By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: ATC swap 2013
09/06/2013 11:18:43

thanks Katy

I did have a practice with various stitches on a spare bit of fabric, but I think It was just the fact that I didnt think about the space for edgeing, as its quite busy...still, its a learning curve....

What happens about the photo, do we post the one we send, or recieve? and how do I get it on this post instead of my album.

Thread: Sewing bee?
08/06/2013 12:15:25

does anyone remember anne bradbury who used to do a sewing programme in the 70's, I used to watch that with my mum, and she showed great detail in some of the techniques. now that is what is needed to inspire new sewers, so they dont get overwhelmed.

07/06/2013 12:34:33

finished! but it looked so much better before I stitched round the edge.sad

Thread: Quilt as you go
04/06/2013 10:50:07

Have you seen youtube , missouri quilting or gourmet quilter, they have some useful quilt as you go stuff.

04/06/2013 09:28:07

Ok I'm right on it. (actually it's half done already )wink

Thread: FoQ 2013
03/06/2013 12:27:43

Hi Mandy,

I have been to quite a few shows and exhibitions by myself, you will have so much freedom, to look, buy, eat and drink at your own pace.

I wouldnt dream of taking DH, he would so cramp my style, and I wouldnt buy anything either, as it is I take cash for spending so I stick to my budget.

go and enjoy yourself

Thread: Welcome to PP, come and say hello
02/06/2013 16:18:22

hi I have just found this forum, and signed up for this months ATC , and everyone seems really friendly. I started doing some patchwork when my mum was really ill, be fore she died. it was great therapy, and I was able to do something productive, and switch off from the world. I now have so many FQ's and lot with bits cut out.. as I love fabric (mostly novelty.. which the kids have now grown out of , but hey..) and have had to buy some boxes to stack it all up in. Never seem to have the right piece though.

02/06/2013 15:49:22

Or could I use card or something els, Im trying to think outside the box at the minute, as I dont want to spend anything beyond what I have got in my varied stash of assorted crafts at the moment until I decide that this is something I want to do frequently.

02/06/2013 15:44:08

how stiff does it have to be I only have thin/ medium vilene, as I usually use it for dressmaking.? would 2 layers of that do do you think?

thanks

01/06/2013 08:48:00

OK im going to bit the bullet, count me in for this one, any helpful comments would be most appreciated,

Thread: Jazz quilt
28/05/2013 12:11:05

Thankyou for your lovely comments, I went through many types of square, and layouts and much unpicking, before I reached this one, It has all the things my daugheter has liked up to now. She refused to take it to Uni with her though as she didnt want to ruin it!!

24/05/2013 13:57:36

I have never seen this before, the cards all look so lovely, can anyone join at any time, and are we committed to a whole year, or just one month at a time. I think I might like to have a little practice first indecision

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues