By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
18/03/2019 15:59:11

Lovely work ladies. I'm a bit apethetic at the moment, with my crohn's giving me a lot of pain, and poor sleep. Ihave an ecg and ct scan this week for the heart, so that is making progress, but I'm not getting the excercise, too painful to move at times. Still I'm thinking of lots of ideas, and berating myself for the excessive amounts of fabrics, and where to donate them, school, craft clubs etc.

I have recently crocheted a hat, and a thick rectangle in extra chunky wool, not sure what it will become, and started a jumper r with odd pin needles but I seem to be starting a lot and not finishing at the moment, no concentration.

Ho hum onwards and upwards

Maria

Thread: Rainbow quilt
18/03/2019 15:40:22

That's lovely Eileen

Thread: Chat
12/02/2019 18:33:43
I suspect the show may be repeated on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, so if you can wait, and you don't have I player, that might be an option.
Maria
Thread: hug hearts
10/02/2019 18:08:53
I got home from hospital to find some lovely hug hearts, thank you so much for your thoughts, I need to build up my strength again after 2 weeks pretty much flat on my back. Its quite scary going from 6 hourly moniteting to nothing at home, god bless heart foundation booklets, they are very informative. I will use the hearts to make a pillow cover, when I can persuade dh to bring my machine back down from the spare room after he had a tidying and cleaning session while I was away!
Love from Maria.
01/02/2019 15:33:09
Spent the last few days in hospital with heart problems, and crohns kicked off. Undergoing lots of tests. Hope they find out soon what the problem is.. Still I'm in the warm, with no idea what the weather is doing. Love to all.
Maria
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
15/01/2019 22:29:16
Don't panic Eileen, that looks like it maybe a nice tattoo. My daughter has one on each inside wrist, a compass, and a mountain range, quite delicate thank goodness, to go with her travel/adventurous personality.
Maria
10/01/2019 14:40:56

dsc_0280.jpgdsc_0286.jpgdsc_0287.jpg

sorry about the crick in the neck, theres some christmas bags, in an attempt to go "green" and chest of drawers, i decorated. interior design was a thing in my hobbies/ qualifications before I hit the sewing machine from my youthe. I amm Vowing not to buy any more fabric, as I really wont use what i have, am wondering where I can donate locally, noit sure the charity shops will appreciate it.

10/01/2019 14:20:11

dsc_0197.jpgwell, I havnt done as much quilting as I might have done, but have busied myself with other things, dressmaking,bags, and revamping a couple of chests of drawers. heres some pics.

dsc_0274.jpg

31/12/2018 19:37:52
Happy New year to everyone hope it will be a good healthy happy year.
Winnie, I am so pleased to hear your news, I really hope the doctors can sort you out, and you have a good if not great new year.
Love Maria
29/12/2018 11:50:30
Sorry to hear about Sheila, whilst I didn't know her personally , I recall her many posts on this friendly page. Condolences to her family and friends.
Maria
22/12/2018 18:54:56
Taking this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Christmas with a healthy and successful New year.
Love Maria.
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
22/12/2018 18:53:13
Hope you can make good use of my inexperienced effort, maybe trimming down for an odd corner somewhere. I am well aware that my skills fall short of many members.
Love Maria.
Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
22/12/2018 18:49:31
6,4,8 are my choices, well done everyone.
26/11/2018 13:25:33
I'm considering getting a die cutting machine, for strips and squares and triangles up to six inch. To organize my huge fq stash.
Can anyone give me advice, I have no experience of these whatsoever, how do you know what die cutters are needed etc? I've Google it but not really sure. I don't want to spend more than ?100. Preferably a lot less, as I think the dies are extra? Thanks, Maria.
01/11/2018 17:08:41

love your monsters Rosemary, Im not a halloween person though. stems from chikdhood, and leaving a broom outside the door so the witches knew not to bother us. I did read on fb that someone put tabletsor drugs ofsomesort in a childs goodie bag, oh dear, i remember pins in apples one year in the 70's.sad

went to watch ..finally.... a concert that my daughter was lighting, rainbowin brighton, a band called superorganism. i didnt think i would enjoy it, but i was jiggling away, the performance outweighed the tunes, which didnt sound great on their own. she said it was rubbish lighting and a shh venue, but i thought it was good, I await the next performance invite,somewhen, when she thinks it will be better.smiley

went to an " escape room" for sons birthday, we managed to work out all the clues, but I think you need to do a couple to get the hang of it. although we were stuffed to the gills with sweet waffles and ice cream... a definate sugar overload. he had mates over on the day ..lovely to hear laughter and chat, I hid in my room, and read a book. (it was his 21st)laughcakebeer

mojo is still missing, its about somewhere...

dog has got her annual tummy problems, we really dont know what she is picked up from somewhere despite close supervision

Maria

16/10/2018 02:33:33
I have some lovely pastel rainbow strips lined up for a project somewhen that would look great in a bargello design. Project waist coat using a furry style sweatshirt, butchering the arms off. I have far to many ideas/stash/ufo's.
Maria
08/10/2018 18:52:17
Happy birthday Winnie 🎂🍾
I'm sure Rosemary wouldn't get it wrong 😉
Even so hope you are settling in well and can relax a bit. 😘
Love Maria. X
02/10/2018 20:14:21
Lovely blocks girls. Just thought I would highlight an article by myta of sew sew easy, which highlights a scientific article about how quilting can aid depression. It's quite long, but worth the read.
Maria
06/09/2018 21:31:24
Just a thought, how's Katy? And Fiona, haven't heard from them for a while. And a few others from the crew.
Maria
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
06/09/2018 21:26:23
Love that cassini quilt Margaret, I have a similar design in my head, with much larger pieces for my my night is your day. Still accumulating the required novelty fabrics though.. 😱 Not much space left in my room for them though! Maria
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues