By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Angela

Here is a list of all the postings Angela has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2012 Birthday Club
06/02/2015 14:51:33

Thanks Fiona smiley x

04/02/2015 22:08:56

Thanks again everyone...I can think of you all every time I look at it smiley

Angela lovex

03/02/2015 19:58:17

Thanks again everyone...it was a real labour of love and I'm glad I saw it through to the end! There were some fiddly little pieces in there frown x

03/02/2015 16:11:00

Thanks everyone smiley xx

03/02/2015 15:46:30

Thanks Rosemary smiley x

03/02/2015 15:29:38

Front

Finished at last!

Hello Ladies...long time no post I'm afraid but I just had to show you what I've just finished using mainly all those beautiful bright batik fabrics some of you sent me for the 2012 Birthday Club. They had been sitting in their basket just waiting for the right design to come along and although it's not one of my designs I couldn't resist using them for this quilt when I saw the book.

The book I used is Tula Pink City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks and I originally started making this quilt last March along with two other friends online. Over the months we all gradually dropped off and it got put to one side. When this year started I got the urge to finish the last 30-odd blocks and set to aiming to do a block a day. I managed to do more and soon got them all finished. Then came the decision on how to put it all together and after a lot of deliberation I decided to sash it in black and then just bind it also in black.

Here is the back...

Back

...I quilted daisies in each block using bright variegated thread and straight stitching in the sashing in black. It measures approx 72" x 72".

I hope you like what I've done with your beautiful batiks...and I've still got more left over for another project smiley

Angela

Thread: FOQ 2014
23/02/2014 13:53:35

Yes I think I'll make the effort for next year instead...I might be more settled by then (still trying to get used to being a 'lady of leisure'!!)

Ang x

20/02/2014 19:20:24

oooh Jayne thanks I hadn't thought of that! Yes she's 6 months old now and the time has just flown by. I'll be sorry to miss everyone this year especially after I'd talked myself into it but there will always be next year

Ang xx

20/02/2014 12:27:52

I was actually thinking of going this year having missed last year as Baby Belle was due - but the dates now clash with her 1st birthday dont know ...I wouldn't like to miss it so I do't think I'll make it again. Maybe next year...

Ang x

Thread: Chat
09/01/2014 10:24:30
Hahaha Irene no no plans for the book yet. ..others do it so much better than I could! But you never know
Yes I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually and like you said Pam especially when the weather gets better. I want to sort the garden out and grow veggies
But for now I've got a lot of quilting to do to keep me occupied! !
Angela
08/01/2014 16:56:22

Well I've been left work for a week now and still struggling to get into a routine! On a positive note I've lost 4lbs in weight probably as 've not been snacking constantly as I used to at work! I've also been walking a bit more - been into the village twice to meet my daughter from work just for something to do!

I'm working away on the quilt for my son's birthday and once that's finished I've got new projects in mind for the magazine. I've also been adding more things to my Etsy Shop and there also may be a chance to have a stall to sell them by the end of February where my daughter works. So fingers crossed for that

That's wonderful news, Marlene, Sylvia & Liz, I'm so pleased for you. Hopefully 2014 will be a good year for us all!

Angela x

01/01/2014 14:46:06

Congratulations Irene! How lovely to be recognised in this way. Have a wonderful time at the garden party

Angela x

01/01/2014 14:42:32

Thanks Irene x

01/01/2014 13:41:00

Thanks Juliet x

01/01/2014 11:17:29

Thanks Liz! At the moment I feel a bit like a fish out of water but it's only the first day! It will feel strange not to be getting up at 6.30am tomorrow to go to work dont know ...I dare say I'll soon get used to it though

Thanks Pam ...yes I'm finding the type smaller too but that could just be my eyes!

Ang x

Edited By Angela on 01/01/2014 11:18:57

01/01/2014 10:51:42

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope to pop in more often now that I'm a 'Lady of Leisure' Yes, I took the plunge at last and left my job on 31st December to start the new year feeling excited and apprehensive at the same time about what the future will hold from now on. The first thing I must set my mind to is quilting my 'Black & White & Red All Over' quilt which I will be giving my son for his birthday at the end of January.

002sm.jpg

The photo looks a bit out of focus but hopefully I'll be able to get a better one when it's quilted!

Love Ang x rose

25/12/2013 08:21:13
Merry Christmas everyone x
19/08/2013 19:34:57

Hi everyone! I'm glad those of you who went to the FOQ enjoyed it! I was busy having cuddles with my new grandbaby and making a couple of quilts

Here is one of the quilts I made at the request of a work colleague for her gand-daughter. She wanted butterflies & bees etc and was thrilled when I gave it to her today...

birds & bees.jpg

And this little quilt I've made for someone who's not having a good pregnancy - she's been very sick throughout so I can empathise with her as I was too with both mine. I feel really sorry for her so decided to try to cheer her up with this little quilt...

teddy small.jpg

I'm not sure what to do now...maybe get designing another project for PP

Ang x

19/08/2013 19:16:51

That's absolutely lovely Tess! I've got the book but still to have a go myself - you've encouraged me now I love the fabrics!

Ang xx

11/08/2013 20:40:53

Thank you everyone for your kind words about Isabelle Rose - I had my first cuddle today smile ... She's such a lovely placid baby - hardly cries and when she does let out a squeak it sounds like a kitten's meow!

Congratulations to your daughter Pam...what a lovely photo! And lucky her going to Whitby - I know that quilt shop very well

Angela

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners