By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Angela

Here is a list of all the postings Angela has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Postcard from Katy.jpg
11/11/2008 15:54:00

Katy that's a lovely card - along with lighthouses castles are amongst my favourite buildings and I've been there too!  And what a lovely touch to put a photo of your daughter on there too...hmmm...the cogs in my brain are working overtime now

Angela 

Thread: Batik Swap!
11/11/2008 15:51:00

Thanks for organizing this Katy!  I'll get washing and cutting on my day off on Thursday and hopefully get it all in the post to you on Friday...This is all so new to me and I'm really enjoying myself!

Bring on the cutters!

Angela 

Thread: Postcard swap
10/11/2008 15:45:00

Help Katy!

I've just received Tessa's lovely postcard but can't find the Group 1 Gallery to post it into!  I may be looking in the wrong place as I am still trying to find my way around this site, but I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction!

BTW...I am so enjoying this task and am now on my 2nd postcard with a third and fourth in the planning stages

Thanks Katy!

Angela 

09/11/2008 10:06:00

Thanks Tessa...I'll certainly let you know - I cant wait!!

Angela

Thread: DSCN2124.jpg
08/11/2008 15:53:00

Ros, your card is lovely - it's lovely and bright and has lots of movement in it!  I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone else has interpreted the theme 'Holiday'.

Angela 

08/11/2008 14:28:00

I've finished my card !  I've really loved making it and hope Helen G will like it!

So, Helen G it will be winging its way to you on Monday morning - please would you let me know when it arrives so I can post a photo.   I will be posting it in an envelope - I'm afraid I don't trust Royal Mail not to mess it up and I've had such a lot of trouble with them lately I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Angela 

08/11/2008 09:12:00

Yes, janet...I just found that out - I've almost finsihed my card and I'm already pondering over making another!  I have another 8 pieces of the vilene cut out but also have more of the vilene left to cut, but you're right - this is addictive .  I hope my recipient, Helen G, likes her card!

Tessa you are so lucky working in a fabric shop - the only one near me is in a corner of the top floor of John Lewis!  We do actually have a shop which for me is two bus-rides and and a long walk, so I tend to shop online for my fabric.   I will certainly get in touch if I run out of vilene .

Angela 

Thread: Ideas for an Autumn Swap
07/11/2008 14:37:00

Hi Katy...I've just noticed this thread and would like to participate in a batik swap if it goes ahead.  I just love batiks

Angela 

07/11/2008 14:27:00

Hope you enjoyed your fish & chips Tessa - I had to make do with a sandwich and a bag of crisps at work, but I'm home now and will start my postcard once I've had a coffee and a mars bar (for energy, you understand )  I've looked at your first postcard and it's gorgeous - I can't wait to see mine

Do you work in a quilt shop?  I don't think I'll need any more vilene as I bought a metre but I don't think it was as reasonably priced as yours...but I know where to come should I run out!

Happy sewing!

Angela 

06/11/2008 14:19:00
Ahh, thanks Tessa - I'll look forward to receiving it x
06/11/2008 09:21:00

Thanks for the info Janet...I think Cotton Patch still have Timtex but I've got a metre of the Pelmet Vilene so I'll see how I get on with that - I've got loads of bondaweb (whatever did I do before I discovered that?!!!) so I will be able to bond it ok. 

Now there's only one more day to go - just in time for the weekend!  When my workmates ask if I have any plans for the weekend I always say 'me-time' - which means sewing!

Roll on Friday

Angela

05/11/2008 15:22:00

Thanks Tessa, that's a good idea.  It won't be long now  - I'm really looking forward to participating in this swap!

Janet, I think I have got the right stuff - it was how it was advertised anyway!  I dare say I'll get by one way or another so not to worry if it is too stiff.

Angela

04/11/2008 15:52:00

I also got my pelmet vilene and was really surprised at how stiff it was - will the needle go through it ok??  It's a stiffener like interfacing but REALLY stiff!!  Mine isn't fusible though but I don't suppose that will matter. I got mine off eBay and it arrived really quickly so if anyone would like the link let me know.

Angela

29/10/2008 17:14:00

I'm in too - I'll look forward to making these...it will be fun won't it?

Angela 

Thread: Poppies
25/10/2008 08:19:00

Thanks again Janet...I was relly pleased how this turned out - QU has taught me so much, especially about how to produce something like this with not an awful lot of experience.

Angela

Thread: Purple Darned Quilt
25/10/2008 08:16:00

Hi Janet,

Thank you very much!  I'm so glad I found this group...there's such a lot of inspiration here!

Angela 

Thread: Poppies
21/10/2008 15:30:00
Thanks very much ladies...this is one of my favourites and I never knew that I could produce something like this - it's all thanks to a good teacher!
Thread: Purple Darned Quilt
17/10/2008 13:40:00

Hi Cath,

Thank you so much for your kind comments - I really enjoyed this class and have made 5 variations altogether! 

This purple one I gave to a work colleague as a leaving gift, also the brightly coloured one for a young girl who left us to go to Medical School.   The blue one I entered into theFestival of Quilts along with Jenny 'n' Jack - the first time I had entered, and I really enjoyed the experience!

Angela 

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners