By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
27/11/2016 12:26:06

Rosemary, posted your birthda squishy yesterday, your postman-woman is going to be busy!

Marai.

20/11/2016 11:47:28

Thankyou Rosemary.

Im in, whichever is decided, Im happy to use an already precut, but cutting a whole width straight might prove challenging to me, so Fionas idea is good.

Fiona, glad to hear there is some improvement. hughug 2

Maria

Thread: Can You Guess the book title?
20/11/2016 10:32:55

around the world in 80 days?, a tale of two cities?. charlottes web?, im probably rubbish at this, but thats my interpretation.

what a great idea.

Marai

15/11/2016 16:15:54

Jayne, you must have been reading my mind..

Maria.

Thread: Chat
04/11/2016 15:03:45

my daughter saw this on her travels around europe. its a building in zaragoza spain. she said the buildings were 'insane' my first thought was 'quilt'

14693758_1462054203822439_436327754825203712_n.jpg

Thread: Mariners compass
31/10/2016 10:08:40

there is a mariners compass in the dec 2010 issue, article not pattern, but domt know if that will help.

Maria.

28/10/2016 14:40:58

grrr !!!

blasted machine is playing up. Ive changed thread, needle, rethreaded several times.. top thread keeps snapping, as it loops below. I suspect there might be a hiccup with the bobbin. had to finish halloween skirt thing by hand, as need it tonight. I will have to review things when i have a calm mind.

Marai.

Diane, hope everything sorts itself out, it must be maddening.. breathe....

Maria.

27/10/2016 12:42:02

delighted to see you again Katy. take care, i echo everyones comments, things have waited for a while, so a few more days wont hurt.smiley

Maria.

18/10/2016 18:47:25

Sue, glad your stitches are out, I understand your relief, it took 3 months for my wound to heal up suitably.

Katy, have been thinking of you , I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Fiona, hope you are in a good place.

Hugs and wishes to all, for any and every reason.

Maria.

17/10/2016 08:50:48

Reenie,

I have a ruler with slots in at half inch intervals up to 6 1/2 ". make dur*edge. pretty sure it wasnt that expensive,        I do find it helpful as i'm not the greatest with accuacy, it is easy ( matter of opinion as to what easy is  i guess )  to use when cutting several strips from one piece of fabric, providing your maths is ok ( ive messed up on a copuple of occasions)

It can be awkward to put your rotary cutter in the slot, but if you dont rush its ok. I also find that I drag the cutter against the plastic when trying to get it in the slot if im'm honest, and this may or may not help to blunt the blade. Other makes may have different qualities.

hope this helps.

Maria

Edited By maria hewitt on 17/10/2016 08:56:32

05/10/2016 17:57:30

Jayne, so lovely to hear, my eyes are tingling

Maria

03/10/2016 09:12:34

Back to watching flight radar, following dd to brisbane via singapore, always like to know they arrive safely. clock

ds not feeling well today, I think the excitement? of fending for himself last week has caught up with him.frown

sending hugs to everyone, regardless of whether needed or not... always nice to have a hug.

Maria.

01/10/2016 14:05:29

Oh Pam, so painful, so easy to clip your toes on things, It also reminded me of when dh and i were learning to dance, he was always stubbing my toes with his shoes, I had to stick my toenail up with sticky tape and several layers of nail varnish, I had a permanent split nail.

Back for my week in North Cornwall, far too much rain/drizzle and haarg (cornish mist), but the dog made us laugh, she went absolutely bonkers racing around on the beach, never had so much space, and then she dived in the stream like a seal to try and recover some pebbles DH threw in !.dog

(DS survived...why was i worried, although a few more days may have been interesting wink 

just need a bit of sun now to catch up with the laundry.hot

Maria.

01/10/2016 13:51:37

Lexie, have you recieved my squishie?

i sent at the same time as the others, I can send another if it hasnt shown up.. Maria.

Thread: Map Quilts
01/10/2016 13:47:10

ooh dear, looks like my map has gone by the wayside, never mind, I was struggling a bit even with the idea stage to be honest.

Maria.

Thread: Show and Tell
01/10/2016 13:44:44

catching up on posts after a week away in a wet and dreary Cornwall, (most of the time)

Glenda, I love your butterflies.

Maria

20/09/2016 10:16:21

first holiday away on our own. I clearly mollycoddle ds, as i was worried sick to start with, but his preparations have given me more confidence that he will survive, in whatever fashion.

I will come back full of pasty, cream tea and fudge teeth 2

Does anyone know how Katy is? have been thinking of her hughug 2teadog

Maria

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
20/09/2016 10:11:43

on holiday until end of next week, Ill give it some thought whilst im away.

maria.

11/09/2016 16:01:23

went out to the worthing sailing club shindig friday and saturday nights they are holding the 'dart open meet' I think i over did it a bit im shattered, and have hurt my foot, I think i trod on someone and twisted along my toeline, not helped by the fact I wore heels, and danced , which was the first time in quite a few months, had to hobble round the block with the dog this morning, as DH not home till tonight, after the presentations and stuff.

no machining for a bit methinks.

small fry compared to some, so I hope you all are getting your 'well' socks on. xxxlove Maria.

Diane, I would hate to list all my interests, much more than I have time to do! I'm thinking I must thin out some of them, but i know what will happen, i'll just have a little go......

I starting to remember all the stuff m&d left, and I know my kids wont be in the least interested in most of my 'stuff' I found a website that has a daily declutter target. 15 mins at a time, that is doable....so here goes. might even make space for a dedicated sewing area eventuallywink

Marai.

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
09/09/2016 10:29:53

Can I be a maybe?

Maria.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
SewAndSo
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues