By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Angela

Here is a list of all the postings Angela has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Christmas Wishes
23/12/2015 22:45:13
Just popping in to wish you all a lovely Christmas and a happy new year.
I've been quiet again for a while as my daughter was admitted to hospital last week and gave birth to a 2lb 4oz baby boy 8 weeks early! Baby Samuel has a heart problem which can be corrected with an operation at Alder Hey when he has doubled in weight. ..so I've had my Christmas present
Sending hugs and best wishes to those who are needing them at this time.
Much love
Ang xxx
Thread: Secret Santa 2015
16/12/2015 18:51:38

Thank you Secret Santa my parcel arrived today

Angxx

28/11/2015 12:30:20

Mine's ready to go too...just waiting to find out now if we put our names on or not face 23

Ang

Thread: Chat
19/11/2015 10:11:51

Love and hugs to you Mandy xoxo

Thread: Secret Santa 2015
11/11/2015 21:23:50

I've PM'd you Kay face 23

09/11/2015 16:05:27

Please count me in too Kay smile

Ang x

Thread: New Baby Births
09/11/2015 16:03:32

Congratulations Sandy! face 23

Ang x

09/11/2015 16:02:15

So sorry to hear your sad news Carol...my thoughts are with you and Heather's family.

Ang x

Thread: Hug Hearts for September (and October)
03/11/2015 16:46:56

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for the hug hearts - they were such a surprise...a lovely one face 23

I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet - maybe a bag or a small quilt for Sam. I'll keep you updated on how he's getting on. DD has another scan at the beginning of December I think.

Thanks again everyone!

Love Ang xx heart

Thread: Cushion inspired by Kerry's quilt
31/10/2015 16:30:31

That's beautiful Daisy...what a great idea!

Ang x

31/10/2015 12:19:29

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments...we're starting to feel a lot more positive now smiley.

Pam your wall hangings are beautiful!

Rosemary although I think your Cyberman is fabulous I might get nightmares! Forget the Daleks, these scare me the most! I once had a nightmare where I was hiding under a table in a stately home from Cybermen marching through face 21.

Angela

28/10/2015 09:05:10

Thanks Irene, Alison & Liz. Baby Sam is actually due 11th Feb but she's been told he could be early - she is 25 weeks now. It's a big worry but we know that he'll be in the best hands.

Angela

27/10/2015 22:09:11

Thank you Rosemary and Pam...we're staying positive and at least we have been forewarned - thank goodness for ultrasound scans!

Angela x

27/10/2015 14:06:39

I'm back from yet another wonderful week in Anglesey! I've been following your posts though.

Katy I was gutted for you when I read your news!! But now hope that you're able to get back to sewing again laugh.

Winnie I'm glad you're home and hopefully your son is doing well now.

I have some news of my own. My daughter is expecting a baby early next year but she has just found out that he has something wrong with his heart valves meaning he will need an operation either as soon as he is born or at 18 months old - they will assess the situation when he's born. This means she will have to have him at St Mary's in Manchester and when he has the operation this will be at Alder Hey in Liverpool - how on earth we're going to get there I've no idea frown. They also said he would have to be fed through a tube for a while. She's being very strong though and she knows she's got us to rely on to help out whenever she needs us. But why can't things be straightforward?

For some reason she seems to have latched onto anything to do with foxes for him - let's hope he'll like everything foxy! I'm making a quilt for him adapted from a pattern I saw online, she's bought a tote changing bag with foxes on, a fox pram toy and I'm getting him a fox cuddly toy instead of a teddy. Today I received some beautiful plush fabric like Minky to make a cuddle blanket with tags on...

Fox Plush Fabric

For the time being though I'm making an Olaf quilt from a panel for Isabelle for Christmas and backing it in fleece featuring the princesses...I'll post photos later smiley.

Thread: Juliet's quilt for Mead Quilters Exhibition
27/10/2015 13:45:09

What a fabulous quilt Juliet smiley

Angela x

15/10/2015 14:54:28

Thanks Katy! If I go quiet again for a bit over the next two months it's because I'll be back at work covering holidays. I can't wait! It is good to have some days off though - we went to Dunham Massey on Tuesday which was a beautiful day out smiley. Love your photos Liz...here are mine from Tuesday...

lake.jpg

tree.jpg

Your photos are lovely Katy...my neighbour had a bush like yours all different colours and I was going to take photos of it but she cut it back!! She's a bit obsessive about her garden and obviously thought it was about to shed all those lovely leaves over her immaculate driveway!!

Ang x

14/10/2015 09:57:34

Thanks everyone...glad you like the quilt! I wasn't at all sure about it but the little boy loves it and it turns out that his mum had already decided to decorate his bedroom cartoony-style so it will go really well smiley

Carol & Tess I'm glad you had a lovely time and the weather was good too!

Ang xx

13/10/2015 09:27:40
Thanks Pam!
Hello again Di and Tessa! Have a super time at Just Sew with Carol 😊

Angela x
12/10/2015 19:03:40

Thanks Glenda! smiley x

12/10/2015 10:26:00

Hello everyone!

I'm just checking in after far too long! I'm going to try to pop in more often now I promise smiley . I've been back at work over the past few months doing holiday and sickness cover so that's slowed down the quilting a bit - I don't know how I used to do as much as I did as well as working! Anyway, I did get chance to make a quilt for a lady (or rather her son) who has given my daughter a lot of baby stuff as she is expecting at the end of January. I wasn't keen on it as I was making it but it went down really well when she gave it him so it was all worth it in the end! I made 2 cushions for him too...all from a Star Wars duvet cover with some star design fabric as sashing and on the back...

2015-09-26 18.00.41.jpg

I'm also in the middle of a quilt for my daughter's new bed which she has designed - all made up of 2 1/2" HSTs surprise. After that she wants a quilt for the baby - fox faces...so that will be something to keep me quiet over the winter!

I hope that those of you who went to the FOQ this year had a great time!

Angela x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners