By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
21/06/2017 09:56:06
I like this idea but am not sure I could keep up, however, if I only had one to choose and make, I could perhaps do the others at my leisure? . Would that be OK?
Thread: Chat
21/06/2017 09:51:28
Emma,
Here are some things I might like to try in the future, maybe they could be included in future pp editions (subject to ? of course)
High tea fusion quilt (part crochet)
Pictorial quilt, landscape /seascape etc.
Two sided zig zag Cafe curtain thing.
Quilted clothing (I saw an amazing waistcoat at a show)
Small projects(eg atc, postcards, pincushion, key fob, purse,)
How to fmq. (I have real problems getting my head round this)
Haberdashery, to add as embellishments. And I saw some stuff you can paint on fabric to make it waterproof.great for bags, or washbags.
Sorry if it's a bit vague...

Best wishes, Maria. (who has more ideas than time to do them)
19/06/2017 14:26:18

I skimmed over the political article, the whole of social media has become an area of people putting out nasty comments, as they think they are anonymouse. I chose to ignore as much as I can.

I chose to believe that most of the worlds population are kind and generous, and if you cant be that, then keep it to yourself.secret

We must all try to maintain our friendships, especially at this volatile time, so thank you all for being my friends, even though I have never met you in person. ( maybe one year at FOQ ? visitors coming this year, so its off the agenda. )

Love to all,hughug 2heart

Maria.

Edited By maria hewitt on 19/06/2017 14:27:22

Thread: Bags bags bags.
19/06/2017 13:58:13

Right!
Time to be positive, how about we share our favourite bag pictures, patterns and.makes, old and new.
Heres a couple of mine to get started.

img_20160723_170136.jpg

not a bag, a card holder, for all those store cards.. 36 pocket card wallet  from Infarrently creative

img_20160115_075850.jpg

enlarged purse bag adapted from pocket purse parade, by brenda dean. ( pp site)

tumbler tote.jpg

missouri star QC pattern. ( you tube)

Edited By maria hewitt on 19/06/2017 14:11:03

15/06/2017 16:09:38

must admit I gave it some considered thought before i renewed last month, my tablet died, and I have no wish to go digital on my phone.., and I am finding the projects less challenging, Ive given it another year, if im not impressed I may well defect... (I am already starting to pick back up on my dressmaking skills, although I have too many UFO's and FQ to stop quilting..

Maria.

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
31/05/2017 18:07:33
I have finished blocks for Sheila's and Simone. Just need to get to the post office.
Maria.
24/05/2017 11:14:22

good morning Rosemary and everyone,

may I suggest you have plain fabric, and a pot of black paint -on fabric dye. Stripes can be painted using sticky tape to get straight edges, and spots can be printed using bottle tops, pen tops or even cotton buds, pin heads if its that tiny depending on the size you want . I had to repaint a whole lot of little flowers on my daughters hat once, after i washed it! she was about 6 and inconsoleable.. took me 3 hours....

Maria.

Edited By maria hewitt on 24/05/2017 11:14:58

21/05/2017 16:25:10
Thimble, sorry to hear about your spam, it must have been quite a shock.
Rosemary, your holiday looks great.
Myra, I empathise completely, I suffer easily from Mal de mere. And it was quite blowy at the beginning of the week. If I remember. I bet it as fantastic with all the training shops docked up together. Glad you recovered to enjoy that.
We have just hatched some quail chick's, they are tiny.
Maria
03/05/2017 17:12:21

Carol, the feather fabric is F654 feathers in bloom, by fabric freedom. cant remember where I got it , one of the 'ooh i like that, i'm sure i can use it in something,, no dear, its been in the cupboard ages, from a show. wink

Thread: Easter ATC
13/04/2017 09:37:31

thankyou Claire, your ATC has arrived safely.

Maria.

11/04/2017 20:12:33
Kimmers If it was my quilt I would quilt a little motif in the centre of each square to push out the wrinkly stuff to the edges so it looks deliberate, but I'm a bit of a botch merchant.
But this might give you a different angle to think about.
Maria.
Thread: Easter ATC
11/04/2017 09:44:22

atc to claire posted last night, but doh.. I forgot to photograph it..

Maaria.

06/04/2017 13:07:20

Oh bother!, i seem to have forgotten to photograph most of the blocks I have sent.... never mind.

Maria

06/04/2017 13:03:59

Fiona,

Happy to hear you are home again, take care, we have all been thinking of you,

love Maria.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
24/03/2017 21:32:35
Sue if you start on the post a reply box there should be a little camera icon. If you click on it it should bring up a list of your photos, then you click on the one you want. Hope that helps, I have to do it on computer as it doesn't appear on my phone.
Maria
24/03/2017 10:46:38

Thankyou for your good wishes, we had a trip to see Jersey Boys last week, luckily I was sitting next to 2 ladies who were also 'not british' and we all jiggled about, heaven only knows what the people behind us thought.

thankyou for my squishies goes to Sandy,Fiona,Rosemary,Beryl,Marian,Margaret S,Mandy, Sheila,Sue. Ive mentioned by name, as im not sure if i acknowledged receipt, and if your anything like me you forgot which card and fabric you sent.

dsc_0023.jpg

dsc_0024.jpg

I think I might make some cushion covers, as my current ones are looking a bit dowdy.

Love Maria

24/03/2017 10:34:13

sending love to Fiona, I echo Winnie's thoughts.

Maria.

Thread: Welcome Alex
20/03/2017 15:59:46

welcome Alex, hope you quickly manage to enjoy the great spirit of community on here

Marai.

17/03/2017 10:36:44

Kimmers, so glad you liked it. your comments brought back the memory of receiving my unexpected quilt. ( deep breath)

enjoy.

Maria.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
10/03/2017 11:00:30

Sandy, your squishie ahs arrived safely,

Maria.

thankyou x.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues