By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Angela

Here is a list of all the postings Angela has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
29/09/2012 14:27:09

Yes Liz, we were around that area! What a shame I couldn't get on here otherwise we might have been able to meet up! We went to Devizes one day too - spent a bit of time down by the canal with the swans and gorgeous fluffy (large) cygnets! That was a lovely part I wasn't expecting to find.

We actually stayed in Froxfield, between Marlborough and Hungerford, but it wasn't until we got to a town that I could get a signal and even that was hit and miss sometimes. As I said it was a bit frustrating with MIL not being well, but luckily nothing untoward happened.

One thing that made us laugh were the phone boxes. In the 'old days' we would 'phone home' from a box no problem, but now they're full of books!! Great fun I thought This one's in Longstock...

Telephone Box Library

What a beautiful part of the world though...

Angela x

27/09/2012 16:52:55

Hi everyone...I'm just checking in as I've been away for a couple of weeks in the wilds of Wiltshire with no internet access!!!!!! crook For someone like me it was a huge culture shock. I had no signal on my phone either until we travelled out to a town so I was relieved to find that nothing had happened to MIL whilst we were away - we almost didn't go as she's quite bad now. You'd think in this day and age phone signal coverage would be a lot better!

I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words about the slice quilt on my blog. I don't think it will come over to the UK as it would cost too much to send (and send back!!) and I'm not planning on going to the FOQ next year, or any other shows at the moment. The other ladies are always entering shows and are used to it, but it's not for me. I'm just happy to have played a small part in its creation.

Angela

Thread: Wedding Photo or Two
27/09/2012 16:31:18

Beautiful photos Tessa What a wonderful day to remember!

Ang xx

Thread: 'TnT' WEDDING of the year on PP Forum
08/09/2012 08:52:57

Have an absolutely wonderful wedding day Tessa & Terry love

Lots of love & hugs

Ang xoxox

Thread: 2012 Birthday Club
08/09/2012 08:50:58

I always make sure my birthday covers a few days face 23 ...this year I'm having a long weekend

Have a great time whenever you celebrate it Jan...you deserve it!

Love

Ang xx

Thread: 2012 PP Online Quilt Show!
03/09/2012 16:11:50

Congratulations Alison, well deserved! It's an absolutely beautiful quilt

Angela xx

30/08/2012 20:27:00

Jan, your squishie went in the post today

Angela

30/08/2012 20:25:54

Hi Katy & Jan...I received my prize today for winning with my New York Skyline - thank you so much, the fabrics and ATC are beautiful

Angelaface 23

30/08/2012 14:15:43

Have a wondeful day Katy...lots of love love & hugs hug 2

Ang xx

Thread: Jams Secret Service
26/08/2012 15:54:53

Many apologies for my lateness in posting photos of my lovely needlecase from Di. I don't know where this week went!! Thank you so much Di, it's perfect and is going in my handbag The fabric is gorgeous too and thanks for the extra!

Needlecase from Di

Inside needlecase

Mini Art Quilt from Irene

And here is a lovely surprise I received from Irene...how lovely is this? Just my kind of thing too Thank so much Irene I absolutely love it!

Angela x

Edited By EYE on 31/08/2012 01:39:20

Thread: Tessa's Tears!!
25/08/2012 08:55:04

Well done NN, what a great video! You've missed your way

Ang x

25/08/2012 08:44:19

Hugs from me too Caz love

Ang xx

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2012
16/08/2012 09:33:56
Have a safe journey everyone...see you tomorrow or Saturday hopefully
15/08/2012 19:10:41

Well I've arrived!! Very wet and windswept but tomorow promises to be better. We called at a National Trust property on the way called Moseley Old Hall...wow - it was so old and steeped in history! Tomorrow we're off to Baddesley Clinton, another NT property. So I will be 'coming thru' on Friday and Saturday at the FOQ...can't wait to meet up with you all again

Angela x

14/08/2012 12:27:09

Hey! Woohoo!! I was thrilled to see that I have won the Postcards/Bookmarks/ATCs category...thank you judges Everyone's work is wonderful which makes it even more special!

Thanks again

Ang face 23 xx

Thread: Is this a really bad idea?
12/08/2012 11:32:40

Katy as you know I'm a Janome girl and I searched high and low before buying mine 6 years ago. I eventually got a new one from John Lewis but they don't do Bernina. I did find this one though that is an ex-demo for £400 odd more than the one on ebay and you would get a 12 month guarantee which you wouldn't get from ebay.

Personally for a purchase such as this I would avoid ebay completely and would pay the extra but definitely shop around. it's a shame you don't have anything to trade in and some places do good deals. I'm not sure if David Drummond does Bernina but he does do good deals - I got my embellisher from him - and if you mention PP he might even knock a bit more off! I just checked the advert in PP and he does do Bernina so give him a ring - he's a lovely man and the staff are also very helpful.

If you can afford to buy new then I'd get a new one (or ex-demo), but as I said, I'd forget ebay altogether unless it's a reputable store you've heard of.

Let us know how you get on

Ang x

10/08/2012 14:18:15

I think we may have to wait until we get a programme Tess I've looked on Google but to no avail. I do have a list of exhibitors with the stand numbers but I do like to have a floor plan too. If I do come across one I'll post a link...unless Katy's got one or knows where to get one

Ang x

Thread: 'TnT' WEDDING of the year on PP Forum
10/08/2012 14:11:22

Oooh I bet you're getting sooo excited now teeth 2 I know my DIL was two months ago (gosh is it only 2 months...seems ages ago now!)

As for my own wedding I don't remember much about it - it was so long ago hahaha!! Actually I think I must have just been on auto-pilot and went along with the flow (the same happend during my driving test - I remember nothing of that either - but I passed!!) One thing I do remember is my 3 year old cousin at the time in the middle of the dance floor singing Happy Birthday - oh and I trapped my thumb in the car door after the reception and went on my honeymoon with a black & blue thumb

But of course your wedding will be fantastic Tess...very best wishes to you both for a wonderful day!

Ang xx

Edited By Angela on 10/08/2012 14:12:00

Thread: Jams Secret Service
07/08/2012 20:20:39

You don't want to know Katy ;o) x

Thread: FOQ Saturday
07/08/2012 20:17:38

...and me again!!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners