2017 14:45:25

Maria

I want to lose weight purely for health reasons. I don't drive, so I have to walk if I want to go anywhere. My knees are so painful these days, and I get so out of breath when I walk anywhere, and I'm sure both those things would be greatly improved if I weighed less.

Diane

21/01/2017 13:18:11

Margaret

Once you've made a fidget quilt, you'll start seeing all sorts of things you come across in the course of a day in a whole new light. It's amazing what things can be utilised in fidget quilts.

Diane

20/01/2017 18:21:09

Margaret

I've replied to your message.

Diane

20/01/2017 14:24:26

Tessa

I'm hoping I can get some of the people in the new group interested in making some things for a project that supports people in a village in The Gambia that I've become involved with.

On a side note, I've just taken delivery of 5yds of fabric from the US that I thought would be suitable for making dark skinned rag dolls, but it looks more of a rust colour than it did on the website. I'll have to try making one, and see how it looks when it's finished. I'm sure the children will appreciate having something to cuddle, whatever the colour, so I probably shouldn't worry too much about it.

Diane

20/01/2017 13:33:45

Tessa

When I decided to move here, I checked out the local church's Facebook page very early on, and liked what I found there. I think I'm a good person, who does good things to help other people, so although I'm not a religious person, I feel I have a lot in common with what the church stands for these days.

I may not go to Sunday services, but I happily do things to help others when help is needed. If there is a God somewhere out there, I would like to think I would be considered to be at least equal to those people who just turn up for church services once a week and toss some money into a collecting plate, but do nothing else to help other people.

Diane

20/01/2017 12:17:31

I walked round the corner and up the steep hill to my local church yesterday. I'm not religious, as I explained to the lovely young lady vicar when I first met her last month, but I'm trying to get a group for knitting, crochet and needlecraft started in the village, and my local church seems to be very much a community venue rather than just a place for religious worship. I think I've got four ladies interested in joining the group so far, which is great considering I didn't know anyone at all when I moved here at the end of October. It's also great considering I lived such a reclusive life for so many years until just a few months ago.

We're going to have our first session next month, and have a six week trial period. Hopefully in that time we can work out what day/time is best for most people.

Diane

20/01/2017 12:03:31

I weigh 11st 3lb today, so I've lost another pound in the last two weeks. It feels so good to be back on track. It's really hard when you think you're being good about what you eat, but the weight won't budge.

How is everyone else doing with their weightloss? You've all been very quiet recently.

Diane

06/01/2017 12:27:33

I weigh 11st 4lb now, so I've lost another pound since I last checked in four weeks ago.

Putting weedproof membrane and 115 bags of plum slate chippings on my back garden over the Christmas period helped enormously 😉

Diane

Edited By Diane Ford on 06/01/2017 12:30:56

06/01/2017 12:19:49

Let's all help each other to shed that excess weight.

Thread: Christmas postcard swap
12/12/2016 10:41:59

I'm seeing some lovely Christmas postcards, ladies. Well done.

Diane

12/12/2016 10:39:49

Maria

You are definitely a lady after my own heart. I think it's the rebel in me. I've always hated being told what to do, so I rarely follow instructions for doing anything. I prefer the "try it and see if it works" approach to most things, from sewing to cooking. It's not often that things go disastrously wrong. I might end up with something different to what I originally planned, but I rarely have a complete failure, so all is good in my eyes, lol.

Diane

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2016
09/12/2016 09:17:04

I'm very pleased to report that I've lost another three pounds in the last two weeks, and I now weigh 11st 5lb. That's 1st 7lb less than I weighed on 11 September 2015.

I had actually got down to this same weight exactly a year ago, but then things went haywire, and I ended up weighing 12st 5lb again in July. I'm back on track now though.

Diane

02/12/2016 10:00:22

Bad things really do come in threes. On Saturday my fridge freezer stopped working and had to be replaced, on Tuesday my combination microwave oven stopped working and had to be replaced, and today I've discovered that something that was spilled on the oilcloth tablecloth covering my oak table has actually damaged the surface of the table top.

Diane

29/11/2016 13:37:53

Four weeks after moving, I love my new house, even though it's not all plain sailing here.

I still haven't found anyone who will turn my back garden from a sea of mud to something more dog friendly. I contacted four landscape gardeners three weeks ago. The first one didn't turn up for the appointment, and the other three came out and looked at the garden, but have failed to come back to me with any prices for the job. I think I'll just have to order some weed proof membrane and slate chippings, and just lay it down on top of what is out there myself. At least it will cut down on the mud being brought into the kitchen, and it can always be raked back and bagged up again, if I ever find someone who is willing to do a proper job out there. It might take me quite a while to get all the bags of slate chippings carried round to the back of the house though, lol.

On Saturday my fridge freezer stopped working, and today my combination microwave oven stopped working. But I've got the money that I had reserved for a landscape gardener, so I've reallocated some of that to replace the fridge freezer and microwave oven. Every cloud has a silver lining, lol.

Diane

Edited By Diane Ford on 29/11/2016 13:39:01

28/11/2016 13:07:08

It's good to hear Katy is making progress. She's very much missed, and it will be great when she feels up to coming back.

Diane

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues