By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ros

Here is a list of all the postings Ros has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
17/11/2011 18:16:28

Hello Caz,

Sorry I've been quiet this week - I've just been a bit under the weather since the weekend.

I didn't keep the names, but if you go back to the beginning of the thread you can probably find who took part.

This is a photo of all the charm squares with names on them. Can you read them?

Look forward to seeing your quilt.

Ros x

Thread: CUSHION CAPERS
13/11/2011 09:29:17

Absolutely beautiful cushions, and very hard to choose a favourite!

Ros x

Thread: 2012 Birthday Club
10/11/2011 18:44:54
Hello Katy,
I'd like to be part of it too.
Thank you so much for taking over.
It has been a great year.
Good luck to you and Alison.

Thread: Sewing Room Challenge
05/11/2011 15:38:01
Hi Jan and Caz, It doesn't have to be your number one favourite but I'm sure there is one you'd like to share with us. Could be new, or old, or very old. Or even a non-quilting craft book!
Ros x

04/11/2011 19:30:50

My first two favourite books are on machine applique. I love the style which Poppy Treffrey uses as its so effective and very quick once you get the hang of the technique. Scandinavian Stitches is full of similar fun items.

These two books use wool felt and have some amazing hand stitching projects.

This is a book I've had for ages and never used. When Katy mentioned the November challenge I thought I would check it out and have a go at one of these designs.

Sorry, I can't show you my bookcase as I have rather a lot of books, so keep them well hidden on shelves in my kitchen cupboard!!  Hubby was shocked to hear the other day that when he goes off cycling for the weekend with his friends I treat myself to (at least) one craft book!  Well I think that's more than fair!

Edited By Ros on 04/11/2011 19:37:09

04/11/2011 19:11:39

Are you ready for another challenge?

I thought this week we could share with each other our favourite books.

I love books, and I love to be inspired by them, and I sometimes feel that buying the book is nearly as good as making the quilty item (well almost!)

So please show us your favourites, and if you like a photo of your bookshelf too!

02/11/2011 08:20:18
Thanks Jan for the tip on the magnetic gadget. My machine is just an old fashioned mechanical Bernina so it will be fine. That explains why the gadget only cost me 50p!

Tessa, Your dressmaking scissors look rather lovely. Love the little picture of Abbi.

Thread: Underground Railroad Sampler
02/11/2011 08:12:41

Tessa, Here is the northern star I finished last night. Just got to get the courage to use hubby's printer for the last block. Its his office printer so I daren't mess it up!
Ros

01/11/2011 23:31:38
Tessa, How lovely to see your UR finished and quilted. The blue sashing really finishes it off well and I love the outer border. Well done! Ros x
Thread: Chat
01/11/2011 14:48:09

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for their good wishes and prayers. I'm feeling much brighter today. Hubby bought me a book on Aspergers which I read cover to cover. All sorts of emotions surfaced but its good to know what you're up against. It has only been officially recognised since 1996 so many health professionals don't seem to know much about it unless its extreme. Very difficult to spot what's not normal, especially when you see the same things happening in other family members. I think over time 'Aspies' learn to deal with their difficulties but they will always need very careful handling.

I'm looking forward to getting back to a bit of sewing.

Ros x

01/11/2011 14:28:53

Mmmm, I like the sound of the Kandi Kane Jan! Will check out the link.

A little late, I know, but here are mine.

-Sharp snippy scissors
-Quilter's Quarter (for hand stitching blocks)
-Rouleux Loop Turner
-Magnetic gadget for seam allowances to attach to the machine
-Scissor sharpener
-The little mat they are sitting on I use for my close up blog photos - just a 14" square of calico machine quilted. Its brilliant as it cuts down on glare.
-Lastly my little St Therese medal - she keeps me company when I'm stitching.

Ros x

Thread: Chat
27/10/2011 15:03:20

Thank you everyone <- good tears!
27/10/2011 10:47:08
Just wanted to let you know that although I haven't been in touch for a while, its not because I've forgotten you all (or the olympic quilt for that matter).

I have been in the middle of a family meltdown (not sure when it started) but its been particularly bad since the Spring. Last Thursday the reason suddenly became clear as daylight: Aspergers. Still trying to make sense of it all - why my family, etc?

Would appreciate your prayers
Ros x
Thread: Book Trail
27/10/2011 10:31:16
Thanks Margaret, I arrived this morning. Ros
22/10/2011 08:26:53
Hi Liz,
What a brilliant gadget! I always wondered what sewers used before stitch rippers were invented! Thank you for sharing.
Ros
Thread: An idea for next year?
21/10/2011 22:49:41
I have voted for houses and trees but happy to go with what's decided.

21/10/2011 22:44:08

I thought for this week's sewing challenge we could share our

Favourite, small sewing gadgets

For instance, it could be a favourite ruler, sewing machine foot, marker, scissors, pins, . . . . . Perhaps you have something antique you have inherited from a relative.

Look forward to seeing your photos!

Ros

Liz,
I was planning fabrics for a later date. Can you wait?

Edited By Ros on 21/10/2011 22:45:05

Thread: An idea for next year?
17/10/2011 16:00:55
Hi Katy,
Sounds like a lovely idea, and I'm up for the challenge.
Ros

17/10/2011 15:57:22
Oh my Lord! I am in a state of shock!! 
I wasn't expecting to see quite so many threads.

My offering is pretty modest, but then again I haven't been 'collecting' for very long.

This is my complete collection of threads. I keep my every-day threads in coloured bags in a basket. I'm a messy worker so I find this stops them from getting too tangled. The pretty rayon thread in the yellow boxes are for postcards and arty stuff.  The large tin contains my vintage threads.  The large reels at the front are my quilting threads. And the box of Madeira was a bargain I haven't yet opened.

But these are my favourite threads: vintage cotton and silk. They have been given to me over the years and I love to use them on hand sewing projects, either piecing or quilting. They feel so nice to use and the colours are so mellow.

Ros

Edited By Ros on 17/10/2011 16:13:00

Thread: BLOG STUFF
16/10/2011 14:06:36
Hi again Caz,
I made a decision not to monetise my blog, but if you want to see one that does it very successfully you could look here
Ros

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners