By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jacissima

Here is a list of all the postings Jacissima has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Free for charity
20/01/2019 11:29:07

Hello Rosemary, Project Linus UK coordinators usually provide neonatal quilts measuring 20” x 16”. Fleece is fine on the back as they are used on top of the little closed cribs to shield the baby from the light. They then go home with the babies for the memory box. Aargh...

Thread: Lend with care
29/11/2018 08:37:34

I found you all by accident whilst browsing the Lendwithcare.org site. I’ve been doing it for a while now and it really is good. When I have enough back I simply lend it to someone else and the world keeps turning! I found £8.47 down the back of the sofa last week which just goes to show what a topsy turvy world it is when £15 can actually make a difference to someone’s life. Well done all.

Thread: Simple Simon
11/03/2017 20:02:24

Perfect. Exactly the design I saw (somewhere!). Many thanks Rosemary. Jacki

11/03/2017 16:48:04

i've looked everywhere - I found it, copied it to a piece of paper, lost the paper. I know that it has no triangles. Also tried a search but unfortunately there is a company with that name so dominates. We are looking for a simple block for a group quilt which will be a colour coordinated scrappy. An ideas?

Thread: Linus and other charity quilts
24/11/2016 09:11:32

I don't often get to log on but feel I have to write simply to say thank you. As the Linus Coordinator for Gloucestershire and Bristol I am continually in awe of not only the beautiful quilts I receive for Linus but also the skill and dedication of the stitchers. Yesterday I placed 60 quilts and collected 12 and met some lovely people. I also ate a lot of cake - it being the currency that quilters appear to use! My own stash is being continually replenished with lovely donations which I can then pass on to groups, large and small, who work tirelessly for the children. Thank you to all of you who bring so much pleasure to the children. Regards, Jacki Hebblethwaite

Thread: Submit your event listing here
09/01/2014 21:38:53

Material Girls - Quilt Exhibition

Sat 4 & Sun 5 October 2014 at

The Old Grammar School, Chipping Sodbury, South Glos BS37 6AH

10am - 4 pm each day

Exhibition of work by Sodbury Vale Quilters, Yate U3A Quilters, Project Linus UK

Free admission. Refreshments. Raffle quilt. Free parking at Town Car Park and Waitrose

Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.

jacki.molloy@btconnect.com

01454 329785

Thread: Welcome to PP, come and say hello
26/10/2013 16:01:25

Hello Debbie. I'm new to the forum too but not to quilting. Try and make time - it's such a great hobby. Cheapest therapy around. I'm a Project Linus UK coordinator and never cease to be amazed by the wonderful quilters who make such remarkable quilts for disadvantaged children. You'll find that other quilters will always help you out - great people. Regards, Jacki

Thread: Chat
26/10/2013 15:38:13

Craft fairs seem very odd. I did one 2 weeks ago to sell some fabrics for Project Linus UK. We made lots of money but mostly by selling to other stall holders! I was all set to do another but I've been told that they vary enormously so might sit there all day selling nothing. Perhaps the answer is to take some therapeutic hand sewing and consider that it might be good uninterrupted sewing time. I was able to buy lots of wadding for another batch of Linus quilts with the proceeds as we never get that donated! Regards to all. Jacki

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues