By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Joan

Here is a list of all the postings Joan has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fool's Puzzle
18/01/2010 22:55:53
Could I go on the list as well please , I am a quick reader as well, I don't mind being after anybody,

joan 
Thread: table topper Help
18/01/2010 22:48:05
hi not thought about fleece,     or the heated type 

joan 
18/01/2010 22:46:44
I am going to a quilt show on Sunday , somewhere in Manchester ,   Did know , but forgotten,  I think it begins with N  .    but then again , it might not,  one of the ladies at the little quilting club, is taking us ,  so we can but hope she knows where we are going.

my friend asked me if I would like to go as there was a spare seat in the car, but, she had forgotten as well  so it is a mystery trip,  and as there is supposed to be some stalls there so I thought I might find a easter spring type fabric there.    I  saw the pattern on line  thought I would print it off    ......   We live in hope that I can do in time  for this easter  as I want to take it to Poland with me  when I go.

will check pattern  out and let you know.     

joan 
Thread: Thread
18/01/2010 22:30:18
Thank you ladies,  I ,    thought I would  buy a couple or so of fancy reels , but  was a bit unsure   where to start and on what size  ..... and thickness etc
someone told  me to get a net   ,)   whats it  for ? and when do you use it/?
joan 
Thread: Baby bag
18/01/2010 21:58:04
that is wonderful , very cheerful.
Thread: table topper Help
17/01/2010 23:37:39
I am planning to make a table topper and hoping to have it completed for a Easter pressie, to send  abroad.      40 x 40    size
do you just make a top and then put a cotton back, t, ? and no innards  or what does one do.!!!

My questions are  what does one back it with, ? and fill it with ?,   The reason  is I don't want it to be too bulky,  and I haven't reached the stage, or confidence of quilting   to within an inch of its life yet. .

and I don't want it ending up looking like a quilt . 

I'm not keen on over quilting , which is just as well cos I cannot do it. 
and in the normal run of things I do like bulky cuddly quilts.
many  thanks.

Thread: Thread
17/01/2010 23:19:04
I was wondering what kind of thread you all use for your sewing.

I get a bit confused about which thread for which piece of work,to use.

Some of the reels look quite big so  was wondering what size reel  is best  for machine, economy etc,  

I know I should  use decent quality,  but which, etc. 

I was wondering which sort of thread you use for machine sewing patchwork etc,I have also been thinking about getting some  rainbow  type threads ,  would love some help in this area please 

Many thanks. 

Thread: BIRTHDAY CLUB
16/01/2010 21:59:05
Abakan....   Ooooh you will love it ....  I was in the one in Manchester two fridays ago,We always go fridays as you get extra orf for being a pensioner well every bit helps as the old lady says,

Five of us girls went  in Nov,   wonderful time had by all,   then all filed into a little chippy round the corner....for a pensioners lunch   fish, chips, peas, and  a cuppa for £3.00   and it was very good .  all very workman like, not very posh, but clean, and all the more to spend in the shop.

I keep saying I am going to Preston to have a nose,   but the one in Manchester is only about 10mins walk from the train station,    it is one of those places where  you need lots of spends cos they have everything,,,,,  you want.....  or you can go  and it can be a bit thin on the ground, but that has only happened to me once in the seven times I've been.
hope you enjoy the day

Thread: FRIENDSHIP SWAP 2010
16/01/2010 21:34:42
NN.   not in this swap, what you thinking off.

Oh gosh I'm all of a flutter,

Oh well here goes,..

To try to do ones best,

Joan 

Edited By Joan on 16/01/2010 21:35:16

Thread: Chat
16/01/2010 21:16:44
Hello Maggie , sending you a hug , and hope you soon feel better, ,    forget work. until you feel  really A1.

joan 

15/01/2010 21:59:44
Blimey  Nutty, you are quick,    mind you I have three cards done,
  so I am getting there 

I am quite enjoying  making them.  think I should have started and  had a go at them before.. 

Joan 
Thread: Olympic Quilt for 2012
15/01/2010 10:59:28
I said I would buy the wadding, just let me know when you need it, and I will forward cheque  etc.

joan 
Thread: FRIENDSHIP SWAP 2010
13/01/2010 16:51:13
Oh dear I'd get in a real pickle if I had to do two,     can you just imagine

joan 
12/01/2010 20:02:15
Ooooh no we cannot have 13,    
 This my first attempt, as well.....  and we have the   our  gals, bless em,,,,,, on here should we get in the mire,   or a mess.

joanx 

Thread: Chat
10/01/2010 21:48:28
wow they are fantastic what work, how long has one block taken you?

joan 
10/01/2010 21:27:45
Dusie, they are  wonderful ,   I had just been  admiring them in your album 

joan 
Thread: 2009 Friendship Block Swap
09/01/2010 21:05:42
Over the last few days , I have read about all your  friendship Quilts for 2009 , they are all so fantastic,

I too have signed up for the 2010 ,       what have I done ,      all you talented  ladies, out there 

a stiff drink ( and I don't mean a iced lolly)   and then knuckle down  and do my best. 

oh crumbs ,  oh dear ,   thats about 15 drinks I make it. hic.

the thing is I don't drink        but I can try

ttfn
joan 

Thread: Is it snowing where you are?
09/01/2010 11:35:03
It is snowing here       fed up with it now,

joan 
08/01/2010 21:59:29
So pleased that  they have all arrived for you ,  Ros very kindly gave me a piece of vilene  earlier last year  to have ago at making a card,  and that was it,  

joan 
Thread: Three Wise Owls
08/01/2010 21:45:03
  what a Clever  little girl    they are lovely

joan 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners