By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ros

Here is a list of all the postings Ros has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Name the block!
25/01/2013 18:53:50

Alison, I know how much you love your hexagons, and I could see the adapted shape which Lucy Boston used, so I was fairly certain it was a POTC. I can't see how you did the black/white block. Is that tiny paper pieced too? I would love to see a close up photo.

Thanks Katy, I shall look forward to my surprise book!

I was lucky enough to visit Lucy Boston's house a few years ago and to see all her amazing hexagon quiilts.

Ros x

Edited By Ros on 25/01/2013 18:56:17

23/01/2013 19:11:44

Hi Alison,

I just dropped by to say hello and saw another of your amazing paper pieced creations!

Is it a Lucy Boston 'Patchwork of the Crosses' block ?

Happy new year to everyone.

Ros x

Thread: Wedding Photo or Two
26/09/2012 23:12:53

Congratulations to you both!

You make a beautiful couple.

Ros x

Thread: WEDDING FUN a competition read carefully - rules apply
09/09/2012 20:35:16

Thank you Jan for a organising such a brilliant game! It has been great seeing all the pictures, and hearing the lovely stories. I celebrated my silver anniversary this week - but I'm not sure how I ever managed to survive those 25 years. crook

Can't wait to hear about Tessa's big day.

Ros

PS Did anyone notice my dress was patched?

08/09/2012 23:07:52

Thanks Jan, that makes it a little easier, though not much.

1. BOLB

2. Caz

3. Juliet

4. Liz

5. Myra

6. Aude

7. Margaret S

8. Katy

9. Winnie

10. Rosemary

11. Angela

12. Annette

13. Mandy

14. Jan

15. Cathy

11 right on this list macro 004.jpg

Edited By BattyJan on 09/09/2012 00:06:38

08/09/2012 16:47:11

Complete guesswork, so here goes:

1. Winnie

2. Mandy

3. Juliet

4. Liz

5. Kate S

6. Irene B

7. Margaret S

8. Katy

9. Caz

10. Chris IOM

11. Angela

12. Annette

13. Myra

14. Rosemary

15. Cathy

9 right on this list macro 004.jpg

Edited By BattyJan on 08/09/2012 23:53:09

Thread: 'TnT' WEDDING of the year on PP Forum
07/09/2012 19:34:04

Dearest Tessa, I hope you and Terry have a lovely day tomorrow. May the Lord bless you both.

Ros xxx

hot rose rainbow love

Thread: FOQ Saturday
07/08/2012 19:25:47

I'll be there.

Thread: OH NO it's the 'O' effect WORD ASSOCIATION.
06/08/2012 22:28:46

Ping Pong

jan says

ping = goes the computer

Pong = my neighbours hahahahavamp

Edited By Battyjan on 07/08/2012 00:34:14

06/08/2012 01:28:49

lawnmower racing

Not an O sport, but perhaps it could be one day.

Jan says

hahaha excellent, good one Ros. ROFLMSO  vamp

Edited By Battyjan on 07/08/2012 00:26:43

Thread: STAR SIGNS FUN GAME
16/07/2012 00:04:22

Gemini is my star sign - the twins. Introvert and Extrovert, Imaginative, Indecisive, impulsive, and can hold opposing views at the same time!! Geminis are very independent and don't like to be constrained by anyone or anything: freedom rules! Always trying new things and will have a whole host of unfinished projects.

Sorry if I made you feel dizzy with that list, but they are all true!

Just as well the rest of my family have a much calmer outlook and keep me grounded.

face 23

Thread: Olympic Quilt for 2012
27/06/2012 20:33:33

Thanks Marian, I will keep a look out in tomorrow's post for the label.

Thread: How will you get to the F.O.Q??
21/06/2012 20:26:39

Hi Nutty Net, First year I went (2010) the journey was by car/train etc and was never ending, though quite pleasant as I was with a friend and spent the journey chatting about life and quilting things. Last year I went on my own and as I only had a couple of hours free I drove (hour and a half each way) and it was a breeze. Parking was straightforward and very close, so this year that will be my preferred option. Will probably be there on Saturday.

Ros x

Thread: Chat
19/06/2012 22:57:44

Glenda, I love your pretty quilt - well done!

19/06/2012 22:55:44

Thank you all for your lovely messages! It was a great team effort, so thank you to everyone who took part. I am sure the recipient will absolutely love it.

I was hoping to get time to start some of my own sewing, but have inadvertantly taken up singing in a local production. Not sure how that happened! I wrote one of those silly lists (things to do before you die) and put 'learn to sing' at the top of the list. Hahahahaha, now I've found myself in the chorus of Sound of Music first week of July. Scared silly, but I'm hoping it will be fun. face 2

Ros x

notefemale

Thread: Strip Swap!
14/06/2012 08:46:12

Katy, Please add me to the list. I love red and white quilts!

Ros x

14/06/2012 08:43:21

A few of you may remember this project we started in 2011, and which went quiet for a while! A number of personal issues, including major building works and family health issues, meant that I was slow to fulfil my obligations to quilt and post it off. They have assigned over 500 quilts for the countries taking part and have suggested that our quilt goes to an athlete at the Special Olympics.

It is now finished and Katy is preparing a label to attach - does anyone have suggestions for wording on the label?

I have included an email from the co-ordinator thanking us for our work.

Thank you all for bearing with me, I never expected it to take so long!!

Ros x

Gift of Quilts for 2012

Hi Ros and ladies of the PP Forum,

Well done, what an effort and thank you for still persevering with the quilt and for it to be presented to the Special Olympics. All the quilts for the Special Olympics will be for Special Olympic athletes and sports ambassadors who will be carrying a torch, volunteering at The Games or are able bodies sportsmen & women who are ambassadors for the Special Olympics, all in keeping with the projects aim linked to The Games. I have already handed over 10 quilts to 10 torch bearers and they and their families were thrilled with them, in the past all they have had are scarves and they all felt very proud to have a link to the Olympics. Please thank everyone involved.

Many thanks
Jenny Rundle

Thread: 2012 Birthday Club
05/06/2012 14:03:28

A really huge THANK YOU to you all! For the wonderful selection of blue fabric which seemed to be never ending when I was unwrapping the packages, and all the beautiful birthday cards and your good wishes. I was truly overwhelmed by it all!

I shared my day with the local celebrations for the Queen's diamond jubilee, so it was quite a day to remember. We had a special mass for the Queen, followed by a picnic, cake and a string quartet (the 'cellist had been on the Thames for Sunday's celebrations!) In the evening we assembled on the village green for lighting of the jubilee torch and had glasses of bubbly whilst singing the national anthem. It doesn't get much better than that!!!

We're just sitting here waiting for the fly-past overhead (they will come by here just a few minutes before going on to central London and we always get a grandstand view for these occasions!)

Thank you all again for making my day really special,

Ros x

heart

Birthday Club 2012

Birthday Club 2012

01/06/2012 23:50:59

Cathy, Your squishy arrived this morning.

Thank you, Ros heart

30/05/2012 21:40:49

Claire, Your squishy arrived this morning, thank you.

Thank you Katy for your good wishes - have a lovely holiday weekend.

Ros x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues