By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Angela

Here is a list of all the postings Angela has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
10/08/2013 21:58:58

Thanks Pam...yes she is very alert - probably scared of missing something like her Nan!! Lol

10/08/2013 21:08:09

Thanks Liz & Irene...I still can't get over just how much like her dad she is - looking at the baby photos it could be the same baby!!

Thread: FoQ 2013
10/08/2013 19:36:37

Ooh yes Fiona, you're right! I'm already looking forward to teaching her to quilt

10/08/2013 19:12:15

Thanks Fiona...she was almost a week overdue and my stomach was turning cartwheels!

10/08/2013 18:57:40

Hi everyone! I'm proud to announce that I am now the proud Nan of Isabelle Rose born yesterday 7lb 7oz...here she is with the Minkee Blankee I made her...and she's the image of her dad!! I can't wait to teach her to quilt!!

Isabelle Rose

Angela face 23

10/08/2013 18:54:08

Aww I'm so sorry I missed the FOQ this year - you all look as though you had a great time! It doesn't seem to look as crowded as last year...was it? It's lovely to see familiar faces...I must make an effort to go next year

Anyway..as it happens I'm also glad I decided not to go as yesterday I became the proud Nan of Isabelle Rose...I'll post a photo in the chat thread.

Angelaface 23

07/08/2013 17:19:14

Oh by the way...we're still awaiting the 'happy event' - 4 days overdue now...

Ang dont know

07/08/2013 17:17:47

Hi all you FOQ-ers! I'm sorry I won't be there either this year but I will be there in spirit! Have a wonderful time...I'll look out for your photos and gossip

Love Ang face 23 x

21/07/2013 21:35:26

Thanks everyone...I'll certainly let you know re the happy event and if I get my wish of reduced hours

Love...Ang xxface 23

19/07/2013 19:55:31

Thanks Tessa...I'll keep you all informed!

Enjoy the FOQ everyone

Love Ang xx face 23

19/07/2013 19:53:49

Thanks Irene...yes maybe next year

Keep cool!

Love Ang xx face 23

19/07/2013 15:16:47

Awww...now the time is almost upon us I wish I was going! I was so tired after last year I decided to give it a miss this time and DH was quite disappointed as he enjoys his time on his own! As it happens I would rather be here as Grandbaby Huddart is due around the same time and the maternal grandparents will be on holiday!

Maybe next year though

Hope it went well today for you Marion x

Ang xx

19/07/2013 14:46:15

Hello Strangers!

I'm so sorry I haven't been very active on here of late :-/ So much has happened and is happening! As many of you know I am soon to be a Grandma (or Nan as I reckon I'll be called) for the first time, so I've been very busy knitting and making gifts for the new arrival to be. the trouble is we don't know the sex so apart from unisex items I've also been making stuff for boys & girls. I could have made a quilt to suit either but you know me and I had to make one of each...

Boy Quilt & Girl Quilt

...and here's a close-up...

Close up of baby quilts

Anyway...the hot weather has put paid to any quilting now so I'm glad they're finished! There are just 2 more weeks now until the due date & Nat had a baby shower a couple of weeks ago - she got so many presents! We didn't have them in my day (oh dear I'm sounding like a Grandma already!!) but we had a nice get together and I gave her a bag of goodies...

Baby Shower Bag

...Jenny made the teddy - yes I'm getting her into sewing...and she's even learning to knit

Here are all our Baby Shower gifts...

Baby Shower goodies

Another piece of news I have is that we have finally sold my dad's house which means there is now light at the end of tunnel for me to be able to take early retirement from work I'd love to be able to help out with childcare for the baby and now it seems I can afford to - everything is happening at the same time!

So all is good in this household at the moment, especially after my recent health scare when the docs thought I was having a heart attack!! I was rushed off to A&E, had numerous tests and was given a clean bill of health and told to be more careful when lifting heavy stuff - that was like winning the lottery in itself!

I hope everyone is ok in this heatwave...personally I'm 'living in a cave' and being really appreciative of the air conditioning at work!! Take care everyone!

Love...Ang xx face 23

Thread: Angela's Tablet Pattern
29/05/2013 22:45:30

Hey that looks great Carol smiley...I love the fabric! Not been on here for a while as laptop has has died so just got my tablet. I use it mainly to look at pages and still getting used to typing on it! I will reply to your email as soon as I can.

I've also been very busy knitting and sewing for the new arrival...due in 10 weeks Marian - the time has flown by!

Ang x

Thread: Ice Cream Strip Swap
23/04/2013 18:36:20

Thanks ladies...I did hang it for a bit but when I took it down it just got piled up with the others. Then I realised I needed a new cover and thought of that. Just had another thought...I could also turn it upside down & put handles on to make a big bag if I got fed up with it

Ang x

23/04/2013 16:33:50

Thanks Carol...yes it's back and thank goodness it wasn't the circuit board! She's sewing beautifully now and so quiet...so I treated her to this cover

Ang x

23/04/2013 15:47:33

I can't believe it was 2009 when we had this strip swap! If you remember I ended up with a wall hanging featuring beach huts (what else!) and it did go up on the wall for a bit until something else came along. Today I decided to make something of it once and for all and turned it into a sewing machine cover for my newly serviced and repaired Janome.

I wonder if there's anything else I can recycle

Ang x

Edited By Angela on 23/04/2013 15:48:21

14/04/2013 13:45:17

Congratulations Juliet She's such a little doll! Hope mum is doing well too

My turn in August

Ang xx

Thread: PP Dec 2012 Winter Cushions
21/03/2013 16:28:41

My pleasure Sue x

Thanks Katy x

19/03/2013 14:10:53

Thanks Carol...Sue I have PM'd you just now

Angela x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners