By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Angela

Here is a list of all the postings Angela has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Thank you everyone
03/03/2017 13:56:31
I'm so happy for you Katy...best wishes for the future ...love and hugs
Ang xx
Thread: Chat
15/04/2016 08:37:32
Cathy I do hope they sort you out soon. Love and warm hugs to you
Ang xxx
14/04/2016 19:21:33
Fiona I'll be thinking about you tomorrow xxx
Best wishes to you too Maria xxx
09/04/2016 12:59:32
That's great news Maria 😊.
Best wishes
Ang x
Thread: Show and Tell
05/04/2016 19:12:18
Wow! Thanks so much Katy! Could you surprise me with 'something else'?
Lovely quilts everyone else too
Ang xx
Thread: Chat
08/03/2016 10:14:20

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments about my quilts and Jenny & Sam - I'm hoping to go over to Liverpool to see them this weekend

Yes of course you can put the quilts into the show and tell thread, Katy ...thanks face 23

Hugs to Fiona and Cathy and Glenda hughug 2

Katy I'm loving the orange teeth 2

Ang xx

06/03/2016 10:34:44

Rosemary I love your star quilt! face 23

Myra so sorry to hear about your daughter and that you've had a bad experience...I hope she's recovering well now x

06/03/2016 10:29:53

Here are the quilts I've been making lately. I'm making for Sam but also donating some to the Neonatal unit at Saint Mary's Manchester.

Incubator quilt

This is an incubator quilt - they place these on top of the incubators to keep the light off.

neonatal quilts

These are neonatal quilts which can be used to cover the babies - I made 3 all together from the leftovers from the incubator quilt.

playmat - number side

This is a playmat for Sam with bright numbers and animals on one side...

Playmat letter side

...and bright letters and animals on the other. I love this quilt quilt and it couldn't have been easier - I made it in 2 days but it only took that long because I hand stitched down the binding.

Finally another very quick and easy quilt - this is a Bunnykins panel I bought at Harrogate many years ago and never got round to making up - until now! This is flannel.

Bunnykins

Sam's going to end up like The Princess and the Pea with all the quilts he has now

Ang x

06/03/2016 10:20:25

Thank you to everyone who has sent good wishes to Sam and congratulations to everyone with new arrivals or impending new arrivals face 23. Here is an up to date photo of little Sam. He is now over his infection so they tell us he could be having his heart operation a week on Tuesday. He's now 10 weeks old - where does the time go! I've been busy making quilts to try to keep my mind off things - it's not working so I'm having to keep it simple ortherwise I make mistakes ...I'll post photos of those separately

jenny & sam.jpg

29/02/2016 20:47:58

Thanks Liz - I've found the video and think I can work it out...hopefully! Now to decide which fabric to make it in We're not sure what will happen after Sam's had his operation, whether he will be on medication or not but we do know he'll need another when he's about 18 months old. Best wishes to your little one

Love Ang xx

29/02/2016 14:30:28

She's just beautiful Liz! Congratulations and best wishes to you all

I love the baby nest - I'm going to have find out how to make one for our baby Sam for when he comes home. He's currently in Alder Hey and should be having his operation either end of this week or early next week so hopefully it won't be too long now.

Ang x

13/02/2016 09:47:10
Hi Jayne, yes I've heard of them. But when he was born they gave did something similar with tiny knitted cardys. They don't seem to now but she is able to hold him now he's a little bigger. He's almost 5lbs now.
It's a lovely idea as both mine were premature and we didn't have anything like that then! I think I might make a few to donate to the NICU along with the quilts I'm making 😊 xx
13/02/2016 09:37:56
Ooh lovely, Pam! Have a great time and report back

Update on Sam - he had a small operation last night to fit a line into his chest to carry his heart drug. He came through it well and it looks as though he'll be going to Alder Hey sometime next week. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers for him xxx
11/02/2016 15:58:49
Thanks Margaret and Carol...I've just heard from Jenny and she said they've decided to wait until he weighs 2.5kg (about 5 1/2lbs)before transferring him which will be about 7-10 days. In the meantime he's going to have a small operation to fit a line that will give him the drugs needed while waiting for his heart op. Poor little soul.
I'm busy trying to take my mind off things by makings some small quilts to donate to the unit. I'll post photos when they're finished x
11/02/2016 14:09:49

Thanks again everyone. Not so good news today - it's possible he'll be transferred to Alder Hey very soon as he's not doing very well at the moment. Hopefully once he's had the operation he'll start perking up. Poor little soul is only 8 weeks old tomorrow and is already a big part of our lives. I'll keep you updated.

Hugs and love to everyone else who needs them.

Ang xx

10/02/2016 19:32:25
Hahaha. ..thanks Winnie xx
10/02/2016 19:02:15

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. I've been waiting for my daughter to update me on how things are with Sam. they are now considering going to Alder Hey sooner rather than later and having the CT scan there before doing the operation and she was waiting to speak to his consultant. She hasn't got back to me yet but I'll let you know when she does. It's such a worrying time :-/ But we keeping our fingers crossed.

Ang xx

09/02/2016 17:53:26

I've just popped in to thank everyone for their good wishes and gifts for little Sam. He's 7 weeks old now and waiting for a CT scan of his heart before he can go to Alder Hey for his operation. He's putting weight on and last weekend I even got to hold him for the first time

Sam

26/12/2015 12:06:38

I just wanted to share with you this lovely photo of Baby Samuel holding his mum's finger...it shows just how tiny he is! I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday face 23

Sam

Ang xx

Thread: Secret Santa 2015
26/12/2015 11:56:57

Thank you Secret Santa for my beautiful gift - a set of 6 Christmassy mats which really could easily be used throughout the year too smile . I hope everyone had a lovely day!

2015-12-26 11.33.42.jpg

Happy Boxing Day!

Ang xx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues