By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
20/09/2017 11:35:25

Love to Dany at this difficult time.

Maria.

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
20/09/2017 11:33:17

as promised here are the photo of blocks received. dont know how it turned on its side ?

dsc_0127.jpg

15/09/2017 18:18:46
Thank you to Rosemary Margaret, Beryl, and Sheila's for your blocks, sorry my response has been a bit slow, I have had my friend from NZ to stay, and it's been a bit full on., will take a picture and pot over the weekend. Not to mention step brother in law passing away, andy operation being postponed. My head is spinning.
Maria.
05/09/2017 10:19:22

Sheila, thankyou so much for your cute nautical block, it did make me smile.

hoping to put them all together for a quilt for DH, as its 'his turn' for a quilt.

Maria.

03/09/2017 20:31:56
Glad you fixed it Rosemary, hope it holds up. My dh always uses grip fix, but he made a right mess of fixing my toybox my dad made me when I was five. W hen he stood on it many years ago. As you can't scrape off the hardened gunk. I still haven't forgiven him. And it's still a mess.
23/08/2017 14:47:29

Oh my!

just thought about my kids sewing machine which stitched chain stitch badly ( i made perforated 'stamps' for my post office with it mostly) will have to dig it out from the cobwebs.

Also my mums old jones hand machine, just googled and depending on the model may be worth a few bob. I knew there was a reason I wouldnt let him indoors hijack it for mending sails!

Maraia

NZ friend currently flitting around europe, despite this I am busy with Invoices and VAT, and pre-op visits to hospital, will be full on when she returns, as she is not one to sit still for any lenght of time, we have a gin distillery to visit, and tickets to Kensington Palace, and tea on her last day, as her flight is at 10pm!

DD had fun in Japan, soo many things went wrong, flight cancellations , lost equipment, lost custom made equipment, computer froze just as the show started.still she now knows all the music and technical shops in Tokyo. and loves the Japanese can do, no problem, we'll sort it out,attitude. Future problems will now seem a breeze ( i hope)

DH working all hours , cussing the weather and the part time attitude of the student pickers. my ears ache.

23/08/2017 14:25:43

have posted anita's block , have a feeling ive used the same white on white as Margaret. !

I think Anita will have a super collection.

Marai.

14/08/2017 20:23:20
Think I'm getting better with practise for these blocks. Apologies for any shortcomings in my previous blocks.
Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
28/07/2017 08:45:10
That is lovely Margaret, yes I have seen msqc, they always do lovely stuff, and suits me as it's individual accuracy.
My son (19) and I spent a while playing with the blocks to make all sorts of patterns. Not all symmetrical.
27/07/2017 09:22:18

I know I'm jumping the gun here a bit, but I have a very busy few days ahead.

Here is the AUGUST block., it is a disappearing pinwheel, there are a lot of variations swapping the pieces, feel free to play around and choose your favourite.

Maria.dsc_0088.jpgdsc_0089.jpg

Edited By maria hewitt on 27/07/2017 09:23:25

20/07/2017 19:24:52

here is my rosebud block.

hoping to use the flowery fabric on each block, but I only had a free fat quater with a magazine, and I dont know what it is called to get any more ?? Its not the tilda one, any ideas? i did ask the mag but no reply yet.

Maria.

dsc_0096.jpg

11/07/2017 16:06:16

cCaire, squishy posted today 2nd class. had fun picking the colours, hope its OK.

Maria.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
11/07/2017 16:04:54

June , squishy posted 2nd class.today.

Marai

06/07/2017 10:05:57

glad to hear Katy is doing fine, love to her and the girls.rainbow

Good news, I have a date for my final surgery in september, for the permanent replacement. I will be trussed up like a chicken for a few weeks, but hopefully I will look like a bunny girl afterwards blush.

Always thinking of Fiona, hope all is going well with you. hughug 2

Hugs to everyone, and great work all round.

Blueberry season has started, looks like a bumper crop, so I may be a little quiet on here..

Maria.

03/07/2017 09:48:27

Wow Emma, you sound very busy. looking forward to seeing your efforts. glad you're finding time to keep an eye on whats going on here.

03/07/2017 09:45:09

what super blocks!, makes me feel I should ,try harder, story of my life...i'm sure that was always on my school report. Jill of all trades, master of none.. thats me..

now for this months challenge.. more haste less speed for this I think.

Maria.

23/06/2017 18:26:19
OK, I will make a start on the sample this weekend., ooh, an excuse to buy fabric at Sandown... 😱
Maria.
Thread: Bags bags bags.
23/06/2017 15:50:10

Oh Wow! that is fantasitc Claire

23/06/2017 15:48:35

Emma, ditto what Winnie said.

Kimmers, calculating how much to save till next August, .. but how much for fabric and stuff...????££££

Glad the forum is starting to feel better, perhaps it just needed some hugs wink

Might go to Sandown national quilt tomorrow. If I can keep my purse in my pocket!!

Blueberry season is upon us, DH will be doing 18 hour days, I'm the support/backup to keep him going, I'll just have to speed up ,I have been very slack the last few weeks.

Maria.

23/06/2017 15:41:25

what is actually required Rosemary,

I will happily do August, then I can sit back and enjoy the different ideas.

Maria.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues