By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ros

Here is a list of all the postings Ros has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: August Journal Challenge - Landscape Quilts
16/08/2011 23:00:05
Jan, I took loads of landscape photos on Sunday so am thinking about what I can do with the ideas. Mola is a bit sick, frayed edges and looking a bit sad!
Ros

Thread: 2011 Birthday Club
16/08/2011 17:05:31
Irene, Your quilt blocks look lovely laid out out on the bed.
Ros

Thread: FoQ 2011
16/08/2011 16:57:02
I've uploaded all my FoQ photos from Sunday into Picasa. If you'd like to see them just click on this link and select the slideshow option:

https://picasaweb.google.com/

Edited By Ros on 16/08/2011 16:57:46

Thread: 'Canadian Red Cross' Quilt
11/08/2011 20:42:43
Hello Will,

I have just googled 'Canadian Red Cross Quilt' and found this link

Hope this helps.
Thread: BLOG STUFF
10/08/2011 14:10:45
Irene,
Here is a very lovely provider of blog backgrounds, headers, etc, and there are free.
They have some tutorials which you might find useful:

Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
10/08/2011 00:04:44
Liz,
Some have finished, some have half-finished (me included) and some have gone very quiet!

07/08/2011 11:47:28
Hi Sally Ann,
That's called an Avatar. I'm glad you've got it sorted!
Ros

Edited By Ros on 07/08/2011 11:56:50

07/08/2011 10:03:26
Hello Sally Ann,
I don't think its possible to add an image to a comment - just text.

06/08/2011 15:54:12
Margaret and Mal-A,
Can you both send me a PM with your email address please.
Ros

06/08/2011 14:10:33
Irene, I have just sent you an email with instructions on how to set up
- a google mail account
- a blog.
- how to write your first simple posting.
I hope this is helpful.
Ros

If anyone else would like these instructions, please let me know.

06/08/2011 13:14:56
Yes, they are the same thing.

Edited By Ros on 06/08/2011 13:16:44

05/08/2011 23:51:48
Irene,I only know Blogspot (not wordpress). All you need to start is a Google mail account - and it will give you the option to create a blog. You will need a name for your blog. Then if you want, choose a template for your background (or you can just leave it plain).
You're ready to write your first posting!
Good luck!
Ros

Thread: Chat
05/08/2011 16:19:35
Pam,
You could try this website:

http://sewmamasew.com/tutorials.php

05/08/2011 01:18:53
I have a blog, which I started a couple of years ago after reading Jan's blog! I knew very little about computers and didn't really do much in the way of patchworking at the time but I decided to give it a go. Progress was a bit slow at first - hubby helped me with the photos as that was all new to me as well. I started off with a plan of about 3 or 4 ideas (a charity quilt I was making with friends, some family history, and family pets) and it developed into a sort of personal journal. Every time I did something interesting (for example visiting a National Trust garden, taking part in swaps, making banners for our church) I took loads of photos.

My daughter especially loved to read it as she was away at uni and was missing out on a lot of family stuff. Other local friends also signed up as followers and would regularly leave me encouraging comments.

I've taken part in international swaps (mini quilts, pin cushions, fabric) and won a few items on giveaways. I have made quilt blocks and other small items for people caught up in tragedies (Queensland floods, Japanese Sunami, Christchurch earthquake). I have made friends all over the world (US, Australia, Russia, Taiwan, India to name just a few).

You don't need to be an expert to do this. There are lots of very flashy blogs out there, which are lovely and inspiring and make you say oooohh and aahh. But the best ones are just ordinary folk talking from the heart, making things for friends and family and sharing their day with you - quite a priviledge!!

If you are tempted by this, I would say give it a go. Its not difficult. You can do it quietly to begin with - nobody else needs to know. But I bet before long you will be wanting some visitors and a bit of encouragement!

You can find my blog at:
http://rosa-munda.blogspot.com

Ros

Thread: WHO IS UP FOR THIS THEN?
04/08/2011 01:15:52

Great idea Jan. Here's a couple from me:

Do you have any favourite quilting gadgets?
Which quilters inspire you?
Have you ever tried making a Mola? Hahahahaha (top marks here!)

Thread: Underground Railroad Sampler
03/08/2011 21:23:31

Hello Tessa,
Here at last is my Birds in the Air block. I had a few difficulties with this one. My selection of fabrics is starting to get depleted and the scrap sizes are getting rather small.

Now for a bit of showing off!

This is my Birds in the Air block from the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt which I also made recently. This was done completely by hand and measures just over 5" !! This was actually much easier than the large block!!

Thread: Chat
02/08/2011 06:49:11
Well done Pam on winning your rosette. Thought you were very brave posting your photo, as like Jan I hate having mine taken. I always manage to pull a wierd face.

Jan, take care in this heat! Glad you're feeling better. I always keep one of those little japanese paper fans handy this time of the year - they always work a treat.
01/08/2011 09:51:36
Jan, I backed mine with interfacing (non-iron) stitched on with a wide zig-zag to stop them from curling. Ros

31/07/2011 13:42:19

Katy, I enjoyed your article on bunting in the last PP magazine, then I was lucky enough to win a copy of the book in a blog giveaway! Here is my first attempt at some bunting for the summerhouse. I'm going to look for some brighter colour fabrics, as the pastels don't really work in the sunshine.
Ros

Thread: Book Trail
30/07/2011 17:47:54
Fiona, paperback arrived Thursday, thank you.
Aude, I will add your name to the list. You will be after Pam and Katy.

Would anyone else like to go on he list for "A Sister's Secret"?
Ros

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners