By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ros

Here is a list of all the postings Ros has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BLOG STUFF
16/10/2011 14:00:15
Hi Caz,
Type the word/s you want for a link (click here, for example) select this text and then link to that word with the URL.
Hope this helps.
Ros

Thread: Warning for Ros
16/10/2011 13:54:57
Hello Caz,
Thank you for the info. I checked out the link and it seemed fine at 2pm, so I hope the problem has now been solved. Craft Hope is a charity in the US but it may be they had problems with hackers. In any case I have removed the link just in case.
Ros

Thread: Sewing Room Challenge
14/10/2011 14:04:38
Ladies,

I was just thinking as we have all been so inspired by Marlene's sewing room makeover, we could have a weekly challenge . . . to post pictures of our sewing spaces. I have spoken with Katy and she is very happy for me to do this.

Now before you panic! I was just thinking of one small aspect of your sewing space! If you are like me, then there will be little cubby holes all over the house, dreaming one day of a place like Marlene's or Jan's!

Okay so far?

So for this week I thought we could start with THREAD.

You may have the most wonderful collection of threads all beautifully displayed, or you may just have a few stuffed in a bag (like me - oops!) You are among friends, so come on . . . let's see them!

Ros

Thread: Underground Railroad Sampler
12/10/2011 06:44:14
Jan, Love your sailboat! Sea looks a bit choppy!

Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
04/10/2011 21:48:49

Dearest Tessa,
Thank you very much for your beautiful HAPPINESS postcard and for the explanation on the back. Amen Sister!
Ros x

04/10/2011 10:00:54

Tessa,
Here's my October sailboat block. I'm trying to eek out my scraps to last to the end but choice is getting a bit limited now. Only just enough for the background!
Ros x

Thread: BLOG STUFF
23/09/2011 08:54:08

Have you noticed the lovely collages bloggers add to their postings?
Here is a free site you can have fun with:

www.picnik.com/

You can upload your photos, manipulate them, add text, make collages, and there are great tutorials to help.

These are just a few blooms from my garden this year.

Ros

Thread: Designing Blocks
19/09/2011 10:39:09
Thanks Katy, what a lovely surprise! I'd like to have another go at this - it was good fun and easier than doing a block for real.
Thread: Whoops, look what happens when I'm not chained to the laptop
16/09/2011 13:25:17
What a beauty! I'm sure you won't be in trouble for buying it, just think of all the savings you will be making to the electricity bill
Thread: Chat
14/09/2011 13:41:44

Hi Tessa,

I've just checked Stuart Townend on YouTube and his music is very inspiring! This one is really beautiful
Thanks Tessa,
Ros x

Edited By Ros on 14/09/2011 13:42:09

13/09/2011 13:57:55
Tessa, I love your Baptismal banner. That was certainly a work of love!
I have been asked to make a couple of banners this week, but just words thankfully as they have to be ready in less than 2 weeks, and much smaller!
Ros

Thread: Book Trail
10/09/2011 23:26:27
Hello Margaret,
Could you put me on the list for the Bishop's Daughter please.
Thank you, Ros

Thread: Design wall
08/09/2011 21:59:54
Interesting choice of colour Liz!
Thread: THE PARTY's OVER--BUT-------
08/09/2011 14:04:50
Katy, I love your bangles and sounds like you had great fun making them.
Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
08/09/2011 14:01:20
Jan, A huge Thank You for your lovely 'Inspiration' postcard. I just loved all those extra little messages!

Maria, Thank You for your beautiful September postcard (earliest memory) of 'Cuisenaire rods and learning maths at school'.
Your embroidery is so neat!!

Rosemary, Your postcard is on its way.

Huge apologies for being so late with all of these. Family stuff keeps getting in the way and I'm not sure where all the time has gone.

Ros

Edited By Ros on 08/09/2011 14:02:06

05/09/2011 21:20:51
Thanks Tessa for your vote of confidence! I usually make my drunkards path using templates and handsewing, that is time consuming but the result is much nicer.
05/09/2011 17:51:16

I think my Drunkard's Path is a little tipsy this time! I used the Eleanor Burns method (applique a circle onto the background square and then rotary cut into quarters, 4 times) and it didn't quite work as it should have done. I'm hoping the discrepancies will quilt out.

Tessa, again thank you for your notes and wonderful encouragement. Its hard to believe that there are only a couple more blocks to go. Are you going to lead us through squaring the blocks? Mine are all very different sizes and I've tried so hard to be accurate.

I'm hoping that September will be a better month for me. Hubby was hospitalised last month after cycling into a large tree so needed treatment and lots of TLC. He's bounced back (oops, excuse the pun) to health and has gone to NY for three weeks so I'm hoping to get some sewing time in there somewhere!

Ros

Thread: WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS IT
31/08/2011 09:21:06
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katy
Hope it was special, like you.
Ros x

Thread: Chat
21/08/2011 10:25:02
Margaret, The local catholic priest may be able to help.
Thread: I wish I had made this
21/08/2011 10:18:11
Jan,
It was one of my favourite quilts.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners