By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
31/12/2017 20:55:44
Happy new year, I wish you all good health, luck, love,happiness and plenty of sewing time
Love from Maria
Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
16/12/2017 13:02:18

A beautiful block has arrived from Dani today, Thankyou so much, mercie boucoup cest magnifiqe.
Maria

dsc_0147.jpg

I am hoping to make a quilt for my husband, who is a keen sailor, so I hope with some other nautical fabrics, he will finally 'get it' with the quilting.

laugh

Edited By maria hewitt on 16/12/2017 13:10:09

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
01/12/2017 14:50:26
December squished posted. Hope yours arrives in time Sheila, the calendar seems to skip a couple of weeks this time of year.😉
20/11/2017 08:29:25
Love and hugs to everyone experiencing health issues, hope all turns out well.
Also to those with bad and good news. We are all thinking of you.
As for stash exceeding life, well, my craft addiction has been like that for many years, really must thin out the stuff I no longer need.
Maria.
Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
20/11/2017 08:24:32
I will pass this year, can I suggest you open a new thread, new people may not see or react to this one.
Maria
Thread: Christmas Post card swap and November Challenge
15/11/2017 13:13:02

can I say maybe?, if i can get one made by the date.

Maria

12/11/2017 08:09:55
Eileen, anyone who hasn't had a sticky mishap is a big fibber! I have a baking panel I use from the pound shop, it's thick enough to re use, and you can rub off any excess when it is cool.
I haven't quite worked out the best way to clean iron soleplate yet. ( I have a lovely rim of ironed off gunk all round the edge of my ironing board) regular ironing board cover replacement is essential, I enjoy the changes anyway.

Maria.
12/11/2017 08:02:21
Clare, Thankyou foir your block, I love the colours.
Maria.
08/11/2017 15:15:19
Glad you ike it Rosemary, I enjoyed making it once I got my head round the fabric alignment for the piecing. I undid the first seam 3 times! It took me ages to get any inspiration. Thank goodness for pintrest.
Margaret, hope you are feeling more settled now.
PS there are several brassiere designs, mostly aimed at cancer awareness.
Maria.
06/11/2017 16:23:25
Delighted to say that the 'missing' blocks have finally turned up, they look much better in the flesh than the photos. Thankyou Denise and Margaret and Rosemary for posting.
Maria.
31/10/2017 10:30:06
Hi Rosemary, hopefully I will be able to get on with your block this week.
Sadly the blocks sent to me three weeks ago have still not arrived. I haven't given up hope yet though. Do you have any pictures?
Maria.
31/10/2017 10:24:41
Thankyou Rosemary, am feeling much better, it was a horrid couple of days, I am taking it easy for a few days, don't want to take one step forwards and two back.
I haven't tried stamping on fabric, but have used various fabric paints for things. I believe many of the 'card' inkpafs are indelible, but you have to be careful to get the right amount of medium on the stamp, so it doesn't smudge. I have actually used acrylic paint on many types of craft projects successfully.
Maria.
27/10/2017 10:28:32
Sitting here feeling sorry for myself, feeling dizzy, think it must be an ear infection following a cold. Can't do anything. Hope it goes away soon.
Maria.
20/10/2017 16:31:24

Hope your back is better soon Eilleen, I remeber many years ago mynow-ex- mother inlaw being prescibed total flat bedrest. the complete oppostite to todays thinking..

margaret, I too had my flu jab earlier this week, pretty much keeled over this morning,,bad sleep (and worry) ( dd is taking ds to work with her, i had visions of him causing accident by not screwing the lamps on tightly, and plugging the wrong cables in blowing stuff up.... I should know better   added to it,

my daughter says there is a particularly bad cold doing the rounds, so it could be that too. used to know all the bugs that were about when the kids were school age, I no longer have that network!. still, I've spent most of the day sleeping, and am feeling much better, despite sniffles.

hugs to all, lucky germs are not spread via the interweb,

Maria.

13/10/2017 14:29:13

Rosemary, the blocks havnt arrived yet, dont worry I'm sure they will come soon.

Maria

Winnie, hahaha Knew my french was a bit wonky !

12/10/2017 16:06:23

well, DS is at a 2 day job trial. we were late the first day, despite leaving 20 mins earlier than proposed . Ive never seen so much slow traffic. took the back roads today. got there in half the time. he has decided that manual lifting type warehouse work is not for him, so back to square one. whilst I havnt been able to concentrate, I have gained some mojo. ( having to get up for a purpose eg lift) I think I had a S A D couple of weeks, so need to get my lamp out.

Maria

12/10/2017 15:55:55

Merci Simone, votre bloc cest tres magnifique. J'adore les oiseaux.

here is the beautiful block from Simone, thank you so much.

my schoolgirl french thinks she said that it was a local lighthouse with a french flag.

Maria.

dsc_0132.jpg

09/10/2017 14:34:54
Rosemary, how about the foam from curlers, do they still do them? They could be cut to length. Trying to think outside the box.
Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
06/10/2017 15:27:18

dsc_0128.jpg

this was a bit bigger than I thought, and needed imagination to get it right, but here it is.

Maria.

06/10/2017 15:25:42

block from carol b

dsc_0129.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues