By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Kay A

Here is a list of all the postings Kay A has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Linus and other charity quilts
07/09/2016 19:34:37

Hi Rosemary

I have some black & white blocks from the first quilt I ever started but now don't fancy finishing. As I recall the directional prints were driving me insane. I'll see what I can dig out & make it 30" square x

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
01/06/2016 07:22:29

Thank you for my beautiful birthday cards, fabric & little extras

Katy - I couldn't work out how to add them to the birthday album, if you point me in the right direction I'll sort it out x

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

01/06/2016 06:58:24

Apologies to the ladies with a May birthday & Fiona & Monique. I've managed to get a little behind but I think I've caught up now & everyone's cards will be in the post today.

I hope everyone had a lovely birthday, I'm going to scroll back through the posts to see everyone's pictures x

Thread: Chat
01/06/2016 06:54:24

*sneaks in, waves hello*

Sorry for going AWOL, just going to try & catch up on everyone's news from the last couple of months

*blows kisses & sneaks out before anyone notices I'm still in my nightie*

04/04/2016 10:27:44

Sorry ladies, my DH has been hiding all birthday post from me as it arrives, so I have no idea who I've received squishies from...until tomorrow

Thread: Popular Patchwork Virtual Retreat 2016
29/03/2016 10:19:38

Hi

What an exciting idea, I long to go on a real sewing retreat! Weekends are impossible for me for real or virtual retreats while the little ones are young, but I can probably join in with welcome drinks & perhaps do some of the projects in the week after if that's ok x

Thread: Show and Tell
29/03/2016 09:22:30

Some fabulous things being made ladies! Alison I adore your scrappy quilts, I hope one day to have enough scraps to make my own scrappy quilt. I think that they are so much fun

As it's the school holidays I don't suppose there will be much sewing happening so I thought I'd share what is happening instead!

image.jpeg

I am working on a top secret project, so hopefully I'll have photos of that soonish

29/03/2016 08:51:56

Good morning,

Sorry I'm a little behind in letting everyone know about squishy arrival. In case I've missed any thanks then I'm just going to list & say thank you in one go to who I've received squishes from: Maria, Katy, Carol D, Glenda, Lillian, Sue, Alison, Tessa & a mystery purple envelope with no senders name on it! Thank you ladies x

I think that I've sent all of the March & April squishes except for Fiona & Monique. If you've not had one & were expecting one then can you please give me a shout as it means my system has gone wrong & I possibly won't realise until December

Thanks

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2016
10/03/2016 06:56:52

This horrible weather really does make it difficult to be motivated enough to get outside & even go for a little walk. I'm not sure where I was when I last checked in, but so far this year I've lost 1 stone 4 1/2lbs. I joined slimming world (am I allowed to say that?) on the 1st of January with a very specific target in mind to achieve, like Diane, for my birthday. It's unlikely I will achieve that now, unless I chop off a limb, so I've revised my target & im just going to keep going until I hit my target. I spent most of yesterday sorting out my attic as we are looking to move house & I thought I had 1 old broken suitcase with clothes in. Turns out there were 3 suitcases which were too heavy to lift down so we emptied them into 8 bin bags & brought them down that way. Needless to say I now don't have to buy any new clothes at all as I lose weight! I thought I'd only got size 10 clothes in the attic, but I have 10, 12 & 14, which is fabulous because I've just slimmed down to a 14 & everything is to my taste

10/03/2016 06:38:28

Thanks to Maria & Lillian for the squishies that arrived yesterday x

I was so horrified at turning 30 that I booked for DH & I to be in the Carribean. No such luxury now with 2 LOs, but at least it's the school holidays so I can spend the day with my beautiful family 😃

Thread: Half Square Triangle Swap
07/03/2016 21:48:23

Hi everyone,

So sorry for being AWOL, where do the days disappear to?

Theme for March is "Spring Colours" & has very kindly been supplied by Sue. I am struggling with theme ideas at the moment so if anyone has any suggestions I'll put them in a hat & draw them out over the next few months

As always HSTs to me by the end of the month & I'll get them back to you in early April. For those of you waiting for the last swap I will get them out soon. Ieuan is now walking & climbing & into everything so I have to attempt to do everything during his nap time xxx

07/03/2016 21:40:13

Thank you Tessa & Glenda for the first of my birthday squishies to arrive. It's reminded me how few days of my thirties I have left, before my "life begins" xxx

11/02/2016 06:51:56

Sorry guys I'm not going to be able to run the swap this month

I'll get the last lot sent out as soon as family allows

Hopefully "normal" service will resume in March

Glad to hear everything went smoothly Fiona, I've been thinking of you xxx

Thread: Swirly Stars Fabric Swap
01/02/2016 11:03:00

I'm happy to go with the majority Katy, but I think it's quite nice to get a surprise in the post & I really don't mind if mine don't co-ordinate at all, because I love the scrappy look x

25/01/2016 20:00:02

I think I've messed up & sent too many! Oh, & you'll need sunglasses when you open the parcel x

25/01/2016 10:37:50

Hi Katy

I've just ordered from Pelenna so it should go out in the post today. Do you have Paypal & I can send you some money for return P&P or would you prefer if I just sent you an envelope? If so how much postage has everyone else put on theirs as I don't know what I would need.

Thanks

Kay xxx

25/01/2016 00:16:50

Katy I'll try & get something ordered tomorrow & delivered directly to you. Oh, is that the time, I mean today but later xxx

Bright & non directional, is that right?

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2016
25/01/2016 00:12:08

Hi

I haven't had chance to post for the last two weeks. Last week I was 2 1/2lbs down & the week before 3 1/2lbs. So that's 10 1/2lbs so far this year. 26lbs to go!

Well done to everyone, the losers & especially the gainers, as it's hard to get back on track when you've had a blip xxx

25/01/2016 00:04:04

Sorry for my absence everyone. Margaret & Sue your HSTs arrived safely. Monique I've not had anything arrive from you & im really sorry I found the ones I should have posted to you last month the other day. Do you want me to post them or hold onto them & send them with this months post?

Hi Val, you can join in whenever you would like. Do you need my address or do you have it?

Kay xxx

Thread: Hug Hearts for January
24/01/2016 23:52:53

Big hugs Fiona xxx

Thanks everyone for my hug hearts too xxx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues